Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable forum

Don't forget about your licenses for DLC!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2010 1:16:40 PM PST
Microsoft does two checks to make sure your stuff you purchased on the Market Place is being played by you. Anytime you get a new X-Box, you need to transfer the licenses. Unfortunately, this can only be done once a year.

The first check is your gamertag. Of course, when you purchase something, it's tied to your gamertag. This is verified when you log on Live. If you can't login into Live, the next check is the console itself. If your purchased the content with the current X-Box, it will allow you to access the content. If you purchased from another console, you won't be able to access it offline.

You have to actually do this on their website. I just wanted to throw that out there in case someone didn't know.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2010 7:37:28 PM PST
gittyga says:
You only have to do this if you are transferring data to a new console. If you are simply upgrading to a larger drive, you don't need to transfer the licenses. The licenses are attached to the console, not the drive.

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 8:27:47 AM PDT
SunaBouzu says:
If i buy a xbox slim and want to transfer my data from my old xbox 120 gb HD to the new one 250 gb HD. . it will transfer my DLC code from some limited edition games?

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 10:21:39 AM PDT
Hmm... I once transfered (not with this cord...) data from an old 20GB 360 to a 60GB HDD and a new 360 (still the older white model, then the end of that SAME year the black one came out ARGH! - anyway) and I was using an official MS 360 USB memory card, the older system wouldn't accept any other memory USB card. And due to memory constraint of the USB card I was unable to move my FF XI and PSU data to the knew console... but everything else moved over. The only game I ever had an issue with was the original Gensis Sonic the Hedgehog download game. it was there, but it's only a demo. I've deleted it, and redownloaded it, but it's still only a demo. My Achievement Points are showing for Sonic, but I cannot play the full game anymore. Yet all my other games are perfectly fine (other than all the games I've gotten that are just not downloads anymore....) Double Dragon, Outrun 2 Online, Gauntlet, Joust, TMNT 1989,... Double Dragon is the only one affected that was turned into a "demo" whether I'm online or not.

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 6:46:47 PM PDT
so if i transfer my old Xbox pro to a slim , how exactly do i transfer licences please email me back at sparkingmeteor37@gmail.com thanks in advanced for whoever tells me specifically..........
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable
Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable by Microsoft Software (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (385)