Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on November 18, 2004
Don't Eat the Teacher! By: Nick Ward

Sammy is an energetic little shark and he is ready to go to school! But when he gets too excited he tends to bite things (as all little sharks do). CRUNCH! First it was his breakfast table. He really didn't mean to nibble on his friends, and he REALLY didn't mean to ruin story time and painting... All day Sammy keeps eating things he doesn't quite intend to... can he get through the rest of the day without biting off more than he can chew?

Don't Eat the Teacher! is a fun way of remembering the first day of school. I think that kids of younger ages will love this book and be just as excited as our main character, Sammy. I would definitely recommend this book to any parent because it will probably change your children's attitude toward school. Instead of being afraid of school, they will be more confident.

I would give it five stars, because it had fantastic detail and excellent word choice. Nick Ward is a great illustrator; his pictures really make the ocean floor's characters come to life; this makes it enjoyable for any age!

You will not be disappointed as soon as you pick up this book.

By:Morgan
on April 8, 2014
I couldn't help but pass this book up because I love sharks. The story is cute with great illustrations. And this book would be a great one to share with children to help them learn about the importance of learning to choose and control one's actions.
on October 18, 2014
I was sooooo disappointed when the book arrived without the corner bite out of the cover. I had checked this book out at the library and my grandson was fascinated by the bite out of the cover.

I gave it three stars because the bite was missing.
on February 15, 2014
I love the book and I know this is not your fault but the book was soaking wet in the package. So I had to let it dry out and some of the pages are stuck. It of course looks like a book that has been wet.
on August 21, 2011
Don't Eat the Teacher is certainly a catchy title which when combined with a cover with a bite taken out of the corner is certainly going to make readers pick it up. Problem is it isn't as good as your expectations. Its main problem is Nick Ward, the author and illustrator, seemed to not be able to decide if his main character Sammy, should be a shark or a human. Picture books involving animals usually go one of two ways. The characters act like humans but instead of drawing people the illustrator picks an animal. Or they follow the real life animal's actual behaviours. Nick Ward tried to both and it doesn't really work. On the one hand Sammy is a shark, (albeit with some sort of disability where when he gets excited he chomps things with his mouth). But in most tasks he's living in a human world. Even his house is a human one complete with stairs, which of course would be useless to an animal without feet. Clearly the house is underwater yet they use a cardboard cereal box, have a calendar and other items that just wouldn't last in water. Their neighbourhood has roads, they even drive a car (a cool looking car I must admit) which are completely unnecessary when you can float up and down in water and as a shark would travel faster than the car would anyway. Not to mention in the school besides the obvious of his classmates being his food, you've got books and paper to paint on which again wouldn't be possible underwater.

The book could simply have been so much better, if the school, house, neighbourhood etc, had resembled the natural world, with underwater applicable versions of human school children activities.
on March 21, 2006
I liked this book because it takes place in the ocean and it's a cartoon. My favorite part is when the shark eats the teacher . It was fun to read. If you read this book you'll love it.
on September 28, 2005
I read this book to students at the beginning of the school year for a number of years. Kids are inundated during the first few days of school with "do this"/"don't do that" new rules and procedures. They absolutely LOVED laughing at the frivolity of the rule "Don't eat the teacher"--at last, a rule they could probably abide by. Plus they were quite taken with the book's apparent bite out of the corner of the cover. Unfortunately they liked it enough that I've had 3 copies that somehow never quite got returned to the media center. I'm hunting for a new copy & now that it's not as easy to get, I might have to keep this one in my secret stash of "librarian" books--it's just too good a read aloud to keep losing.
on June 1, 2010
I am used to the soft cover version, so when I opened the box to see what was inside, I was amazed! The book was a rectangle, but the top corner was cut in a way to make it look like "Sammy" ate the book! It is a great book for kids to use their imaginations!
on February 4, 2013
We had to read this at the begining of 2nd grade. It's a cute story. My two kids enjoy reading it and like to have me read it to them at bed time. We joke that you shouldn't eat the teacher!
on October 2, 2013
We purchased this book to add to our Children's Library Collection. It is a wonderful children's book. It is a great addition to our children's library collection. Thank you so much