Customer Discussions > Dead Space 3 forum

Don't care very much for Co-op in Dead Space

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 15, 2012 2:06:20 PM PDT
Marvelous says:
I'm new to the Dead Space series; I just recently bought both DS1 and DS2, but I've already beat both of them twice, and I can't wait to get my hands on this new game.

I could care less about the Co-op though, it takes away all the scary aspects that made the other 2 games great. I'll definitely be playing this solo just so I can keep that atmosphere.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 2:25:09 PM PDT
nooo says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 11:48:12 AM PST
Don Squeek says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 9:03:39 AM PST
kaosrogue says:
I actually think the way they are implementing Co-op could potentially add a whole new level of scary aspects. Issac's co-op partner Carver is in the beginning stages of dementia. As you and a buddy are playing, you two aren't necessarily seeing the same things. Imagine, you are both walking down a dark cramped bloody hallway with weapons drawn. There is no sound, but all of the sudden your buddy starts letting loose with all the ammo he has, firing around you, but you as Isaac see nothing.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:06:24 PM PST
You want scares: single player. You want a coop experience? Two player. so simple.

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 11:06:27 AM PST
Don Squeek says:
If I have to walk around with an AI Co-Op player because some 13 year old wanted to play with his friends I'm going to have a very bad time. If you want to play Dead Space with friends, you really don't want to play dead space. You want to play Halo... Go play Halo.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:30:44 PM PST
Marvelous says:
You and I are on the same page; I played the demo and feels like the scare factor is completely gone. :(

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 10:57:36 AM PST
Eli says:
That's because the demo seemed to highlight a couple of things about the storyline and the early mechanics of weapon testing/creation, not so much the super jump scaring that I remember in the first two games. I'm thinking the Co-Op will bring a new light to the horror that is Dead Space, but then again, I might be alone in my thinking.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 8:53:39 PM PST
Adam says:
You don't walk around with Carver if the second player isn't there. He's part of the story, but he doesn't help you and he's not even in the same cut scenes as he would be in co-op.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 6:01:17 PM PST
Dan Avera says:
I think a lot of people (the anti people) are making a lot of assumptions that have nothing at all to do with facts. Prime example: if you've researched DS3 at all since co-op was announced, you'd know that if you play single player, you see Carver only very rarely.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dead Space 3 forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Oct 15, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead Space 3
Dead Space 3 by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (449)