Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 11, 2011 6:26:17 PM PDT
For real HHG fans how about a Kindle cover with "Don't Panic" in large, friendly letters on it?

After all, the Kindle is very much the sort of electronic book the story was about!

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 8:01:30 AM PDT
M. Sholl says:
How absolutley correct...Douglas would have loved online books...His was first.

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 7:07:06 PM PDT
Lori Wiar says:
YES- Where the hell is it? To me, it's the OBVIOUS design for the Kindle!!! Come on, someone?? ANyone???

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 7:42:16 PM PST
B. Demunbrun says:
Would love one for my new Kindle Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 7:46:53 PM PST
Lori Wiar says:
I know!! I actually went on eBay and ordered a "Don't Panic" decal from one of the vendors there!

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 8:36:22 PM PST
That's great Lori, but does it say "Don't Panic" in large, friendly letters? :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2011 1:52:20 PM PST
Lori Wiar says:
Yes, yes it does.
:)

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 6:56:42 AM PST
Kemp Muniz says:
I thought I was the only one that thought that, good to know there are other "Hikers" out there.

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 2:18:18 PM PST
Lori Wiar says:
MOSt DEFinitely!

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 4:59:23 PM PDT
YES! why wouldn't something like that exist? I WILL get one, If I have to make it myself! What color should it be? Green letters on gray? Silver on black?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 9:41:47 AM PDT
I was thinking the same thing myself and spent some time looking for one. I haven't found a good cover for purchase, but there are great instructions for making your own. This one even allows you to stand it up to read - better than the manufacturer's cover!
http://www.chicaandjo.com/2009/09/03/make-a-custom-kindle-cover-case/
We should try to get Douglas's estate to make and sell 'Don't Panic" covers - there is a ready market out there.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 11:16:55 AM PDT
Lori Wiar says:
I made mine with a plain (black) leather cover for my kindle, then I found a bright yellow "DON'T PANIC" decal from either here, or another site... AND THEN, Voila'.!!! It's "the Guide"!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Aug 11, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (Paperback - April 30, 2002)
4.7 out of 5 stars (1,328)