Customer Discussions > For Your Entertainment forum

Don't Like the Dancers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 24, 2010 5:07:41 AM PDT
Tbill says:
I am as fanatical a fan as there is, but I feel the dancers distract from his performance. I feel the dancers are also the reason why for the first time he performed virtually identical performances on Ellen and Leno.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2010 5:32:29 AM PDT
T.Weiss, I was prepared to defend the dancers but you bring up an interesting point about "identical" performances...I don't think Adam has the dancers on during slow numbers does he?...I do like the dancers ...bobbie

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2010 6:02:01 AM PDT
Fantastic says:
Hi T. Weiss,
I'm not too crazy about the dancers either. I think it distracts Adam too because he has to think about the choreography instead of just being spontaneous as he usually is. I hope that they just use them for a few numbers during the tour, like for If I Had You, which is a dance song anyway.

Posted on May 24, 2010 8:21:32 AM PDT
The Weez says:
I felt from the first time he used his dancers when he was overseas that I didn't much care for them. The stage was not that big and I kept seeing them waving their arms behind his head. I prefer it when it's just Adam doing his thing - except of course in the music videos where everything gets crazy, explosive. That's a one-time performance so you don't see Adam doing the same performance. Adam spontaneous is what I like best. Having said that, in some of the numbers with his dancers I have enjoyed them, so depends on the song. I believe I have heard that Adam does not plan to use them in all of his numbers, so be probably realizes that some songs are better off not being too stylized - where he can cut loose.

Posted on May 24, 2010 9:53:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 24, 2010 9:54:47 AM PDT
Gini says:
T. Weiss -
I think we all complained about the dancers interfering with Adam. But I do love it when they all dance together but not in front of him. I loved him on Ellen - the bright smile on his face. On Leno, May 21st the dancers stepped back to the side during his performance which allowed him to shine. We can't get enough of Adam and want to only focusing on him, too! I was at Fantasy with others from this blog where it was just him. He always delivers! Gini :D

Posted on May 24, 2010 11:05:14 AM PDT
ForeverCliff says:
The dancers have gotten better, but I still think he should limit them to 2

Posted on May 24, 2010 11:08:27 AM PDT
Forget the dancers....focus on the vocals...they are distracting

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2010 11:20:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 24, 2010 11:23:29 AM PDT
The Weez says:
Jan, the dancers will continue to get better and as long as the stage is big enough so they're not all bunched together, I don't have a problem. I like it when Adam does a slight dance motion and the dancers in back (way back) take that motion and complement it with a more dramatic move - looks cool. As far as Adam limiting anything, that probably won't happen! You know how he is, more is better! haha
(he did say that the dancers were only going to be in some of his numbers so I think we'll get lots of Adam)

Posted on May 24, 2010 8:54:30 PM PDT
S. Clark says:
Short note....i am glad some have mentioned the distraction of the dancers.....either they are 2nd or 3rd rate....badly choreographed or i can't put my finger on it but do you agree that they appear wooden and off beat with the music?????? Adam's voice and music draws you in like velvet meets leather and they should be insync to that feeling but i don't think they get it......j/m/o

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2010 9:00:51 PM PDT
The Weez says:
S. Clark,
Yes, I'm not real happy with them either, but the lead dancer/choreographer is a long-time friend of his and Adam is very loyal to his friends - sometimes I think not wisely but that's Adam. First time I saw them over the other side of the pond I definitely did not like them. They've gotten a little better, but definitely not up to Adam's talent level IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2010 9:08:23 PM PDT
Fantastic says:
louise,
Adam is sooo nice to his friends, and in Monte's case that's great, but not so much the dancers. :-(

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2010 9:21:18 PM PDT
The Weez says:
Pollywood,
Agreed!

Posted on May 24, 2010 10:40:05 PM PDT
D. Norton says:
I dont like dancers either,they need to be more energetic and beter looking. They seem to make Adam look dated. I dont know but they def. make it less classy, Adam is fantatic when he is on his own, the way he was on KISS cocert in Boston.

