Doom 3 BFG Edition - Playstation 3
|Price:||$15.35 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$4.64 (23%)|
- Optimized for Consoles: Doom 3 BFG Edition features 5.1 surround sound, Xbox 360 Achievements, PS3 trophies, improved rendering and lighting, and a new check point save system allowing for smoother progression through the game.
- Stunning 3D Visuals: Doom 3, Resurrection of Evil and the all-new 'Lost Mission' have all been optimized in stereoscopic 3D for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, further immersing the player in the demonic world of this terrifying horror masterpiece.
- The Lost Mission: Doom 3 BFG Edition includes an all-new chapter in the Doom 3 experience - 'The Lost Mission', featuring seven heart-pounding single-player levels and a completely new storyline that will have players once again on the edge of their seats.
- The Ultimate Collection: As a special bonus, Doom BFG Edition will also include the original Doom and Doom II games, making it the definitive collection of the revolutionary games developed by the studio that pioneered the first-person shooter genre.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
DOOM 3 BFG Edition is the ultimate collection of groundbreaking games that defined the first-person shooter (FPS) genre. The collection includes DOOM, DOOM 2, DOOM 3, and DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, as well as the 'Lost Mission.' All DOOM 3 content has been re-mastered for PlayStation 3 for an even more terrifying FPS experience, and as the subtext to the edition's name suggests, all the content included feature guns and other weapons of substantial power and size.
The Story - Welcome Back to Hell
The ruins of an ancient Martian civilization have unlocked the secrets to teleportation, and the UAC (Union Aerospace Corporation) will stop at nothing to harness this world-altering technology. As part of a marine detachment sent to protect the facility, your duty seemed simple enough... until the invasion. Now, in an epic clash against pure evil you must fight to understand who is with you, who is against you, and what must be done to stop this nightmare from reaching earth.
Key Game Features
- Optimized for Consoles - DOOM 3 BFG Edition features 5.1 surround sound, PlayStation trophy support, improved rendering and lighting, and a new check point save system allowing for smoother progression through the game
- Stunning 3D Visuals - DOOM 3, Resurrection of Evil and the all-new 'Lost Mission' have all been optimized in stereoscopic 3D for PlayStation 3, further immersing the player in the demonic world of this terrifying horror masterpiece
- The Lost Mission - DOOM 3 BFG Edition includes an all-new chapter in the DOOM 3 experience - 'The Lost Mission', featuring seven heart-pounding single-player levels and a completely new storyline that will have players once again on the edge of their seats
- The Ultimate Collection - As a special bonus, DOOM 3 BFG Edition will also include the original DOOM and DOOM II games, making it the definitive collection of the revolutionary games developed by the studio that pioneered the first-person shooter genre
Optimized in stereoscopic 3D.
4 games plus the Lost Mission.
Frightening demonic enemies.
A range of BFG type weapons.
Platform: PlayStation 3
Top Customer Reviews
now it's released for the ps3 and it's Fantastic I really was amazed at how well
they redid the graphics for Doom 3 and the controls on all three Dooms are
exactly like mainstream FPS games (like CoD and Battlefield) using R1 to shoot R2 to change weapons L1 for flashlight (Doom 3 only)
what's more amazing is they have all THREE games running at a silky smooth
60 Frames Per Second which makes the older games look much better then previous ports. the sound effects are exact as they should be and the option to play
FOUR player split screen on Doom 1, 2, and Online MP for Doom 3 just makes this a Must Have package for
doom lovers everywhere. they also included Online Multiplayer
for Doom 3 and while simple compared to todays mainstream shooters,
it's still a blast to play with multiple game modes Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Tourney (one on one deathmatch) and Last Man (be the Sole Survivor). I am about 3 hours now into Doom, 5 hours into Doom 2 and about 6 hours into Doom 3 and if you're looking for a good
scare for Halloween this just might be what you're looking for.
Graphics: Doom 1 and 2 are smoother but mostly the same monster textures are smoother though (doom 1 and 2) Doom 3 looks Fantastic with it's HD makeover and is so creepy compared to most games from this gen. 5 stars
Sound: excellent and exact in D1 and 2 Doom 3 really shines here I am talking sound effects that will set you up to be scared and you will jump, trust me. easily 5 stars
Gameplay: thankfully they tuned all THREE games to run perfectly off the dualshock which makes the game control without effort, also lots of options for gamma, and sensitivity for the speed for turning etc.Read more ›
Oh joy, Doom 3 BFG Edition is available on PS3! First off, it has all three - Doom, Doom II, and Doom 3 - on a single disc. Doom has been around for a while so I don't think I have to go into the merits of its plot and mechanics. It's still the old school, "See it, shoot it!". It may not be the perfect shooter - I'm sure most followers are aware of the flashlight conundrum, I don't need to repeat old complaints. Doom 3's translation onto the PS3 does have some decent graphics. No real complaints there. Doom I & II, however, are still done up in the old pixelated textures - no hi-def remastering here. And yet, I don't feel like I'm driving an old jalopy when I play them. They really feel great - they really take me back. Overall, this edition is a great buy at around $20. I'm happy.
So readers, please, PLEASE, don't go into this review expecting a comparison to the original PC games. I just felt I needed to be honest because I understand that people who already own the games, will want a look between the original games and the BFG Edition.
Eight years after it's initial release, Doom 3 is finally available for consoles in the form of the BFG Edition. I'll go out and state that this review will put the overall package over my personal opinions about the games themselves (although I will at least give my personal opinions on them throughout. After all, I love the Doom franchise). Besides, I suspect that if you are here, you are a Doom fan, right? Or at least have a great interest in the series! So let's break it down.
* Both Doom 3 and Resurrection of Evil have been remastered with changes to the audio and visuals of Doom 3 and Resurrection of Evil.Read more ›
Pros: Old school play, with co-op if you wanted.
Doom 3 is no call of duty, but it is a lot of good fun. Arguably more "shock factor" than resident evil.
Cons: If you're not a Doom fan or have grown to accustomed to modern day FPS, this may not be for you. There is no aiming down your sights and the graphics are a little dated.
Overall for the price, you can't beat it!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Essentially an upgraded version of the original Doom 3. Just as good as I remembered. Updated visuals. HD and moves at 60 frames which is great. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Wastelander
Works as expected for a 63 year old guy that like video games no complaintsPublished 16 days ago by Oldblood
Cool game! Good story! Awesome new graphics! Nice to see a new Doom after so long! That said... A few elements of the gameplay are a bit tedious (that stuff with the pda's) and the... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Justin
BFG is everything I remember about Doom.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
It is not a 2015 game, so keep your expectations in the 80's.
Lots of fun.