4.0 out of 5 stars Great for young readers
Published on November 25, 2011 by StephanieS

2.0 out of 5 stars I paid how much?
This book is almost completely worthless for the price. I suppose it would be okay for second graders who are still learning to read. There are not enough words on each page to justify the price. I thought I was getting an in-depth story about the situation. The entire book took me maybe 2 minutes to read.
Published 20 months ago by A. Simmer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for young readers, November 25, 2011
This review is from: Dolphin Tale: The Junior Novel (Paperback)
I read this novel with a struggling reader in my seventh grade class. She loved it, and it became something we could talk about, and gave her confidence as she read. She loved the story, and the ability to check on Winter at seewinter.com. We were able to discuss fiction vs. nonfiction, as well as many other aspects of the story. It was a wonderful experience for both of us. This is a great choice for younger children, or struggling readers to read on their own.

5.0 out of 5 stars When You Read One Chapter You Will Want to Keep on Reading!, February 12, 2013
This review is from: Dolphin Tale: The Junior Novel (Paperback)
Do you care about dolphins? If you do, you should read Dolphin Tale. Dolphin Tale is about a group of people that saved a dolphin named Winter, which was caught in a crab trap. Dolphin Tale is a perfect book! I really liked one of the characters, Sawyer Nelson and the illustrations in the book.

One reason I think Dolphin Tale is a perfect book is that it includes colored illustrations. The colored illustrations show what already happened and what will happen. Because of these colored illustrations, the ending of the book does not come as a big surprise.

Another reason I think Dolphin Tale is a perfect book is that I like one of the characters named Sawyer Nelson. I like Sawyer because he never gave up on Winter. I also like the way how determined Sawyer was to save Winter.

I'd recommend Dolphin Tale to 3rd to 5th graders. When you read one chapter you will want to keep on reading!! Dolphin Tale is a perfect book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, January 24, 2012
This review is from: Dolphin Tale: The Junior Novel (Paperback)
This is an excellent book and is an easy read. Great for boy or girl. Age 4 likes being read to (even though not tons of pictures) - familiar with the movie. And perfect for and 8/9 year old to read on own. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dolphin Tale Book, December 18, 2013
We watched the movie with our grandchildren ages 9-4, and they loved it. We read or tell them stories prior to bed, yes we are old even to remember those times when our grandparents would tell stories. When we find a book to partner with a film they like, we always get it. Then within 6 months they must read it to all of us. It is a big performance, stage, curtain, lights; they like the stage. Good book. Suggest The Princess Bride, The Chronicles of Narnia and The Never-ending Story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dolphine Tale: the Junior Novel, December 4, 2011
This review is from: Dolphin Tale: The Junior Novel (Paperback)
Bought this book for my grandson. It loves the book! We purchased it after seeing the movie, which was very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars First chapter book without frequent pictures that my kids were riveted to, December 18, 2014
This review is from: Dolphin Tale: The Junior Novel (Paperback)
My 4 and 6 year old got so into this book. We've done some chapter books with pictures on most pages before, but any previous attempt at chapter books without pictures everywhere had fallen flat. Not so with this book. I think with the emphasis I put on certain passages and some of the discussion we had regarding the dolphin and the issues she faced, the kids really got to caring about Winter and couldn't wait to hear more about what was happening at the Clearwater Marine Hospital. We haven't seen the movie yet, so we'll have to now go see which way they enjoyed the story more. It'll be a high bar to get over for the movie as the kids would beg for me to read another chapter when I was ready to stop each night and sat mostly still and really payed attention to me when reading this book. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars You just don't know how much I wish I could meet Winter., June 14, 2014
I have seen this movie so many times I probably know all the words by heart. It is such a great movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring True Story - Also a Good Family Movie with a Great Message, June 8, 2014
This review is from: Dolphin Tale: The Junior Novel (Paperback)
We loved this true story. The main character is a struggling little boy. He meets a friend with a different set of challenges (a little girl) and they help each other in different ways. Purpose is found in caring for an injured dolphin. The little boy is able to connect with the dolphin in ways that others aren't. In this story, pretty much every one is going through a very real set of their own daily trials and struggles. In the end, through the struggles, each person recognizes they hold the key to helping another and it contributes to a very happy ending for all. We love this story. We got to see the movie that came out in the theater a couple years back too. This was a good movie to be able to see on the big screen. Besides a great story, it's a great family movie, packed with lots of good messages for kids and adults alike. It's all about perseverance and helping others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very intersting and engaging!, December 2, 2013
This review is from: Dolphin Tale: The Junior Novel (Paperback)
This is an awesome movie! My 6 year old daughter absolutely loves it and I know she will LOVE the book too! She reads at a higher level so this is the perfect book for her. I would think the average reader age would be grade 2-4 for this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, May 5, 2013
P. Gollner (Berkeley, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dolphin Tale: The Junior Novel (Paperback)
This is such a great book for readers who love adventure and suspense. I enjoyed the movie called "Dolphin Tale" so I decided get the book. I am so happy I did! :)

I recommend this book! It's very good. Also, if you are seriously obsessed with Winter the dolphin and this book like me, you can go on seewinter.com! On the website, there is a webcam so that you can see the dolphins... it is so cool.

The shipping was also quite fast and it came here very quick. The only problem is that when the package came, the box was a little bent and even tared. (!) I thought that the book would definitely be damaged... but to my surprise the book was in great condition and nothing was wrong with it.

I am a HUGE fan of dolphins, and I bet most people would love this book. Also, I am only 9 so yah... xD

I bet you think I'm great at writing at the age of nine... xD
lol
Okay that's all.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Dolphin Tale: The Junior Novel
Dolphin Tale: The Junior Novel by Gabrielle Reyes (Paperback - August 1, 2011)
$5.99 $4.89