Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: DVD|Change

on October 20, 2013
As it reads in the back cover, Don't Trust the B in Apt 23 is definitely the most original and edgiest comedies on television. This dvd set includes both seasons with all 26 original episodes (aired and unaired ones). This show is great! funny and raunchy, you will be laughing unstoppably from the "Pilot" to "Original Bitch". ABC made a mistake in canceling this amazing series.

The set has 4 dvd's

Mean Girls (1ATF02) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 10, January 13, 2013
Making Rent (1ATF03) / Original Airdate: Season 1 Episode 5, May 9, 2012
The Wedding (1ATF04) / Original Airdate: Season 1 Episode 4, May 2, 2012

Disc 2:
The Scarlet Neighbor (1ATF05) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 9, January 8, 2013
Whatever it Takes (1ATF06) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 5, December 4, 2012
It's Just Sex (1ATF07) / Original Airdate: Season 1 Episode 6, May 16, 2012
The Leak (1ATF08) / Unaired
Parent Trap (1ATF09) / Original Airdate: Season 1 Episode 3, April 25, 2012
Shitagi Nashi (1ATF10) / Original Airdate: Season 1 Episode 7, May 23, 2012

SEASON 2
Disc 1:
A Reunion (2ATF01) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 1, October 23, 2012
Love& Monsters (2ATF03) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 2, October 30, 2012
It's a Miracle (2ATF02) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 4, November 20, 2012
Sexy People (2ATF04) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 3, November 13, 2012
Bar Lies (1ATF11) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 6, December 11, 2012
A Weekend in the Hamptons (1ATF12) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 7, December 18, 2012
Paris (2ATF05) / Original Airdate: Season 2 Episode 8, January 6, 2013

Using People (2ATF11) / Unaired
Ocupado (2ATF12) / Unaired
Original Bitch (2ATF13) / Unaired
on January 9, 2014
This is a fantastic show that my wife and I both love, canceled much too soon. I would give the set 5 Stars if not for the technical issues. However, there are SERIOUS technical issues with the DVDs. Two episodes on disc 2 and three episodes on disc 4 are just not present, and the same was true on the replacement copy sent to us by Amazon (and apparently this experience was shared by another reviewer, so it isn't an isolated problem). If you love single camera sitcoms with a razor's edge to the comedy, definitely check this show out, but do it via Amazon Instant Video instead.
on October 24, 2013
What a shame that this show was 2 seasons and done. I think it is edgy, smart and hilarious and I love the cast. I have no clue why this didn't catch on like The Big Bang Theory did. As for this set, it's awesome. The quality of the video and audio is excellent for a DVD. Also, the case and artwork is top quality too. I have no complaints and considering you get two seasons, totally worth the cost of the set! Great buy for me.....
on January 11, 2014
Love this show HATE the fact the company that made the discs (vsource) screwed up two of the discs leaving off a total of 5 episode out of 26. I'm pretty sure Amazon's only option will be return which sucks. I hope they get vsource to replace the defective discs but I'm not going to hold my breath.
on October 18, 2013
I was very impressed with this product for several reasons. To be honest, I'm watching this sitcom for the first time, thanks to Amazon making the complete series available on DVD. A 4-DVD (Season 1 and Season 2) Complete Set, the picture quality and sound are superb -- and the set includes 8 episodes that were never broadcast on TV, after the show got prematurely canceled in Season 2. Funny, funny sitcom, though -- much, much funnier than a lot of the sitcoms currently on TV. I'm really enjoying watching these episodes on DVD. Thanks, Amazon, for making this DVD set available for purchase on demand through Create Space. FIVE STARS!!!!
on January 16, 2014
A great show, which unfortunately didn't have great ratings when it aired (I was suprised, but glad, when it was renewed for a second season). Even though the second season was better than the first, the ratings were even lower and it finally got cancelled before all the episodes aired. I'm grateful for the DVD set, so that I can finally watch the unaired episodes.
As for the technical problems, my upconverter DVD player could not load up the last two tracks on disc two, although I was able to play them on a standard DVD player. There were no problems with the other discs.
UPDATE: After further viewing, I discovered a major problem with the 4th episode on disc one. Beginning at about the 13 minute mark and lasting about 4 minutes, the video became a jumbled mess and was virtually unwatchable. This is a great show, but I can't make a recommendation to purchase this video until the manufacturer can fix all the technical problems. I tried to play the problem area in 4 different machines (2 DVD players, an upconverter DVD player and a DVD recorder) and all had major problems with that particular segment. It actually played best through my Panasonic DVD recorder, but was still pretty bad.
VINE VOICEon November 21, 2013
Love this show! Krysten Ritter's crazy antics made me laugh time and time again. James Van Der Beek's self-loving character was hilarious, too (and I've never been a Beek fan). It was quirky and well-written, something not found on typical sitcoms. It's a shame this show ended too early...
on November 20, 2013
I have no complaints regarding this one of a kind gem. I have no idea why this show was cancelled but I have really enjoyed it. I didn't veiw it when it aired on abc but I was actually taking a chance when I ordered it and I can say I have zero regrets the cast the plots and everything about this show is in my opinion is amazing I think its one of the best if not the best 30 min shows I have ever seen. Awesome thanks amazon
on June 20, 2016
The premise of the show is simple, a small town girl moves to New York to get a job on Wall Street at the height of the financial collapse. When she finds she has no job, she is forced to take a job in a coffee shop and find an apartment with a roommate. The roommate turns out to be an immoral, hard-drinking, narcissistic party girl and hilarity ensues. Krysten Ritter plays the titular B in Apartment 23 (Chloe), in what was her first headlining role for a show. Dreama Walker plays her naive Indiana native roommate, June. The two had very good chemistry on the show and played off each other very well. While I do not think Ritter was as good in this role as she is in Jessica Jones (two obviously very different roles) you could see she had acting chops playing a character that was almost always in it for herself, but did display a subtle human side every so often.

