- Includes FREE MP3 version of this album Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Don't Say No” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 26% off the $11.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Don't Say No Original recording remastered, Extra tracks, Original recording reissued
|New from||Used from|
Audio CD, Original recording remastered, Extra tracks, July 27, 2010
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Squier was the personification of 80s rock, with an array of arena rock anthems and power ballads. Don't Say No: 30th Anniversary Edition features 2 bonus tracks, live version of hit songs The Stroke and My Kinda Lover, recorded during a 2009 tour.
Top Customer Reviews
Every track here is a winner. The singles "The Stroke", "My Kinda Lover", and "In The Dark" were all big hard rock hits and still sound great today. Other great tracks including the hard-driving rockers "You Know What I Like" and "Whadda You Want From Me", the mid-tempo rocker "Too Daze Gone", and "I Need You", which is carried by Mark Clarke's excellent bass line. The ballad "Nobody Knows" is also a strong track. "Lonely Is The Night" is probably the best track here, one of the great hard rock riffs of the '80s. Although there are keyboards featured throughout the album, they're only added for color, and don't overwhelm the guitars like on other hard rock albums. His next album Emotions In Motion was pretty good, but the rest of his albums were inconsistent, including 16 Strokes, his greatest-hits album. If you want to hear the best of Billy Squier, this is the album to purchase. Highly recommended.
1. In the Dark (10/10) --Great introduction to a great album
2. The Stroke (9/10) --I wasn't alive back then, but this had to be a 80's hit, right?
3. My Kinda Lover (10/10) --Not only one of his best songs, but one of my favorite songs ever.
4. You Know What I Like (10/10) --Good song after good song.
5. Too Daze Gone (10/10) --One of the best tracks here. At first i just liked it but then i re-listened to it and the lyrics started making more sense to me. I think it's a song many people can relate with.
6. Lonely is the Night (10/10) --At this point I'm wondering...Is this a best of or something???
7. Whadda You Want From Me? (7/10) --Okay, okay. Good song but definitely not the best.
8. Nobody Knows (10/10) --Sad song dedicated to John Lennon.
9. I Need You (10/10) --One of my favorite rhythms ever.
10. Don't Say No (9/10) --Good song. At this point, I think...WHY ONLY TEN SONGS!!! I NEED MORE OF THIS!!
Average song rating: (95/100) (9.5/10)
As with most "remasters," this one does not disappoint. You get the requisite bump in volume but also a much fuller presentation of all the instruments and voices. The 2 live tracks at the end are fine, they're kinda fun but they didn't set my hair on fire. They'd have been cooler if they'd come from one of Billy's shows when he was out trying to conquer the world with these songs.
In the very off chance your kids want to hear what you listened to in the early '80s, Billy's album sure beats the crap out of playing them Loverboy, right? :-)
If you only have a first generation CD like I did, definitely get this. It'll give you an entirely new appreciation for an album full of great songs, no matter when you graduated high school.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Had a worn out cassette and replaced with cd . I enjoy billy and will always.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
I took off the plastic and the jewel case fell apart in my hands and the cd fell onto the floor so I don't know if it was already scratched or it got scratched when I opened it. Read morePublished 4 months ago by TROY B MARSHALL
Great songs,great album all the way thru,from an artist who doesn't receive enough credit as a great songwriter.Published 4 months ago by d troop
Sounds better than ever remastered. The best Billy Squier album.Published 7 months ago by G. Dudonis