Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 27, 2003
When you think comedy, you don't automatically think Bobcat Goldthwait (unless you've forgotten that it isn't 1986 anymore). In fact, Bobcat himself brings up that point on this album. And that's what makes this album work. Bobcat doesn't pretend that he's at the peak of his career right now. He doesn't ignore those little embarrassing moments, like setting the Tonight Show on fire. Rather, he uses all that to fuel his comedy, and the result is one hysterical album.
Bobcat hits all the low points in his career (being fired from Hollywood Squares, Shakes The Clown, the Tonight Show incident), and he has fun with it. The key to this album's success is that Bobcat doesn't wallow in self-pity, instead he gets us to laugh with him. I put this CD on during a long road trip, and it was so funny, I actually listened to the entire thing twice. If you're a little hesitant to buy an album by a comedian who's considered a has-been, you should definitely take the risk. This album is so good, it makes me wonder why Bobcat hasn't been more successful in recent years.
I am a casual Bobcat Goldthwait fan. Well, at least until now, that is. I think this is one of the funniest live comedy CDs I have ever heard. Bobcat has been mostly sight unseen for about fifteen or so years now, but this CD more than makes up for time lost.
In this CD Bobcat doesn't attempt to play on his 'celebrity' at all, and gets huge laughs at his own expense: he even named the CD for an incident that happened to him in an airport when a woman came up to him and said "I don't mean to insult you, but you look like Bobcat Goldthwait." He covers several embarrassing incidents from his past in lurid detail to the audience's delight, such as when he went on trial for setting "The Tonight Show" on fire, and his disastrous movie "Shakes the Clown." He also covers a lot of other very funny terrain, in classic bits of standup like "Fabio And The Suicidal Goose", "Star Wars Fans Are Uber Nerds", and "The Hollywood Squares Downsized Me."
This is a truly entertaining album, is witty, and very clever. The only reason that I gave it four stars instead of five was due to some excessive language issues; otherwise it is the near perfect comedic gem that I highly endorse!
on September 23, 2003
Bobcat is back! Fifteen years between albums is quite the dry spell, and it's good to hear him again. Don't expect the screaming, screeching, "thankyouverymuch" gimmick. If that's what you want, seek out a copy of his 1988 release, "Meat Bob". "Insult" is about 95% new material, including details about getting kicked off Hollywood Squares and starting a fire on the Tonight Show set, and the airport encounter that inspired the album's title. He's substantially raunchier this time - don't let the lack of an advisory sticker fool you. "Insult" is a reasonably funny disc, but given that Goldthwait had fifteen years to create and polish new material, it should be a lot funnier. His take on Star Wars fans smacks just a little too much of the classic 'Triumph The Insult Comic Dog' Star Wars sketch. Also, given his political rants on his earlier album (and live video), I'm surprised that his comments on Iraq don't have more bite. Not the spectacular comeback album it could have been, but I can think of worse ways to spend thirteen bucks.
on October 2, 2013
I love Bobcat Goldthwait but this recording is too loud, makes it very difficult to listen to with headphones as the audio goes from barely audible to earpiercing levels. If it wasn't for the volume issue I would give this 5 stars.
on December 28, 2013
Nearly all of the material on this CD is repeated in the "You Don't Look the Same Either" performance, and it is delivered much better there. Compared to that performance, this CD is really poor.
on July 24, 2004
This really is one of the best comedy CD's I've ever listened to. The timing, the tone, the delivery--it is all excellent. Political is interspersed with personal, and all infused with Bobcat's, umm, unique personality.

I listened to the CD, then listened to it a second time right away--and it held up very well. It inspired me to seek out his old recordings--which is not an easy job. I just hope that the next CD comes out sooner than the interval between this one and the last one.

I recommend this to any fan of standup comedy. It really is one of the most entertaining comedy CDs around.
on June 6, 2013
His first album "Meat Bob" is awesome!! I wanted to try this one out. The album format is very similar; a lot of funny content. Really enjoyed this album. Will continue to buy his stuff in hopes he will keep making more. If you want to laugh for a while pick up this album!
on July 11, 2012
I love this album so much that I didn't mind paying a second time so as to replace my lost first cd. This has been making me laugh since it came out. I got my first copy before seeing Bobcat do the same material live. Listened to it repeatedly, and still loved the live show!
VINE VOICEon October 1, 2009
Not many of the comedians who were hot 20 years ago still have any kind of career. Sadly, some of them aren't even with us any longer. (RIP Andy, Sam and Rodney).

Bob Goldthwait was, perhaps, not known as much for his stand-up as for his screechy-voiced bug-eyed screen persona that I first viewed in the second Police Academy movie. (I know....)

His career didn't exactly take off in his star-vehicle "Shakes the Clown", which was like "Bad Santa" if you didn't see it, except really, really, really bad.

This catapulted his career into an extended period providing his distinctive voice to animated characters in some high-profile work ("Pain" in Disney's "Hercules") and some not quite as high-profile ("Jet the Turtle" in "Rusty: A Dog's Tale"), interrupted by a few notable stints such as "Blow" with Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz.

He wrote and directed the currently successful "World's Greatest Dad" with Robin Williams and I'm frankly impressed.

This 2003 recording shows a mature, aware, introspective and frankly funny as heck comedian. He KNOWS that he became famous essentially by exploiting his gimmicky persona, but he is completely willing to bare his soul, come clean, let us see a few "inside" moments, and invites us to laugh both with him and AT him. You can feel that the atmosphere in the room where this CD was recorded was as comfortable as a favorite pair of sneakers.

The Police Academy era Goldthwait was a little chubby with a long mullet. Recent photos show a lean, business-coifed Bobcat. As he takes the stage you can hear the surprised gasp of the audience. "Yeah...." Bob deadpans. "You look a lot different, too..." It gets even better.

Essentially no topic is off-limits as he gives his hilarious takes on everything from setting the Tonight Show on fire to working with Johnny Depp and Paul "Pee-Wee Herman" Reubens. ("Hey, is there ANYONE working on this movie who's not on PAROLE?")

In a comedy recording I can't give any greater praise than "it made me laugh".

This made me laugh.
on January 10, 2013
Hadn't heard from Bobcat in years but caught up with him recently with an HBO special. This recording helped fill in some gaps. I love his energy and never knew he was so good at 'other' voices. Though some of the material is dated , it is still very funny and would recommend this to anyone who loves standup comedy.