Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Flavor: Regular|Size: 50 Count|Change

on December 23, 2009
I must admit that I have gone a little overboard with my k-cup sampling. So far I must have tried about 50 different blends. OVerall I must say that the vast majority of them have been pleasant, better than what I used to make in my coffee brewer. Then I tried the Donut Shop brand. When I first tried this I was not expecting much, it sounds bland, plain, everyday type of coffee. Don't get me wrong, I have had some pretty good cups of coffee in donut shops but nothing to write home about. When I took my first sip, I thought wow, this is amazing. Smooth, not much of an acid taste, about as close to perfect as I could describe. My love for this k-cup continued and continues to this day. Many times you find a k-cup which at first is very good, but after a couple of cups you get a little sick of them; not with this one. It has been and continues to be my absolute favorite. I will still search for something better, but I doubt I will find it. I hope you like -- no strike that -- I hope you love this coffee as much as I do.
99 comments| 482 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 14, 2009
To cut to the chase, this produces a very good MEDIUM roast style cup of coffee...period. Some folks tend to compare all coffees to one another no matter what the bean is and how it's roasted. I do roast my own green beans (home roaster) when I brew a pot of coffee every morning and use the K-Cups when only a single cup is needed. If you don't like that 'in your face' dark roast, dense, heavy style of coffee in the morning (or any time for that matter) this is definitely the coffee for you. It's not bitter, a bit floral, with a true pure coffee taste. Does it match Dunkin Donuts style coffee in taste? I'd say YES to that when using the middle cup size setting on the Keurig brewer....which I use for folks that take milk in their cup, I use the larger cup setting because I drink my coffee black and like that taste profile. The new packaging is OK (you get 2 extra K-Cups for the $$) as long as you have the room in your kitchen to store the larger single box....as opposed to storing the two 24 cartridge boxes.

NOTE: The description of this coffee uses the words "Medium Extra Bold" in it's packaging as opposed to the two 24 boxes version which lead me to think there was now two DIFFERENT varieties of this Donut Shop coffee....so I ordered both (wanted 98/100 anyway) but it turns out that both were the same. Amazon should correct that description and take out 'Extra Bold' so they match each other.
1414 comments| 615 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2009
My favorite K-Cup flavor! A mild rather than a strong coffee strength, it really has a flavor reminiscent of a local donut shop or Denny's cup of coffee.
Highly recommended!
on November 4, 2009
I love the taste of this coffee. But apparently they have poor quality control. These K-cups come too full and they tend to not brew properly. You can always tell when you got a bad cup, because the grounds are so packed in the cup that the water doesn't come out completely and your cup of coffee will have less liquid than you are used to. Sure enough, when you go to lift the K-cup out of the Keurig for disposal, you will find it is very heavy compared to others. We also know this is a problem with Coffee People DOnut Shop k-cups only, because my husband drinks a different brand and never has this problem.

It doesn't happen all the time, and I have found if I shake the k-cup before putting it in the Keurig, it happens less frequently, but it still happens.

I've tried ordering from Coffee People multiple times to see if it was a one time manufacturing glitch, but it appears every time I buy a box of their K-cups I have a problem with 10-15% of them.

Fortunately, another brand is offering a donut shop coffee which I tried with this last order and I find it just as pleasing.
3333 comments| 175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2009
After some researching, it seems the "Extra Bold" label refers to having 20% more coffee in each cup in an attempt to provide a stronger, fuller cup of coffee (especially when brewing 9oz or more). Medium refers to the darkness of the roast.

Therefore, "Extra Bold" in this case does not mean "Extra Dark Roast". There are K-Cups out there that are medium and even light-roast that come in "Extra Bold". I agree with other reviewers that this is confusing and should be explained better.

I use the B60 Model and find that these K-Cups give me a pretty strong 7oz cup of coffee without being bitter. It might still be a little weak for some on larger, 9oz cups, but there's a lot of different coffee preferences out there.
on December 12, 2010
You are no loner competitive at .56 per. You bumped your price from $21.00 to over 27.00. Costco selling prodct for .44 per.
33 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2009
This coffee is exactly what you would get at a coffee shop. Sweet and aromatic, not bitter or too bold. I like the pack of 50 and it comes in one box, so there is no waste of packaging or more trash to throw away. If they only made a box of with 100... We love the K-Cups and get great consistent coffee every day without wasting half a pot. My favs are Timothy's German Chocolate (desert coffee!), Donut Shop (mid Morning) and Emeril's Big Bold Easy (first thing in the morning!).
on September 14, 2009
I have tried many, many brands and blends in my Keurig coffee maker and this is definetely one of my favorites. The type of coffe I drink depends on my mood. Sometimes I want a strong, bold cup like, Newman's Own Extra-bold Special Blend K-cups, 80 Pk for Keurig Brewers and sometimes I want something more mild like, Green Mountain K-Cup Single-Serving Coffee 108-ct.- Nantucket Blend But ever since I have had my Keurig I have been looking for one of my favorite coffees. The Dunkin Donut brand.

This coffee is superb and very much like the Dunkin Donut brand. Not bold or bitter. Not weak or under flavored. It is smooth and very flavorful. It is the perfect crowd pleasing blend for any time of day or night.

I have shopped all over and you can't beat the variety or the price here on Amazon when you join their club. A great value.

I do wish that Amazon would change the name by removing "Extra Bold". It is not. It is, at most, a medium roast. Even when brewed with the smallest setting of the Keurig I would not concider it bold. It comes out great on the medium size setting. Very remanicent of that great cup of Joe you would get in the old days at your favorite diner.
11 comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2010
My last two shipments of this product have been awful. The packaging is that of Donut Shop Coffee but I think there was some kind of a mixup with the products. It tastes bitter and nothing like my first two shipments. I am going to cancel my auto-shipment today. I'm really disappointed because I really do like the Donut Shop Coffee.
33 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2010
Just left packaging feedback, but upon review, the issue appears to be quality control. I ordered 2 boxes, 50 count each. In both boxes, the foil lids were not positioned correctly and the seal was not 100%, causing coffee grounds to coat every K-Cup, the frustration free boxes and the box they were shipped in. Worse, about 20% of the K-Cups no longer have the full amount of coffee in them. Additionally, I am not sure that these loose grounds won't impact the Keurig. I hope the folk at Coffee People can rectify this situation, as this is my favorite coffee, but I will not order this product again without some resolve on their side.