Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

95%
Format: PaperbackChange

on March 2, 2006
Although this is officially a children's book we have used this book in adult Bible studies because of its powerful message. The pictures and the simple way it shares the story make it unforgettable. We had this book many years ago, but it got lost with all the moves. We knew we had to have a copy to share these truths with our new friends here in Russia.
on July 29, 2005
I am 6 1/2 and this is one of my favorite books. Grudges are not nice and bring more ugly monsters like Bitterness when you hold onto them. I like this book because it reminds me to be forgive my friends when they hurt my feelings.
on January 13, 2011
"When a grudge is small, you can pick it up and put it down. But if you keep it, it will only get larger and stronger." This book, which has been used in Bible studies and adult programs around the world because of it's simple yet powerful message, shows the life cycle of a grudge. Grudges start out innocently enough, but they grow and grow until eventually, they consume you. This book depicts a grudge as a baby at first, small enough to be held and coddled. But before long, it's a huge monster, causing bitterness, hurting relationships and separating a person from God. This is the best example of the power of a grudge that I've ever seen, and I think most adults, as well as their kids, would benefit from reading it. My kids enjoyed the silly illustrations throughout the book, and I loved that they were hearing the importance of forgiveness and love - even if they didn't realize it.
on June 12, 2012
A great little book. A picture is better than words when it comes to teach your children what unforgiveness looks like. Just in case your not sure yourself, it is a "Grudge". Want to know what a Grudge looks like, then get the book! Have siblings that won't forgive one another, you need this book. Teach your children what a "Grudge" looks like, then teach them how to get rid of it. Have trouble forgiving others yourself, then you just might have a "Grudge" investation. So I encourage you, get the book, find out what a "Grudge" looks like. But there is "good news", you can get rid of the "Grudges". Just follow the directions at the end of the book!
on May 28, 2014
Don't Hug a Grudge is a great book for elementary age children (and older) that teaches about why we shouldn't let bitterness fester in our hearts! God wants us to be free from all that negativity- not just for the people it may be directed at, but for us too! Unforgiveness weighs us down and keeps us from all the blessings God has for us! This is a great book to read at home with your children or to use in children's ministry- and it is in English and Spanish!
on June 27, 2012
This is a beautifully written book that spoke to my heart as well as my daughters, ages 13 and 9 years.
It teaches with simple words and pictures that everyone can understand.
Sometimes we all need to be reminded that a little grudge can turn into a huge, ugly monster and we must take action
not to allow that to grow within us.
Donna writes with a teachers heart and her faith shines through. I highly recommend this book for all ages!
on August 9, 2008
It is a good presentation of your reaction to someone who has hurt you. You can either forgive the person,
or not. If you can't forgive, you develop worse attitudes which causes up to hatred of the person. Hatred
ruins all relationships for many years and spreads from one family to another. One simple "I forgive you"
brings love and good feelings between people. Many wars could be prevented with this one statement.
on April 18, 2011
This book can enter into the hardest of hearts with its pictures. Its simple message shows what the results are of holding a grudge.
I have used it within a prison and it was able to provoke good discussion. An adult book disguised as a children's book.
on June 15, 2011
This is a wonderful book that shows the effects of holding a grudge. It is definitely a wonderful reminder to children and adults about beauty of forgiveness and love. The children and adults alike received a great message from it. Thank you!
on December 9, 2011
This is a children's book, but it is my favorite, simple, teaching for anybody on the dangers of holding a grudge, bitterness, resentment and unforgiveness in our hearts. Even for us adults, sometimes, the simpler, the better, right?