Posted on May 25, 2010 4:36:21 AM PDT
Georgi Girl says:
I am torn about the dancers. They are better than when I first saw them, but
their outfits don't come up to Adam's standards and sometimes they distract.
Yet, I like it when they do moves that Adam joins--like when they all walk together
and pop their chests. Plus they all have interesting looks. Also, they seemed better
on Ellen because they didn't stay on the stage all the time or cluster so close to him.
My daughter, who is in her 30's, loved them. Didn't feel it distracted at all. We are purists...
all Adam all the time is what we want. :)

Posted on May 25, 2010 7:44:35 AM PDT
carolb57 says:
My two cents. I don't think we want the dancers to be better looking or more energetic than Adam which would really be distracting. The ones he has are diverse and aren't striking so provide a background for him rather than a distraction IMHO.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2010 7:57:32 AM PDT
The Weez says:
Georgi Girl,
Good line....all Adam all the time is what we want!

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2010 8:03:44 AM PDT
The Weez says:
Carolb57, bite your tongue! Nobody could be better looking than Adam or more energetic.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2010 1:28:04 PM PDT
I feel exactly the opposite, Carol. I'd love to see beautiful dancers, the best dancers (like Michael J.'s old dancers) IF Adam is going to have dancers for a few of his songs. I prefer none at all.

Posted on May 25, 2010 2:44:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 25, 2010 2:58:03 PM PDT
carolb57 says:
I don't think they have to be "beautiful" as long as they are great dancers! I think the dancers in his FYE music video were great, don't you?

Posted on May 25, 2010 3:31:09 PM PDT
Fantastic says:
Tweets from Adam in defense of his dancers. Apparently one of them got some unpleasant tweets:

U come after my glamily, I come after YOU!! :) peace
about 4 hours ago via Echofon

All r onstage b/c they bring a special, unique energy to the show, the songs, and help me be my best. If I want them there so should u! :)
about 4 hours ago via Echofon

If anyone has negative thoughts bout my crew-just don't bother coming to the show. Your loss. :) the Glam Nation Tour is all bout LOVE
about 5 hours ago via Echofon

Posted on May 25, 2010 4:14:04 PM PDT
I love that man more with every tweet. I love his message that it's all about love. He is definitely in charge of his career, his direction, his legacy.
I get what he's saying, and I love it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2010 4:16:30 PM PDT
Adam's a genius in sooooo many ways.

Posted on May 25, 2010 4:24:05 PM PDT
Georgi Girl says:
Just rewatched Adam and I really think I am starting to like
the dancers. Like anything else...when something is different
it takes a while for me to accept it.

P.S. Yep, Louise, in my perfect world it's "all Adam, all the time". :) :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2010 5:20:15 PM PDT
Tbill says:
I am the OP and I would like to clarify. I don't have anything negative to say about the dancers per se, just the concept. It makes him like everyone else. You wouldn't see Mick Jagger or Elvis with dancers....

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2010 5:20:56 PM PDT
The Weez says:
So funny, I was out for a few hours and came back to all these posts about Adam's dancers and his tweet supporting his glamily/dancers and anyone who didn't like it could take a flying leap. My first thought was - Oops, has Adam been reading our "Don't Like the Dancers" thread? Immediate feelings of guilt about hurting Adam's feelings. He is so protective about his friends; I really admire him for that. Did someone actually tweet him and/or dancers about their performance? That is really out of line. I might disagree with him about his dancers but it's certainly nobody's business but his how he puts his show together.
I have seen a couple of numbers with his dancers that I thought were OK but my first experience seeing them when he was overseas was on a too-cramped stage and arms were flailing all around and behind his head. Very distracting. So, it takes me awhile to change my mind if my initial impression is unfavorable, which it was. Bigger stage, different choreography, or more practice, I'm sure they'll be fine and, if not, who cares as long as Adam is on the stage performing?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  May 24, 2010
Latest post:  May 25, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
For Your Entertainment
For Your Entertainment by Adam Lambert (Audio CD - 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (868)