Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Baby Sale

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 30, 2006 7:30:19 AM PST
I'm happy to see so many glwoing reviews of this fantastic film. The negative reviews are just as interesting. I notice a couple of them arguing as to whether this is a comedy or a drama and the very appauled responses at the behavior of the characters. I think the film perfectly captures some of the behavior people engage in when no one is looking and they are in crisis. People generally don't like to see themselves reflected like this or accept the idea they could become the same way under the same circumstances. This film is so intimately drawn, I almost felt like I was bearing witness to events and struggles that I should not be seeing. A testament to the story's power and it's willingness to go where it needed, despite how ugly it can get. What do others think?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2008 7:53:35 AM PDT
Len C. Kiel says:
I agree that the negative reviews are most likely from people who do not feel comfortable with the dark side of human behavior. But just because you don't approve of someone's actions, it won't make them go away. Maybe those who are not offended by this type of approach are more realistic?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Oct 30, 2006
Latest post:  Jun 7, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions