5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great
Published on September 22, 2011 by Brian

2.0 out of 5 stars Less is not more
I know that it was only $11 but this protective sheet is thin and provides little protection. While the stitching was nice and it was made in the USA (at least that is what the sticker said) they could have spend $.50 more on good neoprene and made it a good item. Chintzy feeling.
Published on June 26, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, September 22, 2011
I bought the 15-inch for a Canon 70-300mm zoom and the 11-inch for a Canon 20mm f/2.8 prime. Both fit perfectly. To size them, know this. The 11-inch is 11" wide on all four sides, so it is 15.5" diagonally (high school math and the Pythagorean theorem for the win). Look up your lens, take the maximum width and double it, take the length and double it, then add the two up. It should be a little less than the diagonal measurement so you have some overlap for the velcro to grab on.

I bought two of these for a trip, so I could take a couple lenses but not the whole gear bag. They worked very well, but you'll still have to pack them properly. I wouldn't just toss them in anywhere. On the plane, I had them wrapped up inside a jacket in my backpack. Walking around, they were snug inside a shoulder bag with a few other things. I wouldn't just roll them around loose in a big backpack, as the padding is not super thick. I see some folks have used this for wrapping a SLR body with lens attached, but I don't see how. There are better products for that, check out Zing neoprene wraps - they are custom sized for a better fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies! You CAN have it all!, May 31, 2011
Ok ladies, listen up. If you are a photographer and also fashion forward, you NEED this wrap. "Cute" camera bags are either 1. not actually cute or 2. really expensive, or let's be real, both. Not to mention that a lot of the time, no matter how hard they try to hide it, a camera bag still looks like a camera bag, which is like advertising you have expensive gear on you. I also really hated the idea of spending 200+ on a camera bag when I could use it on a new lens/filter/toycam/etc...so when I saw this, I knew I had to have it. All I do is pick my camera for the day, wrap it up, then stick it in whatever handbag I'm using that day. Now you are instantly more fashionable while still prepared for whatever photo adventure awaits. The 19inch is big enough to wrap my D700 (w/ lens attached) with room to spare and more than enough for my D3100, also with a lens attached. I probably could have gone smaller but like that I can use the excess to wrap around it again which gives it another layer of protection.

LADIES! You can have it all! You CAN be a kick ass photographer without looking like you just hiked back from the woods with Uncle Ansel! No more ugly bags for you, now you can be as fashionable as the models you're shooting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes any bag a camera bag!, September 6, 2008
This review is from: Domke F-34M 15-Inch Protective Wrap -Gray (Camera)
I bought two of these (a 19" and 15") to make a tote bag into a camera bag. Well, sort of. I ended up just placing them on top of each other at the bottom of the bag. The wraps create a nice bottom cushion and also come up the sides a bit. I'm using two because I'm a bit over protective of my gear and felt that one wasn't enough padding, especially for a bottom of a bag.

The 15" just wraps around a Nikon D700 + 50mm, so I think the point is to wrap the lens and camera separately in most cases since most lenses are bigger than a 50.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection for your precious lens or camera!, April 1, 2010
I bought two of this 19" protective wrap, and they are the greatest thing you can have to protect your lenses or cameras. It is ultra easy to use and fast to adapt to your items. I used one of this to protect my Pentax K-X with its 18-55mm lens without a problem. The other I used to store a digital video camera.

All good things said, it is time to talk about the downturns. Be sure to select the correct size for your item because it can be too large to fit some of your items, and although you can bend it, it can be a bulky waisting precious space in your carry on bags.

4.0 out of 5 stars Largest on 60D and 5D Mk III, December 14, 2012
I found out about this from a professional bird photographer. When he had a normal lens on his camera (meaning not his monster 500mm), he would always use the Domke when stowing the body/lens in his pack or a snug spot among other gear in the trunk.

I do mostly weddings and various events with a 5D Mk III and a backup 60D, so I bought two. I use them to keep dust off while my cameras are at home, when carrying a body in the trunk, and I also use one as an alternative to the lens case that came with my 70-200mm when it is in my pack, as the lens case is huge and just takes up too much space.

These are not padded, so they obviously were NOT designed to protect against anything more than a light knock against a hard surface. But they keep dust and the occasional water droplets out, protect buttons and knobs and displays, and also protect body and lens barrel from scratches.

The largest size is big enough to wrap a 60D and 24-70mm, but with a 5D Mk III with the same lens, there is little room to spare. (Note that I keep L-brackets on both cameras at all times.)

One thing that is puzzling is that, to get a good wrap, you have to put the softer side OUT, meaning that the somewhat water resistant side is inside. Intuitively, you'd think that the soft side should contact the gear and the plasticky side should be outside, but that makes wrapping properly difficult as the Velcro contact points are very limited.

For traveling to locations and stowing body/lens combinations at home, I highly recommend this. Just understand that it is not designed to protect against impact.

Update: I figured how to wrap my 5D Mk III and 70-200mm f/2.8L II with the largest size. Just had to try a few ways of folding so the Velcro could stick. I've ordered three more of these as gifts for fellow photographers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Domke are GREAT!, September 7, 2008
Girlalex (Hallowell , ME) - See all my reviews
these are great, versatile, convenient, affordable...

i use them for:
wrapping spare lenses
wrapping my digital SLR when i don't want to carry my big case and
wrapping my little digital point and shoot, i toss in my purse and i don't have to worry about it.

it is smaller than most cases and more protective.
comes in lots of sizes and colors, i have 3.
i don't have any complaints about them.

they are a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars More padding, March 4, 2012
This review is from: Domke F-34M 15-Inch Protective Wrap -Gray (Camera)
This wrap has more padding than older (much older) ones I have. As a result, it is stiffer and bulkier, but of course also more protective than the older ones. This 15 in. will wrap around a wide-angle zoom with the big lens hood reverse-mounted. As with all Domke products, quality of construction is first-rate, and made in America.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea for portable protection, January 28, 2011
Hike & Bike (Seaford, VA United States) - See all my reviews
Nice product. Well made and serves it's purpose well, flexible and will shape easily to whatever you wrap it around. Purchased the 11" to wrap my E-PL1 with a Panasonic 14-45 lens attached, unfortunately it's too small and had to upsize to the 15".

Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but very handy, July 9, 2010
Quyen (Norman, Oklahoma United States) - See all my reviews
The wrap itself is great! I found the 11" just sized to wrap a 4in lens. The 15" works for my Canon 450D with a short prime lens (50mm), but I can't quite get it around the camera and a short telephoto. I ended up piecing the two together and can use it with my 450D. I wish I had gotten the 19" for the camera. The padding is nice for using in a non-camera bag.

2.0 out of 5 stars Less is not more, June 26, 2012