The scene stealing moments from the show usually came from James Van Der Beek, playing himself in a very stereotypical vain celebrity way, and his assistant Luther, played by Ray Ford. There are, of course, a lot of Dawson's Creek jokes throughout and a great cameo appearance by Busy Phillips explaining to him why the entire Dawson's Creek cast hates him.

The show was not really around long enough to have a bunch of major story lines. It only lasted two partial seasons, and most of the shows were the typical story of the week kind of things you get from half-hour sitcoms. The big themes that did make it to the show were Chole trying to get June to loosen up, while June in turn tried to get Chloe to tone down her party girl ways. There was a pretty hilarious few episodes revolving around Van Der Beek getting on Dancing With the Stars and a rivalry with Dean Cain, and a story line between June and her "friend zoned" former co-worker Mark.

The shows humor is definitely not for everyone. It was very raunchy with adult comedy, back before that became more of a norm that it is now. It made jokes about drug use, heavy drinking, casual sex, race etc. No topic was really off limits. Depending on your sense of humor it is a show you will likely either love or hate. It was definitely its own thing, and it would have been nice to see it get a more extended run. Had it been on one of the cable networks like comedy central, it probably would have, but it was just not right for ABC.

For those who get the DVDs, they are one of Amazon's made on demand DVD-R products so you just get the episodes and nothing more. Some reviewers had issues with missing episodes. I did not have that issue with my set, but you will probably want to watch them quickly to make sure they are all there or that you do not get duplicate discs (which I have had happen with other DVD-R sets).
on January 4, 2014
I love the show and am so happy to have it on DVD. It would get a straight out Five Stars from me just for that. However, on the second disc of the first season the last two episodes ("Parent Trap" and "Shitagi Nashi") are not there. If you click on the menu for the episodes it just takes you back to the original 20th Century Fox logo and eventually back to the episodes menu. I thought maybe I get a defective copy, so returned it for another copy. But no, same problem. I love having this show, but I paid for The Complete Series, not most of the series. PS, I am only starting disk 4 right now, so not sure if more eps will not work. Disks One and Three are perfect, though.