5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!
Published on January 3, 2011 by Dr. Bojan Tunguz

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing.
I was excited to get this, and start sending the cards out. First of all, they are entirely WAY too difficult to pull out without ripping the card itself, and second of all, the majority of them aren't funny. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely a handful of great ones, but most are not particularly clever.

I would not recommend this book unless you can get...
Published on November 10, 2012 by Beth

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, January 3, 2011
This review is from: If You Don't Love Books, You're Going to Love This Book (someecards): 45 Cards for All Occasions, from Extremely Important to Utterly Pointless (Paperback)
When I came across this tear-out postcard book I thought it was just yet another collection of silly nonsense, the kind that is supposed to amuse you but it really doesn't. I was very pleasantly surprised to find out that the cards in this collection are in fact extremely funny and irreverent. They do make a great collection of cards for any occasion - birthdays, wedding anniversary, thank you cards, congratulation cards, etc. The memorable lines include "You just wasted up to $200,000" for a college graduation card, "Let's over-celebrate your birthday," "Dad, you've been like a father to me," and many others, several of which could not be mentioned in a reputable online review. The illustrations are an eclectic collection of Victorian melodramatic and 50s feel-good scenes and they add a tongue-in-cheek quality to all of the jokes. Some of the jokes could be really cruel, so if you decide to mail them out make sure that the person receiving them has a good sense of humor. Either that, or you really don't care about hurting their feelings. After all, writing abrasive missives to your enemies is a lost art form, and this collection of postcards could very well be the right step in the direction of reviving it.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing., November 10, 2012

I would not recommend this book unless you can get it extremely cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee table book, too!, December 2, 2010
Wanda (Colorado, USA) - See all my reviews
I have one for my coffee table, and one for mailing. Sometimes I'll just send a card to a loved one with my own special sentimental message written on the back. You'll always find the perfect card for each and every one of the people nearest and dearest to you. It's almost like they were written just for them, but they weren't. Humor is crass. Don't buy this book if you don't like dark, crass, sarcastic, cynical, hilarious fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud funny!, November 23, 2009
Jamilyn (Weatherford, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
I absolultely LOVED this book! About half of the cards made me actually laugh out loud. I took the book to work and put it on my desk and people come by just to read it and get a laugh. Some say, I just have to have this card for.... Since I liked this book so much I thought I would buy the Christmas one. I was very disappointed. I only chuckled at a couple of them. If another general book of someecards is published I will buy it but not any more of the specialty ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, September 25, 2013
The Beve (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
So many funny cards...though not all of them are gems. But to be sure, a good value for your dollar!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great postcards, April 8, 2013
This is a great set of postcards to send friends or just keep as a coffee table book. There is something a little off for everyone inside!

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, February 21, 2013
This product was in great condition and exactly as described. it came on time and I gave it as a gift and the receiver loved it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Weird cards, August 5, 2012
These cards are somewhat entertaining, but certainly not suitable for use in the US Mail. They are mostly outwardly crude and over the line. Good to share among private friends and people who know you well I guess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 15, 2014
These things are great for friends!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the snark, December 6, 2013
I like these so much, but I wish there were more general ones (not just limited to specific occasions). I guess I picked the pack that has specific occasions (so now I have to wait for an anniversary or a wedding to use certain ones)>

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

$9.95 $8.73
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.