5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome series, but Not sure why its listed for $70....
Joss Whedon is pure genius, he can do more in 1-2 seasons than many can do in 16. This show held me to the end, that came too soon in my opinion, and is a must have for your DVD/Blyray/Digital collection!!

My advice- buy it, but buy Season 1 and Season 2 separately and you will spend only about $25.
Published 19 months ago by kceasley

3.0 out of 5 stars Liked the First Season - Then it lost its way
Published 17 months ago by helen Huish

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome series, but Not sure why its listed for $70...., February 12, 2013
This review is from: Dollhouse: The Complete Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Are You: 1.) Happy 2.) Sad or 3.) Content? What Defines the Conclusion of a Great Series?, June 9, 2012
NO SPOILERS

I watched both seasons over the course of 2-weeks in 3-4 episode blocks. Truth be told, I never got into Dollhouse in real time. I think the issue was that as is the case in all JW series, the program started out slowly and I simply didn't give it the chance it deserved. Foundations are laid and characters go through several levels of evolution.

DH offers a lot to like:

1.) An interesting techno-science concept

2.) Big business run amok

3.) Eliza Dushku rocking everything from a halter to a school girl outfit to dominatrix leathers

The are plenty of plot twists, great writing and alumni from nearly every other JW series of old. Even with 1-arm and librarian glasses Summer Glau still can't help look appealing!

Thankfully, The Dollhouse does offer a series conclusion with the last episode of season 2 acting as a continuation to the last episode of season 1.

With the success of the JW written "Marvel Avengers", I can only hope that we have not seen the last of him re: TV series development.

3.0 out of 5 stars Liked the First Season - Then it lost its way, May 1, 2013
This review is from: Dollhouse: The Complete Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD)
I admit it, i had high expectations for Dollhouse. Joss Whedon had been a bit of a hero for me, thus i purchase Season 1 @ 2 sight unseen. while i found enjoyed the mystery and slow unravelling of characters and the world the inhabited, i ended up feeling a bit grossed out by some of the story lines. I thought the use of sexual violence as unnecessary and for me off putting. I would recommend the first season, but not so the second, as by then i had lost interest and the story lines started to get a bit silly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dollhouse: the complete seasons 1&2, February 13, 2012
This review is from: Dollhouse: The Complete Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD)
What can I say, have been waiting for this to get down here to Australia in DVD for two years still not here.Good to see that I am able to get it here and see all the ones I missed on TV,I am very happy with it and if people out there have only seen a few of each seasons then this one is for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Why is Complete Series is a British Import?, May 18, 2014
What can I say about Joss Whedon's Dollhouse that hasn't already been said??? I got impatient waiting for my DVR to catch a rerun of the less popular Season Two so I quickly added this to another purchase... I should have looked more closely at the Product Details before, but there are errors: Subtitles are in French, Portuguese, Spanish and English. Also, the Region it is actually A+B, so it will work in American Blu-Ray players if you don't order the both individual seasons for some reason. (There is also some nit-picking I could do about the seller, but the feedback page isn't working right now...)

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Fantasy, April 14, 2014
Bilco41 (Deep in the hills.) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed this series, this set allowed me to pick up the few shows I missed during it air life. The premise of the show is the ability to clear a persons memories and personality, imprint a new personality into the blank body, then place the subject into a situation where it interacts with the person who has paid for the process. Although most of the encounters fail to meet the expectations of the purchaser due to flaws in the programming methods, and a failure to completely erase basic traits of the imprinted subject. The show is provocative, and violent, with insights into human psychology,but it is handled in a mature tasteful manner. Miss Dushku is a talented, lovely actress, who shows extreme sensitivity in her character performance. I would recommend the series to a more mature audience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, April 2, 2014
This review is from: Dollhouse: The Complete Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD)
Another amazing Joss Whedon production. Great cast, especially Eliza Dushku. Didn't much like Faith but she really shines here! My only complaint is that it ended too soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars classic joss wheadon, March 28, 2014
Great program cut short by pour ratings. Any Joss Wheadon fan will love this program in a compact package. Finally on a format worthy of this show.

5.0 out of 5 stars .., January 27, 2014
This review is from: Dollhouse: The Complete Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD)
Loved this - I love joss whedon and everything he does and I wish this show lasted a little bit longer

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, January 15, 2014
Love the game thanks!
This series is great from the look and how it plays out in the second season. The wife loves it Thanks.

Dollhouse: The Complete Seasons 1 & 2