5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Squeal Unless It's a Big Deal!
As a third grade teacher, this book is excellent for my students plus a few grades younger. My students have talked about the book several weeks since I've read it to them. I am buying another copy to share.
Published on October 7, 2007 by L. Kline

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun book
Fun easy to understand. Had some nice teaching ideas. Cute and humorous. We may use it at our school for the younger kids.
Published 7 months ago by Cammie Briggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Squeal Unless It's a Big Deal!, October 7, 2007
L. Kline (Goshen, Indiana United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Don't Squeal Unless It's a Big Deal: A Tale of Tattletales (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tattling and Squealing, March 8, 2008
K. Stutzer (Sweet Home, OR) - See all my reviews
A tale of Tattletales is a great tool to use with children in play therapy and who need help learning when it is okay to tell and when it is just squealing. Teachers can use this book to cut down on the day to day squealing in the classroom and parents can use it to stop the sibling-she did it-he did it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Squeal Unless It's A Big Deal, February 17, 2009
I purchased this book to try to get my 1st graders to stop tattling on each other. This is a good book and I love the rules of tattling that teach everyone the proper time to tell on someone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review from Books That Heal Kids, August 5, 2010
I'm a school counselor and work with about four hundred K-5 students and yep.....they sure can tattle! So being the proactive lady I am....I have scoured the EARTH for SOLID books on tattling. I say solid because I am not a fan of books that make kids feel bad for tattling. Not cool. Don't Squeal Unless It's a Big Deal is definitely a favorite. I work really hard on helping students see the difference between small problems ("Laura looked at me!") and big problems ("Laura punched me!"). Hint: make sure to incorporate lessons on how to problem solve with tattling lessons. If they truly don't know how to solve a problem - then of course they'll tattle! I seriously notice a decrease in tattling when the kids feel educated and AWARE of their behavior. And of course I have a blast with this lesson when I use my trusty pig puppets. The kids love coming up and using the puppets to figure out how not to sweat the small stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story about tattling!, December 8, 2009
Hilarious book about pigs and how often they tattle to their teacher. I read this during Guidance lessons to K-3rd grade once a year. I also made a poster for each classroom that say 'don't squeal unless its a big deal' and the times it is important to 'squeal'. The kids think the book is funny, and I enjoy reading it. Win Win!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Book with Important Message, August 26, 2012
Don't Squeal Unless It's a Big Deal, is written by Jeanie Franz Ransom and illustrated by Jackie Urbanovic for pre-schoolers to third graders. A great message for children accompanied with colorful, expressive pictures emphasizing how exhausting tattling can be for all involved. There are 19 students in Mrs. McNeal's class. And 19 tattletales. Teacher McNeal does a wonderful job of asking the tattlers if they've talked with the accused student, have they been hurt, or have they tried to fix the problem first before coming to her? She comes up with a new rule that she prints on the blackboard: " Don't squeal unless it's a big deal." The piglets learn when it is the proper time to tell a teacher. Then one afternoon that rule is tested when something BIG happens. The children are left to their own resources and have to use everything they've learned to take care of the problem. The author is a school counselor and does an outstanding job of showing and not preaching to the students. She has included a guide for teachers and parents at the end. Kids will enjoy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Big Squeal, May 23, 2010
My class has had a big problem with tattling. The title of the book sounded cute. I was worried that the book would be too childish for my 6-10 year olds, but it wasn't. They loved the pictures, and they continue to ask to borrow it to read it. It has definitely helped explain what is a big enough deal to tell the teacher about. I love this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book about tattling ever!!!, March 19, 2011
This book is absolutely wonderful! I can't say enough about it. My son and daughter (4 and 2 respectively) really enjoy reading this book. It's humerous and just great fun. My son reads it on his own, or reads to his sister. It really teaches little ones how to know the difference between telling and tattling. It shows when a problem can be taken care of by a kid vs.when it needs to be taken to a grown up. Cannot say enough about this book. I highly recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't squeal book, November 3, 2008
This is a terrific book for the kids. My daughter took it to Pre-K and the teachers read it to the class. Everyone loved it. It has very good humor to it. I suggest it for those 3-4 year olds that are taddling on everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Pre -K and Kindergarden, March 18, 2014
Emma Burleson (Carthage, Tx United States) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my 5 year old grandson who liked it a lot! It inspired lots of conversation about what should be reported to teachers and parents.

Don't Squeal Unless It's a Big Deal: A Tale of Tattletales
Don't Squeal Unless It's a Big Deal: A Tale of Tattletales by Jeanie Franz Ransom (Paperback - August 15, 2005)
$9.95 $9.16