Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon February 27, 2008
Don't be fooled by her age, Kate Voegele is no spring chicken when it comes to the music industry. Signed by MySpace Records last year, Voegele began recording her first full length album, the resultant "Don't Look Away," a follow-up to two independently released EP's entitled "The Other Side" (2003) and "Louder Than Words" (2005). Voegele began making her mark opening shows for artists like Josh Kelley, The Wreckers, Stephen Kellogg, and a host of others over the past five years. Armed in most cases with nothing more than an acoustic guitar, Kate Voegele demanded attention on stage with her amazing voice and powerful lyrics. This debut album furthers her maturation process as an artist and shows that this songstress is ready to make a permanent mark in the industry that she loves.

For the ITunes fan, can't miss downloads are:

12. Wish You Were
"Cuz I've seen your act, and I know all the facts.
I'm still in love with who I wish you were.
It ain't hard to see, who you are underneath,
I'm still in love with who I wish you were."

11. I Won't Disagree (a song that Voegele received first prize in the 2005 USA Songwriting Competition for)
"Cause lately you make me weaker in the knees
And race through my veins baby every time you're close to me
Take me away to places I ain't seen
They say you've got a hold on me'
And I Won't Disagree"

Kate has also landed a recurring role on the WB's "One Tree Hill." Her character Mia has performed several of the songs on the show that you can find right here on this album. If you're a fan of the songs you've heard on the show, this album is a must have that you'll definitely enjoy from start to finish.

This is a strong debut effort from an extremely talented young lady. Kate Voegele will be a name to look out for in the music business for many years to come. Congrats Kate, You truly are on "Top of the World."
VINE VOICEon April 6, 2008
Here's another artist to watch...

Changing it up from all the female singers able to play piano, Kate brings back the guitar! Since Kate can play the guitar, most of the songs on her debut, Don't Look Away, are pretty rocking for the most part.

Aside from the guitar playing, what separates Kate from every other female singer-songwriter hitting it big this year? Her voice. Strong? Definitely. Different? Oh yeah. Kate's voice is full, demanding, and she's not afraid to use it to her advantage. Too often singers sound good just backed by a piano but put them in front of a full band and they fall flat. Kate doesn't have that problem. I wouldn't find it hard to believe if someone didn't love her voice as much as I though.

As for the songs themselves, you'll be hardpressed to find a track you don't like. Each has its own distinctive sound and feel. Lyrically, she covers topics every young person covers...relationships. Nothing new, I know, but she tackles the topics tastefully and with grace. I Get It, Only Fooling Myself, and No Good are the songs that prove this the best and fastest, though by no means are they the only good tracks inlcuded.

I do have to note who her record label is...MySpace Records. I know for a fact they deal primarily with 'emo' acts so to see them branching out and signing an artist as talented as Kate Voegele is a nice thing to see. Now if they'd just stop wasting money siging 'emo' bands...

My favorite songs are I Get It, Only Fooling Myself, One Way Or Another, No Good, and Devil In Me. Kate Voegele is easily listenable, to the point where you can reach for Don't Look Away at any time and be completely satisfied, which is always a good thing. Plus, she's got a sound all her own, so if you're looking for something new..BOOM! Kate Voegele might be just up your alley.
on March 5, 2008
Kate Voegele is currently on the CW's "One Tree Hill." After watching a few episodes with her songs featured in them, I finally decided to buy her CD.

Her music is heart-felt, memorable, and upbeat! Assuming you have not heard her music, the best way to compare is thinking of Shakira and Michelle Branch combining their vocals! Kate's voice is fresh and naturally, her lyrics are thoughtful.

Kate has the potential to continue creating music and gathering an audience. She is quite natural as a performer on "One Tree Hill," and her music further justifies this matter. The hardest thing about listening to her music for the first time is NOT pressing the "restart" button after each song.
on March 28, 2008
That soft innocent voice is a must to hear. Kate has a gift and the writting of her songs is a pure treasure and delight. A song favorite is Wish You Were. You can see Kate on the show One Tree Hill. Love you Kate. Mrs. H
on February 26, 2008
I first heard and saw Kate on One Tree Hill. At first I was not overly impressed but thought she was alright. As she became a staple on the next few episodes I grew to like her more and more. Once I heard her sing "No Good" I was hooked. I checked out her MySpace page and learned that she is only 20 years old and has been writing her own music, singing, and playing guitar and piano since she was 15. I also saw that the next day she was performing at the Knitting Factory in NYC so I decided to go. She puts on an AWESOME show and has great stage presence. She looks even prettier in person and sounds exactly like she does on her CD. She is not one of those girls who's voice is enhanced in the studio by any means. Do yourself a favor and buy this CD.
on January 30, 2008
I just got this CD in the mail today and have already listened to it twice through. I heard her song "Chicago" on the radio in the car last week and loved it. I looked her up as soon as I got home and was hooked! What a talented artist who writes with such passion, and so young too! It will be fun to watch her climb to the top of the charts, which she inevitably will do as the music and television industries embrace this gem.
on February 29, 2008
Kate Voegele is young (only 21) but her songs are amazingly written and she has a powerful voice. "No Good", "Only Fooling Myself" and "Kindly Unspoken" are my favorite songs on the CD, but there isn't a single one that I don't like or that I skip by when listening. I'm sure Kate is going to become extremely popular in the next year!

By the way, I saw one of her shows recently and not only is her performance fantastic but she talked to every one of her fans after the show and signed autographs. We talked to her for almost 15 minutes because she was so friendly and outgoing!
on February 28, 2008
She had a great voice! I saw her on last weeks episode of One Tree Hill (2.29.8) and thought she was great but didn't know her name. Then this week (2.26.08) I found her name and fell in love with the song wish you were. I just bought the album here on Amazon and am waiting for it to go come in the mail. I have listened to some other songs like No Good, I Won't Disagree, and Kindly Unsponken. I would buy this you will love this album!
on January 2, 2014
Kate does an excellent job with her lovely voice. I enjoy listening to this CD while I read and relax in the evenings. Thanks for shipping so quickly. The packaging assured an undamaged CD was received.
on May 27, 2008
deserves an accurate hearing , she has a pretty voice and selects interesting melodic lines and writes herself most of the lyrics too , she sings well in my opinion and the disc has a low market price which makes it worthy even if you prefer harder forms of rock