‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Put a Smile in Your Heart, July 29, 2011
This is a darling tale of a small donkey who leaves his friends and home to better his life, and discovers that there really is a better life - when he makes a new friend who leads him to the best life of all...within the love of the King. I love the warm illustrations and the secret word "good" hidden in all of them. This is a book about happiness and redemption, and will leave readers with a smile in their hearts. Sherrill S. Cannon, Award-Winning Author

5.0 out of 5 stars A very sweet children's book., September 28, 2008
This is a sweet story of Jesus' love and forgiveness. The little animal characters show each other kindness and love. The story tells of the changes in your life when you ask for forgiveness and believe in Jesus the King. My daughter liked finding the "good" hidden on each page. This is a positive life lesson. This book opened alot of conversation between my children and myself. My family loved the very colorful and creative illustrations, they brought true emotions into the characters of this sweet story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book and a must read!, May 3, 2012
What a sweet little book! I read this with my son last night and it was so wonderful. As a homeschooling parent, I am always looking for wholesome reading material that is not only fun, but holds a deep meaning of faith. This may be written for children, but I fell in love with it! I highly recommend to all parents who are looking for a beautiful read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Illustrated!, May 2, 2012
A beautifully illustrated little book that tells the story of redemption in a gentle manner that all children (and adults reading to their child) will understand.

Children will love the different animals as they lead the little runaway donkey, Baruch to see that he is much loved by the King, even if he feels he is not worthy of love.

There are a couple biblical storylines alluded to in the book, "The Prodigal Son" being one of them. If I were reading to a child, I would use the book as a jumping off point to also share other Bible stories that fit the message of the book.

I loved the redemptive message of the book, but the illustrations will captivate a child's imagination. It will be a story they will want to read over and over again.

I see this book as one I would definitely read to my grandchildren!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Story, Wonderful Illustrations!, May 2, 2012
I love everything about this book and I see it as a future classic! The story of Jesus' love and redemption is portrayed with such beauty and tenderness that I really think it's a book not just for children but for people of all ages. The illustrations are wonderful and bring not just the animal characters to life but they also bring the message of the book itself to life. Beautiful book and Highly Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Do You Hear the Voice of the King?, May 2, 2012
Most of my Christian friends share a single common problem: they all fret with their ability to discern God's will for them. In simple words, they worry that they will not hear the voice of the King calling to them.
In brilliantly colored drawings and simple words, the book The Donkey and The King helps children aged four through seven learn to listen for the voice of the King. The central character, a donkey named Baruch, grows weary of a feeling worthless. He sets out to seek a better life. Other characters with names reminiscent of the characters in Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress attempt without success to keep the determined donkey from his quest.
At Baruch's darkest hour, discouraged, cold and afraid, a messenger from the King finds him. When the messenger tells Baruch that the King wants the little donkey to join him in the beautiful garden, Baruch is doubtful. The donkey then learns that in order to enter the garden he must pass an angel with a flaming sword, an angel who only allows entrance to those who hear the voice of the King.
Baruch feels deeply discouraged. "I'm not a very good donkey," he says. "I don't think I could hear the King's voice." The adventurer who so daringly opened the gate to his pen and ran away immediately recognizes that he is unworthy to be noticed by the King and actually fears that the King is angry with him for being so disobedient. Believers of all ages will recognize this problem. Everyone needs the encouragement the King's messenger gave to Baruch to believe that the King loves him and will call him into the garden.
Bright, colorful pictures will keep any child's attention. They tell the story beautifully without words. At the end of the story is an image reminiscent of the famous "Good Shepherd" painting. Baruch learns that even though he thought he could find happiness by himself, he really needed to be found by the King. Parents who want to teach their children to know and love the King of Kings will love reading this story aloud as much as their children enjoy hearing it.

I received this book at no charge for the purpose of reading and reviewing it. I was not obligated to give a positive review. This review is my honest appraisal of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Donkey and The King (A story of Redemption), November 11, 2010
The Donkey and The King (A story of Redemption) is an inspirational book written by Lorilyn Roberts. It tells the story about a Donkey named Baruch who was tired of carrying around heavy burden and long for an easier life beyond the stable. So he decided to leave his friends at the stable. And also, how the King sent a Sheep named Little to find Baruch when he got lost and led him to the King's garden to meet the King.

At the end of this lovely book illustrated by Linda S. DiFranco, has a hidden word that shows everything works together for good for those who love the Lord.

The King said to Baruch, "You were lost, but now you are found." Matthew 11:28-30. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I highly recommend this book for kid age 4 - 8 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mytwogirls, June 15, 2012
This review is from: The Donkey and the King (Donkey Series for Children Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I read this book with my girls and they loved it! It was easy enough for my eight year old to read and it held the attention of my four year old!;). It was great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Story Teaching an Important Biblical Truth, May 2, 2012
Baruch is a donkey with a mind of his own. He runs away from home, seeking a comfortable life. Of course he is soon in trouble, lost and lonely and in danger from the wild animals. What he doesn't realize is that the King has been looking for him, and has sent a messenger, to lead him to the King's garden, and a meeting with the King Himself. Baruch, once lost, has now been found.

This simple and delightful story is intended to teach an important Biblical truth to young children. It contains a series of beautiful illustrations, each with the word "good" hidden somewhere (and not always easy to find). Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Donkey and the King, May 2, 2012
This is a very simple Christian children's book that gently explains salvation on a child's level. The illustrations are beautifully done and draw you to identify with donkey, who makes poor choices! Even a child knows that they have behaved as donkey did--insisting on their own way with unhappy results, and they can as a result be hesitant to come to Jesus. And, as older children they can be afraid of not hearing His voice...a perennial problem for adults!

The book captures beautifully the idea that fear can be transformed to love with some loving intervention. This book can help a child believe that Jesus will welcome them just like the King welcomed a repentant donkey.

I would recommend this captivating little picture book as an addition to your child's bookshelf or Grandma's bookshelf! Well written and well illustrated.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›