5.0 out of 5 stars the best shoulder pad for ANY bag
Published on March 4, 2008 by JB photo

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last for me
I bought this for an overseas trip to carry my DSLR and 2 lenses. The backing came apart from the foam on day 3 and by the end of the trip completely unglued. Poor quality.
Published on October 21, 2010 by Angelica Gonzalez

5.0 out of 5 stars the best shoulder pad for ANY bag, March 4, 2008
This review is from: Domke 725-310 FA-031 U.S. Post Office Shoulder Pad (Camera)
I have several of these and use them on all my bags. They are easy to attach to any shoulder strap and the weight distribution and comfort is beyond anything I've experienced from other bags. The image shown here isn't accurate - this shoulder pad has a thick foam padding under that is angled so it rests comfortably on your shoulder whether you have the bag on your shoulder or across your body (messenger bag style) - it's easy to remove to use on other bags and is seriously comfortable! I use this on the Domke F2 but also on Crumpler bags which I find very uncomfortable with the pad that comes with the bag. I also have one for my Freitag messenger bag that I use for school. I bought my Domke shoulder pads from bhphoto - they have a more accurate description and photo, but the price is the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried 3. Picked one., May 25, 2011
Tough to tell online, so I purchased 3 products:
The Domke, the Timbuk2 Griptex, and the Air Cell Lined strap.

The Timbuk 2 was a huge disappointment. The Griptex had no grip at all. Fail.
The Aircell is pretty good, and would be my second choice. It's comfortable and non-slip.

But the Domke is great. It's thick and comfortable, and provides the non-slip padding I was looking for.
Recommended.

(I'm using it on a Bag Of Holding from ThinkGeek, which I also love. It has a good thick strap and is well made overall.
Just surprised and disappointed that it did not come with any kind of shoulder cushion. This add-on completes the bag.)

4.0 out of 5 stars nice pad, September 16, 2009
This is a very comfortable and well-designed shoulder pad. I use it for a messenger bag that didn't come with a pad. The padding has the perfect consistency to prevent "digging in" -- as one poster mentioned, the rubber pad does "shed" a bit, kind of like a pencil eraser, but it's really no big deal -- I rubbed it on my jeans for a few seconds when I first got it and that knocked off most everything that might have ended up on my shirt in the future. I use it cross-shoulder, and the angled cut of the pad is perfect for this, but I'm sure it'd be pretty comfy hanging straight down too. The plastic backing looks rigid in the photo but it too is very flexible, though it spreads the load of my bag's thin strap nicely over the whole pad.

All in all, a good buy for this price and I'm glad I chose it over the other pads available on amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last for me, October 21, 2010
Angelica Gonzalez (Miami, Florida USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this!!!, December 13, 2007
The only problem I have with this is that it did not come with my bag to begin with! :-) This is such a great pad, far better than I have seen any other piece of luggage.

It is thick, non-slip and really distributes the weight of the bag. My camera bad weighs in at a hefty 24 pounds. This this allows me to carry it around, with the strap over my neck and shoulder, comfortably all day long, even on hikes.

Well worth it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Big chunky shoulder pad with a ton of padding, July 17, 2009
3party (Waldport, OR) - See all my reviews
This pad failed my "Will it slip off a very slick raincoat?" test, but only after a lot of walking. On other materials, it works superbly. This is the pad that all those bag and strap manufacturers were too cheap to include in the first place. It is very big, very comfortable, and very expensive for what it is. $10 seems about right. $20 doesn't.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as i need, September 26, 2010
Since this is advertised as a Post Office shoulder pad I wanted to try it. It is better than what came with my bag but not nearly as giood as the Op-Tech that I bought after sending this back. Unless your current strap that you put this on is wide enough, the thing slips and I was constantly adjusting it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have upgrade to any messenger bag, November 6, 2008
I'm using this strap with a Timbuk2 messenger I got with no strap. I thought about getting the Timbuk2 strap but when I saw the Amazon reviews I decided to give this a try. It really balances the weight of any bag and makes it much more comfortable.

Pros:
- nice contour and padding
- pad is wedge-shaped and stays put
- easy to put on

Cons:
- none

5.0 out of 5 stars a life saver!!, December 21, 2008
This shoulder pad is the best!! It's comfy and really helps distribute the weight of my camera bag nicely. And with the smart "thicker on one side and thinner on the other", my bag stays on my shoulder! And I'm confident that my too pricey to bang around camera and lenses won't die premature deaths by slipping off and crashing to the ground. so hip hip hooray! for this shoulder pad!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Saves My Shoulder, July 17, 2008
A good product that has a lot of padding to protect my bony shoulder from other, more narrow straps from cutting in to it. Recommended.

Domke 725-310 FA-031 U.S. Post Office Shoulder Pad