Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 30, 2012
I am pregnant and have been enjoying a variety of decaf coffees for the last 9 months. This coffee is the absolute best in decaf for Keurig. I have tried probably 20+ different flavors and I can say with complete confidence this is my favorite. I have had the Donut House regular and it is awesome as well. I've drank it with cream hot and over ice. Listen--I drink coffee every single day of my life since for like 15 years; I know what I'm talking about. decaf, regular, fresh ground, folgers, french press, hospital cafeteria, peculated, drip, instant, starbucks, dunkin donuts, Caribou, Gloria Jean's, mcdonalds--you name it I've had it. This machine with this coffee is perfect for a decaf drinker.

Decaf can sometimes have an icky taste, this has a coffee house aroma and a smooth taste, not bitter or dirty or chalky. I highly recommend it.
on December 31, 2009
This is Green Mountain's response to the Coffee People's Donut Shop coffee. Many people actually confuse the two which isn't difficult to do: donut house and donut shop -- both are extra bold in flavor, and both are excellent. Since Donut Shop is my favorite, I decided to conduct a taste test between these two rivals. Side to side they are very similar, very little acid taste, no bitterness which is what I look for in an extra bold roast. Head to head Donut Shop edged this coffee, Donut House, out by the slightest of margin. Donut Shop had slightly more body to it but frankly, it took me drinking a half cup of each before I could declare a winner. This is why I also think this is a 5 star coffee -- excellent choice if you want a simple, great tasting cup of coffee that you will not get sick of.
55 comments|94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2011
I decided to try a box because Costco carries this and they haven't had my favorite Tully's Kona for a while. It lives up to the "light roast" description and brews one of the lightest (you might also say 'weakest') cups of coffee I've had in any K-cup. Even using two k-cups didn't help much. It's way too light for my tastes; glad I didn't buy the box of 88 at Costco.

So, if you like a lightly roasted and somewhat weak cup of coffee, you'd like this. The flavor is good. But, k-cups run a little on the weak side in general and this one is simply too light for me.

Amazon did ship fast and had a good price.

UPDATE: Some reviews here don't seem to understand the terms being used.

"Light Roast" is a description of how long the coffee beans are roasted. Light roaster beans do not have the strong and sometimes bitter flavor of beans that are roasted for longer times, but they retain more of the subtleties of their flavor. It does produce a `lighter' cup of coffee.

"Extra Bold" is a term Keurig/Green Mountain uses to describe a K-cup that has more coffee grounds in it than normal K-cups. More coffee grounds makes for a stronger cup of coffee. The strength of the coffee also depends on how large a cup you brew.

You can have a "light roast" coffee in an "Extra Bold" K-cup, but the result will still be a coffee with a lighter flavor.

Personally, I like a medium roast; a nice balance between good coffee flavor and that strong coffee bite.
on January 11, 2010
I was skeptical of this blend. I like my coffee dark and bold. But this one is really REALLY smooth, dark and rich tasting. My other fav is Caribou and this one is similar to that. Not bitter, not biting, just smooth and rich and consistant. A great daily brew for my Keurig. Try it. I bet you will like it.
on December 10, 2011
Liked this decaf brand. I find that we can get 2 separate beverage servings from 1 k-cup. Make sure you squeeze & shake the k-cup before reusing, and punch an new hole in the bottom, don't try to line up the first hole. Really works, second cup will be a bit weaker.
on December 21, 2010
I get my K-cups either at Amazon (used to be the cheapest) or Costco (is the cheapest). The obvious problem with Costco is the selection, maybe 2 or 3 kinds to choose from. That is why I still buy from amazon occasionally, real nice selection to choose from. I have had my Keurig for about a year and have tried many different kinds of coffee from most of the companies out there. I found the coffee shop brand at Costco and this has become one of my favorites and was my daily cup. If you have ever shopped at Costco you know that things come and go a lot. That was the case with my donut shop yesterday. IT WAS GONE!! Replaced with donut "house". I figured for .42 a cup I would give it a try. I am not disappointed at all. It is just as good as the donut shop I used to drink. Perhaps ever so slightly less strong, but an excellent cup of coffee, and cant beat the price at Costco. The only thing that is a little confusing on Amazon is the price?? That is really high. Anyway. If you are a donut shop drinker you will love the donut house every bit as much. Don't hesitate to buy it...but make sure you check the price. Great price available form Costco....this week
on January 24, 2012
I am a half-caf drinker and I brew one cup of this Donut House Decaf and one cup of Donut House regular and get THE BEST cup of home-brewed coffee ever! Wish Amazon would put them on the Subscribe and Save list because I would get this delivered regularly! Love it!
on July 15, 2010
This is now my favorite.
I drink coffee black and the taste of Donut House is excellent.
on June 24, 2012
I just re-ordered this decaf coffee. We have tried several decaf varieties looking for that perfect cup. The Donut House is our reigning favorite. We had been drinking Donut SHOP decaf and just tried Green Mountain Breakfast Blend decaf. While both of these coffees are pleasant, neither compares to the Donut House in aroma or flavor. This coffee is full bodied in taste and very smooth. We brew it on the 8oz setting and think that is perfect, although we make the next size larger for my mother who likes her's a bit weaker. We'll probably keep looking for the perfect decaf; this one is excellent.
on June 28, 2012
i,M Surprised about the flavor this Decaf has. I've switched to Decafe coffee and Donut House brand has exceeded my expectations.
Thank you Amazon.