5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cloth Pads Around!
Postpartum with my second child, it finally dawned on me that it was odd that I'd spent so much time researching and then lovingly cloth diapering my kids, yet was still using disposable products for me. Especially considering that I still have many, many years of, ahem, cycling ahead of me.

I first learned about Domino Pads on a Keeper of the Home blog post...
Published 21 months ago by Munchasaurus

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for me only on lighter period days
these are good in that they are comfortable and they don't irritate my skin, but on the first couple of days when my period is the heaviest, it doesn't absorb anything, it just sits on the top of the pad, making a big mess. I found that if I use my regular pads for the first couple of days, and then switch to these, I solve both of my issues...so, overall, I do like them...
Published 10 months ago by Susanna Ryan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cloth Pads Around!, February 26, 2013
This review is from: Domino Pads Variety Pack -Regular- Assorted Colors (Health and Beauty)

I first learned about Domino Pads on a Keeper of the Home blog post while I was researching cloth pad options: [...]. I tried Party in My Pants pads, and, while I loved the fun prints and thinness of their pads, I came to the same conclusion the Keeper of the Home reviewer did about them. They were just too bunchy and shifty for my taste.

I decided to try Domino Pads next, and let's just say I won't be needing to try any other brands. They are colorful, soft and breathable and feel like a swanky pair of underwear against your skin. The paradox of cloth pads is that people think they will feel "yuckier" than disposable pads when they actually feel more luxurious and comfortable! No bunching like my Party in my Pants pads, no shifting. Quality of construction is very professional. Another distinct advantage of this brand over other "mama cloth" options is the durability of the materials. The bamboo and windpro fleece have a much longer lifespan through repeated washing than the PUL and nylon backings other cloth pad brands use. Worth considering if you view a cloth pad purchase as a long-term investment. Try them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome starter pack for going cloth, May 28, 2013
Super absorbent and super comfortable! I get really heavy periods (normally use 2x kotex overnight pads per hour on the heaviest day) so when I tried these and didn't get a single leak, I was completely sold. Have been using these over a year - won't ever buy disposables again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for those with health concerns about disposables, March 3, 2013
Andrea (Lincoln, NE) - See all my reviews
These pads are perfect for people with health concerns regarding disposable products! After suffering through infertility and countless tests trying to figure out what was wrong, I was diagnosed with PCOS. I researched it and found out that a lot of studies point to the dioxins in disposable menstrual products as part of the cause of PCOS. The chemicals build up in your system and poison your body wreaking havoc and causing all sorts of problems.

Domino Pads was one of the first brands that I bought and instantly fell in love with. My PCOS symptoms have improved significantly. I'll never switch back to disposables. I recommend EVERY woman to try them. It makes that "time of the month" almost enjoyable since I am able to wear something so soft and comfortable. I definitely recommend them to all women!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cloth pads, February 26, 2013
These are awesome pads! They never leak and stay in place. They wash up so easy and stay looking nice :) If stains are something that bother you, choose the dyed ones (although I rarely see any real staining). Great for everything from regular cycles, postpartum or urinary incontinence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait to buy more!, September 15, 2013
I purchased these 2-3 cycles ago and I have loved them ever since. I had a child recently and since I wanted to be eco-minded and use cloth diapers with her, I started to look into using cloth for myself. I've used a menstrual cup in the past but still needed a back up pad given my incredibly heavy flow. I also am fairly active (horseback riding) and sometimes the cup or a tampon just isn't conducive to those activities.

For regular activities, these pads were superb. I feel like I'm pampering my nethers when I snap it in. It really is nice and soft and I don't get contact rashes and rubbing irritation like with disposable pads. As of this past weekend, I can also attest that these pads stayed in place while I rode my horse for about 4 hours. And again, no irritation on the panty line.

