Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2010 7:55:59 AM PDT
Member says:
why in freaken hell i want dvd/blu ray combo when i spend couple of hundreds to upgrade my TV -blu ray - sound system ...i want ONLY blu ray version -stop this bad practice of over tagging there is no option for me just to buy blu ray ONLY and we as consumers just gave in to those bastard co-operates ...http://bit.ly/ccmFmj

Posted on Nov 5, 2010 9:20:30 AM PDT
I copy and paste OP's message to Google translate hoping it will translate to English for me. Google translate auto detected it as crap. Can anyone help?

Posted on Nov 5, 2010 10:44:15 AM PDT
Boy...You get a DVD for your bed room or card DVD player plus a digital copy for your smartphone FOR FREE and yet you complain? If you don´t want the stuff, just don´t use it! Some people seem to search for reasons to complain ;-).

Posted on Nov 5, 2010 4:10:53 PM PDT
Member says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 5, 2010 8:14:59 PM PDT
Let's talk about options. You can give the extra DVD to your friends... Oh wait... you don't have any...

Posted on Nov 5, 2010 8:56:03 PM PDT
Brad Pipkins says:
Why complain? Get the Bluray/DVD/Digital Copy and sell what you don't want on Craigslist. You'll probably be able to get rid of the DVD for $10 if you list the day it comes out. You may even get that for the digital copy. Still, if you just sell the DVD for $10 you only paid $15.99 for the Bluray and Digital Copy. You'd be amazed that people don't mind that it doesn't come with a case. They just want the movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2010 7:43:15 AM PDT
Member says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 6, 2010 10:56:50 AM PDT
People don't give...? You are going to write them to what...? And who carry your DVD players? Co-operate asses makes me chuckle...

Posted on Nov 6, 2010 7:52:45 PM PDT
Brad Pipkins says:
What the heck are you talking about? Seriously, I was trying to be level headed. I don't work for a corporate place or whatever. You are blowing things WAY out of proportion with your hyperbolic attitude. Are you even an adult? I was trying to give you a viable option to solve your dilemma, but instead you simply refuse to use common sense and instead fall on false logic. Because, you know, if someone disagrees with you, they obviously work for "co-operate."

Honestly, I've been with the format since it's introduction (also supported HD-DVD too). I recall buying movies when Bluray first came out. They were around $40. That's nothing when you compare the price that I paid for certain laserdiscs back in the day (try about $150 for one movie). So please, stop your whining and grow up. You live in the real world and while things aren't fair at times, this is hardly worthy of complaint.

Posted on Nov 7, 2010 7:26:00 PM PST
Aero says:
S.Khan, don't buy it.

Posted on Nov 8, 2010 4:38:32 AM PST
Same with me, I don´t work for any company associated with Blu-rays. I just think it is silly complaining about something you get for free. If you don´t want it, just ignore it. It does no harm to get an additional DVD and a digital copy, does it? So what is the point you dislike about it so much? If they would charge a premium price, then I could understand it - but they don´t.

Posted on Nov 8, 2010 10:06:36 AM PST
Member says:

Posted on Nov 8, 2010 10:49:19 PM PST
Salo says:
I agree with the OP. I have no use for the DVD or 'digital copy' and they are not 'free'; if they were not included the product could be cheaper.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2010 1:21:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2010 1:22:19 AM PST
A DVD and digital copy cost almost nothing for a studio to include. Compare the prices: Blu-rays without DVDs and digital copies are not cheaper in general.

I think it says a lot about the OP that he just keeps to his paranoia and just says everyone who disagrees with him is a "Co-operate" or "sell out crowd". Such need for false claims and namecalling is just childish.

He should visit Europe: In Germany, where I am from, Blu-rays are a lot more expensive than in the US although the inclusion of a DVD and digital copy is much more seldom.

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 5:24:58 PM PST
Salo says:
If a DVD costs nothing to include then I guess the DVD version should be free. Maybe you should let Amazon know.

