Customer Discussions > Donny and Marie forum

Donny & Marie 2011

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 30, 2011 3:25:42 PM PDT
This "new" CD is a bit of a puzzle. I bought the 2009 album "Donny & Marie" from Amazon.co.uk (only 10 left). That has 18 tracks and the track list is identical through track 14. The UK album doesn't include "Candles in the Rain" or "Tell Me to Breathe", but adds "Puppy Love", "Paper Roses", "Crazy Horses" and "It Takes Two". It is a great album so this new release is bound to be also! I feel my collection will be incomplete if I don't buy it, but I would only be getting 1 new track as I already have "Tell Me to Breathe" on Marie's "I Can Do This" CD. Hate it when the record companies do this kind of rerelease with minor changes.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2011 6:36:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 4, 2011 6:37:45 AM PDT
I agree Lance I did the same exact thing but I think I would be worth it to have it anyway. They are truly amazing ! Oh and I think on "Tell Me To Breathe" Donny is singing with her (unlike the on the "I Can Do This" CD) I head a sample and it seems like I heard "D" singing at one point but then the sample ended. In any event ENJOY! Just love these two !

Posted on May 5, 2011 12:05:47 AM PDT
Thanks Patrick. The exchange rate is quite good at the moment so guess I'll add it to my next order. I see it has appeared in our iTunes store and think you're correct about "Breathe". Works out about the same for the CD so may as well have it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2011 9:53:33 AM PDT
No, it is Marie's son Stephen singing w/her on Tell Me To Breathe.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2011 8:12:19 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2011 8:15:14 PM PDT
spiritsoul says:
The artists also have some say in these releases. The US release of this CD was to be released after the UK release (the UK, where the Osmonds are more popular, being a trial run in some ways, to see how it would do after they had not recorded together in 30 years). Then the US release was postponed due to the death of Marie's son.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2011 12:31:53 AM PDT
Thanks for the info. I didn't realise they were more popular in the UK, but it would explain why Amazon UK had more of their old albums than the US store.

Posted on May 19, 2011 11:01:32 PM PDT
G. KLEVEN says:
Does the CD have the Lyrics inside of the cover? I am partially Deaf, Thank You
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Donny and Marie forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Apr 30, 2011
Latest post:  May 19, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Donny and Marie
Donny and Marie by Donny & Marie Osmond (Audio CD - 2011)
4.5 out of 5 stars (64)