Published 9 months ago by G. F. Luis Fernando

Published 6 months ago by Gregory Little

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars "One of the most original and edgiest comedies on television", October 20, 2013
This review is from: Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23: The Complete Series (DVD)
As it reads in the back cover, Don't Trust the B in Apt 23 is definitely the most original and edgiest comedies on television. This dvd set includes both seasons with all 26 original episodes (aired and unaired ones). This show is great! funny and raunchy, you will be laughing unstoppably from the "Pilot" to "Original Bitch". ABC made a mistake in canceling this amazing series.

The set has 4 dvd's

Mean Girls (1ATF02) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 10, January 13, 2013
Making Rent (1ATF03) / Original Airdate: Season 1 Episode 5, May 9, 2012
The Wedding (1ATF04) / Original Airdate: Season 1 Episode 4, May 2, 2012

Disc 2:
The Scarlet Neighbor (1ATF05) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 9, January 8, 2013
Whatever it Takes (1ATF06) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 5, December 4, 2012
It's Just Sex (1ATF07) / Original Airdate: Season 1 Episode 6, May 16, 2012
The Leak (1ATF08) / Unaired
Parent Trap (1ATF09) / Original Airdate: Season 1 Episode 3, April 25, 2012
Shitagi Nashi (1ATF10) / Original Airdate: Season 1 Episode 7, May 23, 2012

SEASON 2
Disc 1:
A Reunion (2ATF01) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 1, October 23, 2012
Love& Monsters (2ATF03) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 2, October 30, 2012
It's a Miracle (2ATF02) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 4, November 20, 2012
Sexy People (2ATF04) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 3, November 13, 2012
Bar Lies (1ATF11) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 6, December 11, 2012
A Weekend in the Hamptons (1ATF12) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 7, December 18, 2012
Paris (2ATF05) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 8, January 6, 2013

Using People (2ATF11) / Unaired
Ocupado (2ATF12) / Unaired
Original Bitch (2ATF13) / Unaired

5.0 out of 5 stars FIVE STARS!!!!, October 18, 2013
I was very impressed with this product for several reasons. To be honest, I'm watching this sitcom for the first time, thanks to Amazon making the complete series available on DVD. A 4-DVD (Season 1 and Season 2) Complete Set, the picture quality and sound are superb -- and the set includes 8 episodes that were never broadcast on TV, after the show got prematurely canceled in Season 2. Funny, funny sitcom, though -- much, much funnier than a lot of the sitcoms currently on TV. I'm really enjoying watching these episodes on DVD. Thanks, Amazon, for making this DVD set available for purchase on demand through Create Space. FIVE STARS!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, edgy and hilarious. Excellent acting and a nice DVD set! Great buy!, October 24, 2013
What a shame that this show was 2 seasons and done. I think it is edgy, smart and hilarious and I love the cast. I have no clue why this didn't catch on like The Big Bang Theory did. As for this set, it's awesome. The quality of the video and audio is excellent for a DVD. Also, the case and artwork is top quality too. I have no complaints and considering you get two seasons, totally worth the cost of the set! Great buy for me.....

2.0 out of 5 stars Show is fantastic, but discs are defective across many copies. DO NOT BUY., January 9, 2014
This is a fantastic show that my wife and I both love, canceled much too soon. I would give the set 5 Stars if not for the technical issues. However, there are SERIOUS technical issues with the DVDs. Two episodes on disc 2 and three episodes on disc 4 are just not present, and the same was true on the replacement copy sent to us by Amazon (and apparently this experience was shared by another reviewer, so it isn't an isolated problem). If you love single camera sitcoms with a razor's edge to the comedy, definitely check this show out, but do it via Amazon Instant Video instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star for show 1 star for disc quailty NOT THE COMPLETE SERIES!!!, January 11, 2014
Love this show HATE the fact the company that made the discs (vsource) screwed up two of the discs leaving off a total of 5 episode out of 26. I'm pretty sure Amazon's only option will be return which sucks. I hope they get vsource to replace the defective discs but I'm not going to hold my breath.

5.0 out of 5 stars love , love , love this awesome show, November 20, 2013
I have no complaints regarding this one of a kind gem. I have no idea why this show was cancelled but I have really enjoyed it. I didn't veiw it when it aired on abc but I was actually taking a chance when I ordered it and I can say I have zero regrets the cast the plots and everything about this show is in my opinion is amazing I think its one of the best if not the best 30 min shows I have ever seen. Awesome thanks amazon

3.0 out of 5 stars Two missing episodes (so far!), January 4, 2014
Jay (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I love the show and am so happy to have it on DVD. It would get a straight out Five Stars from me just for that. However, on the second disc of the first season the last two episodes ("Parent Trap" and "Shitagi Nashi") are not there. If you click on the menu for the episodes it just takes you back to the original 20th Century Fox logo and eventually back to the episodes menu. I thought maybe I get a defective copy, so returned it for another copy. But no, same problem. I love having this show, but I paid for The Complete Series, not most of the series. PS, I am only starting disk 4 right now, so not sure if more eps will not work. Disks One and Three are perfect, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent short-lived show., January 16, 2014
A great show, which unfortunately didn't have great ratings when it aired (I was suprised, but glad, when it was renewed for a second season). Even though the second season was better than the first, the ratings were even lower and it finally got cancelled before all the episodes aired. I'm grateful for the DVD set, so that I can finally watch the unaired episodes.
As for the technical problems, my upconverter DVD player could not load up the last two tracks on disc two, although I was able to play them on a standard DVD player. There were no problems with the other discs.
UPDATE: After further viewing, I discovered a major problem with the 4th episode on disc one. Beginning at about the 13 minute mark and lasting about 4 minutes, the video became a jumbled mess and was virtually unwatchable. This is a great show, but I can't make a recommendation to purchase this video until the manufacturer can fix all the technical problems. I tried to play the problem area in 4 different machines (2 DVD players, an upconverter DVD player and a DVD recorder) and all had major problems with that particular segment. It actually played best through my Panasonic DVD recorder, but was still pretty bad.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not in Order., November 7, 2013
The show is amazing, and I'm glad that the set was released, but despite what some may say- the episodes are NOT in the correct order. Atleast not all of them. Maybe there are different sets being released, maybe some are in the right order... but they are not in my copy = (. I guess I'll just have to write down somewhere the intended order, so I'll know how to watch it if I ever want to watch it all the way through properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gone Too Soon, November 21, 2013
Eric K. (Charlotte, NC USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Love this show! Krysten Ritter's crazy antics made me laugh time and time again. James Van Der Beek's self-loving character was hilarious, too (and I've never been a Beek fan). It was quirky and well-written, something not found on typical sitcoms. It's a shame this show ended too early...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›