5.0 out of 5 stars Please let the Pigeon finish this activity book!
Published 22 months ago by jess&alex

3.0 out of 5 stars Mostly coloring book
Other reviews said this was mostly a coloring book and they were right. We did a pigeon theme for Easter though and it went good with it. My son also like the introduction of the new character....Mad Cow!
Published 15 months ago by jn31675

5.0 out of 5 stars Please let the Pigeon finish this activity book!, October 3, 2012
This review is from: Don't Let the Pigeon Finish This Activity Book! (Paperback)
This activity book is a great addition to the Pigeon book series! When we ordered it, I thought it was just going to be a coloring book. I can tell you that it is SO much more! Not only are there coloring pages, but there are cutouts for a puppet show, reading activities, and games! All of the pages are perforated for easy tear-out, so you can display your works of art. I cannot wait to finish this activity book (neither can my pigeon or my duckling)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent & Unusual, December 13, 2012
LP (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
Buy this book. My kids age 4, 5 & 5 (who are fans of Mo Willems books) LOVED this book. They went crazy and made me "read" it to them several times, and worked their way through the whole book. I had to read the instructions to them, but I didn't mind because the damn pigeon is so cute. It embeds the activities in a plot line that lasts the whole book. Refreshing, fun, and different!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Activity Book Ever, January 27, 2013
I hope Mo Willems makes more of these. My 7-year-old, who is a huge fan of Pigeon books, got this for Christmas. It is huge! It actually reads like a book from cover to cover, or you can skip around and do the projects without reading it (but the story is cute, we read it first). Along with the usual activity book fare, such as dot-to-dots and coloring pages, there are lots of 'big activities' such as making a puppet show - it even comes with a huge poster and 'sandwich board' for advertising your puppet show, as well as the cut-out finger puppets. Then your child can 'review' the puppet show in a make-your-own newspaper, in which your child can also add the weather report and draw his own comic strips. There is a section where your child can write his own book, complete with author bio and a 'book tour,' and a paper airplane that also comes with a pull-out playmat 'airport' complete with food court and everything! There is also a paper bus that you can assemble and a paper 'bus driver license' for your child. We are still working our way through this delightful, original and funny book. I can only hope Mo Willems makes more of these - an Elephant and Piggie edition, perhaps? I recommend this book without hesitation! Go buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, November 11, 2012
The other reviews are spot-on. This is more than the standard activity book. It has various clever activities that all tie together. I personally love activity books and buy them for my 5 year old frequently (in vain really, as he never uses them beyond a single sitting). He worked on this all weekend with me and is still going back through it, coloring it, reading the storyline, etc. Its great in so many ways. Very clever. Mo Willems, please write more of these!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Pigeon can rule the world!, March 28, 2013
My students enjoy doing pages of this book when they have free time in the classroom. They look all the Pigeon stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars very cute!, January 15, 2013
My daughter loves all the pigeon books and she was really excited when she got this. It's great. She always busy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jo, November 24, 2012
Bought the book for my 5 year old grandson.
He loved it and it provided many hours of fun for both of us.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great purchase, January 9, 2013
David G. Medlock (Aumsville, OR United States) - See all my reviews
I got this as a Christmas present for my 3 and 5 year old as they enjoy the Pigeon book series. First off I was surprised at how large the book and that it was made with a bit heavier paper that holds up to heavy coloring rather than being a flimsy coloring book. Then when we opened the book and saw that it reads like a book with a bit of a story line, but with tons of great activities in between, I was very excited and realized it is a great book for the price. The boys have LOVED it. They ask every day if they can do "The Pigeon book" and are excited to see what is going to happen with that Mad Cow. The activities are designed and written with great instructions so that you can easily build some great games and crafts with minimal supplies that every home has - scissors, tape, and crayons. There is something to do on virtually every page and really promote not only fine motor skills but also creativity and rather than just coloring (ex. draw your favorite food in the fridge). The activities work fine (sometimes with help) for my youngest who is 3 and is drawing just basic shapes and is perfect for my 5 year old, but I am sure even up to preteen age would enjoy it as well. I highly recommend this book and am glad to have found a nice Birthday gift idea for my friends' children as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best activity book I have ever seen, October 24, 2012
I bought this book for my little boy for his 5th birthday last week because we've just got into Mo Willems and the Pigeon.

It is simply the best activity book I have ever seen. Lots of things to make and do including puppets, vehicles, maps, posters, games, etc. There is also a narrative story running through the book so it's not just "here's another picture of the pigeon to color in" - the child can read along with it and see how the story progresses!

I would have gladly paid $20 for this, so happy it's less - and I'm tempted to buy another one for him for xmas so once he has made and done all the activities, he has a complete one to read the story through again.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC ACTIVITY BOOK! Note the massive size, July 5, 2014
Scott (Helena, Malta) - See all my reviews
BEST ACTIVITY BOOK EVER. This has already provided hours of entertainment for my 4 year old & we have hardly touched the massive 250 pages. It's not your standard activities, a lot of things to build & create that can be played with over & over. Like finger puppets, an airport & airplane, write your own book, & lots more. My daughter is not one to sit & work on something for a while, but this captivates her attention. I originally got this for entertainment on the plane, which in retrospect I should have realized was not going to work--this is huge & much of it requires scissors, tape, & lots of space. I am very happy none the less, this is a great value compared to other books.

Don't Let the Pigeon Finish This Activity Book!
Don't Let the Pigeon Finish This Activity Book! by Mo Willems (Paperback - October 2, 2012)
$19.99 $12.64