5.0 out of 5 stars It plays great. Brings back allot of memories!
I had only ever played this game on the bigger arcade versions before now. This game plays exactly like the arcade version. It was so much fun. It brings back allot of memories for me. It one of them games that are timeless. No matter how much you play it, it never gets old or boring. Im so happy i bought this game.
Published on September 10, 2008 by Game Queen

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but incomplete
Published on January 24, 2012 by BuyCurious

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It plays great. Brings back allot of memories!, September 10, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 arcade games in one NES cartridge, November 20, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Donkey Kong Classics (Video Game)
I think you'll find a fair deal here. Donkey Kong Classics contains Donkey Kong and its sequel, Donkey Kong Jr.

Donkey Kong is that classic game you'd most likely play as much as Pac-Man in your local video arcade. You play as Mario as he climbs and jumps over barrels to save Pauline from the big ape.

Donkey Kong Jr has the ape trapped in a cage by Mario (Surprised? I bet you are). As his son, you must climb ropes, and kill Klap Traps to save your father.

The package rounds up pretty nicely on the NES.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but incomplete, January 24, 2012
This review is from: Donkey Kong Classics (Video Game)
this was among my favorites back in the day at the arcade, and these conversions are fairly accurate. A major flaw in this version of Donkey Kong, however, is that the pie level is not included at all! You get the first pink/barrel level, the blue flame/girder level, and the jumping spring level. As far as I can tell, no matter how well you do or how far you progress, the pie level is never reached. Bummer, really, as getting to the pie level was an extra incentive that kept you going.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's an oldie but a goody, October 16, 2009
This review is from: Donkey Kong Classics (Video Game)
What can you say, it's the original Donkey Kong. Still fun after all these years. Plus this has Donkey KOng JR. as well. Both are fairly easy to beat by today's standards. Actually Very easy. I bought it for the nostalgia of it. It's a classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars My very fist game i ever played...., October 6, 2009
This review is from: Donkey Kong Classics (Video Game)
This two game combo was just two of the games my mind remembers fondly. I used to get so mad at the Donkey kong as I played MArio, who is trying to avoid fire, barrels and other stuff while saving his princess peach lady fair. I always stuck with Donkey Kong Junior, playing it over and over. Now, I'm all grown up, and glad I bought it. My own neice laughed as I died miserably as I attemped to avoic and jump over those dang, tricky barrels. But soon, I conquered it... It was very short.

Don't get me wrong, it was fun! I love the game, and don't regrett buying it for a second. I know my dad will be happy too once he opens it on Christmas morning. But, it was just short. I don't remember it being that short. That's why it only got a three star rating. If the game was longer, I would have rated it five. I do highly recomend this game to anyone looking for a short but fun game to play over and over. It's not hard and comlicated as some of the other NES games, but still enjoyable. Just like the title suggests, it's a classic that you would want to have to play on a boring day.

3.0 out of 5 stars Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr in one, November 4, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Donkey Kong Classics (Video Game)
Two great games, even if they're two very short games. I'm talking about 3 levels (not 4) of Donkey Kong can be beat in under 10 minutes. Same with Donkey Kong Jr.

Both of these games are classic, with Donkey Kong, you play as Jumpman (Mario). The first level you jump barrels as Donkey Kong rolls them down at you. Very simple to play. The second level you must jump from platform to platform avoiding things like flames. The third level you need to take down the beast by running across layers back and forth.

Donkey Kong Jr. puts a different spin on things. Mario has captured Donkey Kong, and as Jr, you must go from vine to vine to rescue him. The vine climbing technique is a total change from the original Donkey Kong gameplay. Its a very nice sequil.

Both games are great, G-rated fun for any age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 29, 2014
jeramiah (port st. lucie, fl, US) - See all my reviews
oldies but goodies

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if it's the game or the console...., January 11, 2014
This review is from: Donkey Kong Classics (Video Game)
I got an original, refurbished NES system and many of the games don't work. I'm not sure if its the games or the console or a combination of both. When I can get the games to load, they are great. When I can't, it frustrating as heck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Donkey Kong Classic, December 31, 2013
This review is from: Donkey Kong Classics (Video Game)
This is my all time favorite game I love it. I appreciate this game and the shape it was kept in . Brand spanking new with all the papers and wrappings. Awesome

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic, December 23, 2013
This review is from: Donkey Kong Classics (Video Game)
I guess it was dusty... But Once it was cleaned it worked well. I love this old school classic game

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Donkey Kong Classics
Donkey Kong Classics by Nintendo (Nintendo NES)
Used & New from: $19.35