Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now May4th

on December 1, 2013
The chocolate should be shipped with cool box or at least some heat isolation will be expected. The chocolate blocks had completely melted down and coagulated into a big solid block.
review image
on January 11, 2011
I was very disappointed to learn that the "centuries-old Belgian tradition" in this case included the use of palm kernel oil and other non-dairy fatteners instead of actual heavy cream. I don't have the ingredient list in front of me, but it was NOT, for example, what you'd even find in a box of Lindt truffles. It's highly processed junk chocolate, and a huge disappointment. I gave one of the boxes away. That being said, the flavor was decent, so I gave them two stars, but haven't been able to eat more than two of them at a time because of the greasy film in my mouth afterwards. Even with a good flavor, though, selling these as "real" Belgian truffles is marketing bunk, and Donckels should be ashamed of themselves. Better to charge a little more and use quality ingredients.
33 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2010
The reviews for these Chocolate Truffles seemed great so I ordered two boxes of them and had one sent to California and one to New Jersey.

When each party opened them the truffles had melted into a solid mass inside the bag and had white stuff on them that looks like mold. Yuck and high ho... returned they go!

As that both boxes were sent separately and had the same problem, it is doubtful that it was a problem in transit and more likely occurred in the distributor's warehouseChocolate Belgian Truffles Donckels - 1 Pound Box.

I could not honestly recommend this product or the company who sells them to anyone else.
55 comments|23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2014
Very clearly melted while in storage, as it must have sat for a while in liquid form - at least long enough to separate. There was a nice layer of coconut oil on top of the solid block of chocolate I received. I ordered and received this in mid-November, so it didn't melt in transit. The chocolate itself is very tasty, and Amazon was great about working with me on this issue, but there is very clearly a storage problem.
review image
on January 20, 2010
Instead of delicious chocolate truffles we received a Donckels box containing a solid block of what looks white soap or wax(doesn't even smell like chocolate and I'm not going to taste it), which I see was the same experience as the other customer reviewing this product today. I have no idea what the substance is, maybe that's what the truffles look like after they've melted in shipping or something but it is certainly not something I am going to eat. What a disappointment, my wife and I had these truffles at Christmas time and they really were the best chocolate either of us has tasted. I've never had a bad experience shopping through Amazon before but this one has left a bad taste in my mouth, exactly the opposite of what I was expecting. BTW the seller was listed on the packing receipt as Potential Dynamix LLC.
33 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2010
Someone gave me these chocolates for the holidays and they are terrifice.
I thought that ordering from Amazon would be great but...
It's the dead of winter here and the contents was one hard white block or ..something. The expiration date was two weeks from the date they arrived.
I returned them but I think that I will have to find them in local stores.

They are..the best chocolates I've ever had when they are fresh.
on June 3, 2013
I first had those chocolate during the Christmas season, they're very very tasteful.. Since its a seasonal product, I was very excited to see the products on amazon. I usually buy them at sams club. It's about $10 for 2 boxes of 1 lb. checked out the price here, the answer will be very obvious
on April 26, 2014
This is the 2nd year I ordered these. Last year many were broken, but they were tasty so I thought I'd try again. This year I received a solid brick. Amazon refunded, but I won't waste my time again. This was in FEB when the weather was cold.
on September 8, 2015
The Chocolate was delicious but instead of coming in nice bite-sized truffles, it came as a large brick of chocolate. Either at the store-house or in transition, the chocolate completely melted and hardened into a brick the shape and size of the package. While the chocolate was really good, I could not give this brick as a gift so I was extremely disappointed. It is unlikely that I will buy this product again. However, if you are looking for delicious chocolate and do not care if you have to get your hands dirty to eat it, this is not a bad option.
on September 28, 2015
These are the best chocolates you'd every eat, that's if you like milk chocolate. I bought these and was very surprised they were wrapped in a foil pouch and they also had ice in them to keep them from melting. If you love the taste of rich milk chocolate then these are for you. The are hard to find and I know quite a few people who loves them too.

See 1 answered question