Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 7, 2011 8:36:03 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 10, 2011 2:15:47 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 7, 2011 11:03:44 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 7, 2011 2:30:33 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 7, 2011 2:28:25 PM PST
Karl Grass says:
I received the same email from Talent Smart. I took great offense to this as it calls into question their ethics. In response I posted an Amazon review and repeated comments disclosing this practice. I have been contacted by Amazon asking me to not repeat my post against recent 5 star reviews. Repeated comments are a violation of their policy - even if, evidently, they contain factual information that buyers might want to consider. I have asked that they implement policies that protect the integrity of the rating policy. I hope you will add your voice to this so that we can confidently rely on the opinions of others as being authentic and not manipulated by offers to receive free goods or services.

Posted on Jan 7, 2011 5:50:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2011 5:51:16 PM PST
Liam Brown says:
I don't see what the problem is if they are getting people who have actually read the book to share their opinions.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011 6:43:44 PM PST
Karl Grass says:
The problem is offering a tangible incentive in return for a 5 star review. They are not simply asking that people post reviews with their opinion. They are explicitly saying they will exchange a free signed copy or assessment in return for posting a 5 star review (the offer is not valid if you post anything less.) The reviews are tainted as a result as they are simply paid advertisements, not the authentic unbiased opinions one would expect from an Amazon review board.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2011 1:02:24 PM PST
S. J. Urich says:
What is Amazon doing about this practice. It really makes me doubt all reviews...

Steve

Posted on Feb 8, 2011 7:30:45 AM PST
YOBI says:
Definitely should fix that.. the reviews are all Amazon has over any bookstore on the corner.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jan 7, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 8, 2011

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Emotional Intelligence 2.0
Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry (Hardcover - June 16, 2009)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (373)