Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: You Don't Have to Go Home from Work Exhausted!: A Program to Bring Joy, Energy, and Balance to Your Life
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 24, 1998
If you find that you come home and collapse in front of your televison every night because you're "too tired" to do anything else, you should read this book.
This book should be required reading for every worker, manager and supervisor.
It was not too long ago that a 30 hour work week was predicted to become the norm for most US whitecollar workers. The average workweek today is almost 50 hours long. Layoffs, downsizing and the fears these management strategies instill have caused people to put in more and more time to survive, hoping to stay ahead of the next cutback.
This book explains why that reasoning is not only wrong, but achieves just the opposite result. This book suggests that a worker who goes home on time and has fun both on and off the job is more creative, more productive, and more successful.
A radical concept well worth exploring.
on May 5, 2003
This book changed my life when it first came out... I brought my toys to the office and started taking regular juggling breaks. Using some of the strategies in the book, I transformed myself and my team. Now, years later, I've found myself rediscovering the book, and sharing it with my new team -- although I'd incorporated many of the strategies into my work and home life, I'm re-applying some of the forgotten messages and strategies. This book is nothing short of life-changing. I also love the illustrations! The ONLY negative I have about the book is that I think the original larger format was a better package -- that edition had a very fun color road map / chapter listing on the inside covers that added a great deal to the look and feel of the book. (I was happy to find that the content had remained the same.) I recommend this book to team leaders as well as team members. DO THE EXERCISES!
on March 6, 2004
I first came across this book more than 10 years ago, when as a doctor I was asked to give a lecture on stress management. It was life-changing for me, both at work and in my leisure time, as well--because it taught me how to play again, and to allow myself to enjoy sports at the same time I was driven to excell.
I recommend this book all the time to colleagues, patients and students. And I'm now buying a copy for my teenaged daughter, a competitive athlete who is combatting burnout. These skills should be graduation requirements for every high school student.
on July 9, 2000
I was very tired of work, when I found that book. The title made me curious. Actually I wanted to leave my job, but while reading I realised, that it was not only the job, it was me. I would have the same troubles everywhere. I now try to make some changes in my life and will see how it works.
on August 22, 2002
This book made me realize that so many Americans take their work as the only thing they have in life to give of themselves. But they take for granted the most important aspect of life ... themselves and their loved ones. Read this book and you will realize that there is DEFINATELY a lot more to life than work. I enjoyed the book for that realization. I felt though that the suggestions were not as detailed as I would have liked and wished it had gone deeper into applying it to your everyday life. I guess the book is written to take you to the door, and you are the one that has to open it. I am recommending this book to friends. :)
on May 24, 2016
An oldie but a goodie... and good insight and advice never goes out of style. One of the only books I've read about designing your entire life so that you achieve maximum energy. It's not just about exercise, diet, and limiting your commitments. It's about energy engineering and how you approach your work and your life. I first read this in the 90s and then went looking for it recently; it still rings true and has helped me tremendously (so many things I had forgotten)! Would highly recommend this as a great book for anyone feeling just a little overwhelmed from the endless small details, the to-do lists, and the "day-liness" of life. Rediscover your passion and your joy!
on June 20, 2011
Fabulous Book!!! I read it many years ago and just bought it for my son who graduated from college and has a real job now. It's still one of the best books I've ever read on this topic. Enjoy and get ready to change your life!!! If you like this book you also might want to try "Do What You Love and the Money Will Follow."
on January 6, 2009
Someone in the office recommended this book, so we purchased one for everyone in the office and now discuss the chapters at our monthly staff meeting. It provides some thought provoking comments good for group discussion.
on June 16, 2011
I love reading books like this, but not this one. It's fair. It had a few good tips, but I was glad to finish it and start a new one.
on February 23, 2015