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 6:27:13 PM PST
Something cost next to nothing to produce doesn't mean it should be free. Coke and Pepsi cost next to nothing to produce. Water is free. Yet we paid for them everyday.

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 9:00:05 PM PST
Jerrod Alsip says:
If you don't like it, just don't give them your money.
I don't have much use for the DVD or digital copy either, but I know people that would gladly take them off my hands.

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 9:00:52 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 10, 2010 9:01:09 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 14, 2010 12:54:24 AM PST
I somewhat agree with the OP, I simply wish more releases would give us options. Look at Toy Story 3, for those of you who want 3 copies of the film across 3 mediums, you can buy it that way, or for $5-6 less at the minimum you can get the Blu-ray copy only. I don't have a car that can play dvds, I have a smart phone but never watch movies on it, my friends have a PS3 so I can lend them blu-ray copy without any squabbles. I have no reason to get Blu+dvd or *sigh* blu+dvd+digital.

If you think companies aren't charging more because they can include multiple versions of the same movie you're in denial, while I don't think it's a scandal rivaling Watergate, it is happening.

Posted on Nov 14, 2010 12:46:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2010 12:50:20 PM PST
I am going to respond to your "SCANDAL with your OWN words.

"I simply wish more releases would give us options." For $5-6 less at the minimum you can get the Blu-ray copy only.

"I don't have a car that can play dvds, I have no reason to get Blu+dvd or *sigh* blu+dvd+digital." For $5-6 less at the minimum you can get the Blu-ray copy only.

"If you think companies aren't charging more because they can include multiple versions of the same movie you're in denial." For $5-6 less at the minimum you can get the Blu-ray copy only.

FOR $5-6 LESS AT THE "MINIMUM" YOU CAN GET THE BLU-RAY COPY (DVD COPY OR DIGITAL) ONLY.

Posted on Nov 17, 2010 7:22:35 AM PST
I really don't understand what the problem is here. You were trying to buy the movie, on release day, for a low price? Highly doubt that'll happen. While the DVD and digital copy may be adding to the price, just look at other Blu-rays. They drop pretty quickly, especially now that it's around the holidays. Besides, there's ways to get around the price. Heck, when it came out, I had the movie liked and what-not, and the same day it released, I found it to be in my Quick Picks for about $30. Now it's $24. If you want anything right away when it releases, you can be sure you'll be paying top dollar for it.

What's wrong with a digital copy anyway? If anything, digital copies have the possibility of being of higher quality than a Blu-ray. DVD I can see some people having a beef with, but all these mediums are actually pretty convenient to most people. Plus, from a marketing standpoint, it's a smart idea for whoever makes money off Blu-ray movies to include the other formats, as it'll convince people to go for the Blu-ray version everytime, which, if the other formats are included, will boost profit for retailers since people will probably be paying for the price of BR, DVD, and Digital.

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 6:27:47 AM PST
I like the digital copies for movies I really like, but getting them isn't a priority. Lets be honest here, if they got rid of the combo packs the movies prices MIGHT fall by a dollar or two-nothing significant. They reason they have them is to give those that don't yet have blu-ray players incentive to buy them (for the dvd's) and for the digital copies its to encourage people to buy the movies as soon as they come out instead of waiting for prices to fall (since those codes usually expire a year or two after the film comes out).

Posted on Dec 7, 2010 3:39:34 PM PST
It actually only costs a few cents to produce the DVD, the movie wouldn't be much cheaper if it wasn't included. The studios just want the initial amount for the actual movie and then they provide the DVD and Digital Copy as a strategy to stop piracy, and to deter people from trying to crack the DRM. It's a compromise really. You see most crackers try to remove the DRM so that they can put the movie on any device they want. It's their right to do that they did pay for it. So as a strategy the movie studios provide the Blu-Ray with the DVD and digital copy to the customers (which doesn't cost them very much to produce) which takes away the motivation those skilled crackers would have for wanting to remove the DRM.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 7, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions