Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dolphins: Amazing Pictures & Fun Facts on Animals in Nature (Our Amazing World Series Book 3)
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 10, 2013
I read this to my 6 year old grandson and he enjoyed it so much. He would stop me to comment on some of the information and to look at the pictures. A few weeks after we read the book, at the dinner table one evening, he shared some of the information he had learned. We do enjoy this series! Thank you.
on November 14, 2012
I found this picture book to be filled with interesting and detailed factoids. I found the captioned photographs to be engaging and some of them were magnificent. I only wish the were a bit larger as some of the dolphin detail gets lost on a couple where there is a small dolphin in a large background.

The author not only gives general dolphin factoids but also show photos of some of the species, highlighting their differences.

I can recommend this book for kids and adults.
on August 6, 2012
Right off the bat this book was a HUGE hit with my nephew! In fact we have read it 3 times already in the first day. He only comes over to visit every once in awhile so I don't mind. I often let him pick a book and then we sit on the couch and read it on my Kindle - he loves it!

The part that he thought was the best (I'll be honest, I NEVER knew this!!) is that dolphins sleep for 16 hours a day... they close one eye and 1/2 of their brain sleeps for 8 hours, then they switch eyes/brains for another 8 hours.

Simply amazing! I often wish I could do that...

Great read, kids will love this one!!
Quoted from my 6-year-old who reads on my account: "I really like this book. There was not anything I disliked. My favorite part was the picture of the Amazon River Dolphin. I also learned that river dolphins are also known as pink dolphins. But they look white to me [on the kindle paperwhite] though."
on May 15, 2013
As a teacher of young children I must say this series is one of the best I have ever seen to meet the new Common Core State Standards for high quality non- fiction literature in the classroom. I highly recommend this book and every other one in this series. They are perfect for providing non fiction content to young children.
on October 16, 2014
I'm used to finding rubbish on Kindle; as many of the authors are self-publishers, and they are often self-publishers because they aren't traditionally publishable. This book was a pleasant surprise. I never looked to see if it was a self-publishers book, or simply the e-book for a traditionally published book, but it was well written, included interesting and factual information, and was well worth reading. I will likely purchase more of this series for my daughter and I to read.
on October 12, 2012
I love the way the author has complied this educational resource on dolphins. It goes into wonderful detail about this amazing mammal. She was added beautiful photos of these lovely creatures of the sea. My grandchild has learned a great deal from this book and from the others in this series.
on December 27, 2014
This book is informative and beautiful. It has a good combination of text and gorgeous color photography. The chapters are short and easy to read. I would recommend it for children of all ages and especially for those who love dolphins or just want to learn about them.
on August 6, 2012
I didn't really know what to expect from a short book like this, but the photographs are really beautiful and I learned a lot more about dolphins than I thought I would. I bought this for myself (my kids are all grown up), but I think children of all ages will enjoy it.
on September 27, 2014
I never knew how amazing dolphins could be. They are playful, intelligent, and beautiful. This book has beautiful pictures, along with words that make anyone love dolphins. It has no flaws. I recommend this book to anyone.