These pads are also incredibly absorbent. I mentioned that I have a very heavy flow. I have not soaked through these pads, and that was one of my main worries, especially since I couldn't see a waterproof layer, like with a cloth diaper. I've worn one over night within my heavy flow time and didn't leave a mark on the sheets or blankets, underwear or pajamas. That alone sold me.

I've already recommended them to friends, and as soon as I can convince the hubby, I'm buying 2 more sets so I can wear them throughout my whole period. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars After 3 years of use I still love these!, May 13, 2013
ar83 (Fitzgerald, GA, United States) - See all my reviews
Oh, I have used many cloth pads. I use more panty liners than actual menstrual pads so I have used them more than 1 week out of the month. I find that after multiple uses/washes that cloth pads fade, wear out, bunch, stitching comes undone, snaps pop off, etc. HOWEVER, my original seven Domino Pads look amazing even after 3 years! The snaps still work, they retain their original shape, the wings have not stretched out. In function, they are just as great as they started out: Always stay in place, feel amazing, never leak through, and wash up great. I wish I could give them more stars! I can't imagine how much have saved and how much trash was saved from the landfill because of these pads. I recently purchased 3 more just because I liked the limited edition prints and the quality is just as good now as it was then. Bravo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Much thicker than other pads but still the most comfortable, June 9, 2013
I have used 5 other brands of cloth pads and many brands of disposables including natural ones. These are the most comfortable ever. I am very sensitive and will itch with disposables and feel uncomfortably wet or even itchy with most other cloth pads. These ones are the most durable, and the most comfortable. They are a very unique design that no other pad maker makes. This is what makes them so durable and also I have never had a leak with these pads no matter how heavy the flow is. I was concerned that they are much thicker than all other pads but they still do not give you a "diaper" feeling. I am wearing one now and I can't even feel it. With some cloth pads, I have to change it the next time I go to the washroom, many times in an hour or less due to a wet feeling. With these, I feel confident I can go out for a day of errands without always having to carry a pile of pads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Way better than disposable, August 19, 2013
Kathryn "David" (decatur, GA, United States) - See all my reviews
So after a while of happy cloth diapering of my little one, my cycle returned and it felt kinda dumb to be using disposable pads. So I ordered these based on other positive reviews, though I was somewhat skeptical of the ones saying they felt like underwear. Honestly, they are awesome. No leaks, completely comfortable and they actually feel better than regular underwear. I think it is because they are completely cloth, but they don't get hot and stuffy like some disposable pads do. Go ahead and try them already, you won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars SO COMFORTABLE!!, January 1, 2014
I've had these pads for a couple of weeks. I finally got my period and used them for the first time yesterday. My worry had been that they would be bulky. They were not at all. They were extremely EXTREMELY comfortable! It was essentially like wearing another layer of underwear. SO much more comfortable and flexible than store bought. I'm so happy I bought them.

My only two caveats:

1) The price. Dear god... the price!
2) I wish the whole thing sort of wrapped around my underwear instead of just the smallish tabs. The first night, it leaked around the side, unfortunately. I might end up wearing store-bought at night and these pads during the day. I will say that I tend to sleep with one leg bent with my knee near my chin, and the other leg straight. So, that might have helped cause the leaking around the side.

One other thing I liked: I've been hand washing them after use, just because it's easier. I hung up the small & medium to dry, and by the morning, the small one was completely dry. (the medium was still damp, though)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pillow in your pants, August 12, 2013
I bought Domino pads last year, and they are truly wonderful. They feel like the softest pillow in your underwear. I can't ever go back to disposables after trying these wonderful menstrual pads! I would highly recommend getting a few of a different size as well as minky and bamboo to see what kind of fabric works best for you. The advantage with minky is that it's stain proof so you just have to wear them and wash them and no worries.

Domino pads are such a great investment. They are professionally sewn and will last a long time. Even with constant use, my pads still look brand new. Love, love my Domino pads.

Honestly, I don't have to worry about running out of pads, and these will last me such a long time that it's really such a great deal.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›