Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Doom: Collector's Edition
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Edition: Collector's|Change
Price:$117.99+ $4.69 shipping

on December 22, 2006
Doom was created by the genius team of Carmack and Romero. No big game corporation now can achieve the originality of that first true immersive environment. It may be a bit dated now but Carmack was the trail blazer for PC action game graphics and Romero the inspiration for the action. And, you get the Bobby Prince soundtrack which to date imo has never been topped. (Bobby Prince, where are you?!?!)

Anyone into PC gaming needs to experience this classic. Doom I quickly achieved infamy for destroying work productivity everywhere. It is in fact the cornerstone of immersive game history. Doom I for XP is a must. Personally, I did not like Doom II as much as I, but that's just me. The third part of this package I can't speak to as I haven't played it, but if you are really into Doom the additional levels are probably worth it.
on November 5, 2006
This collection contains the three most enjoyable games ever concieved. First, the Ultimate Doom which set the world ablaze with its sharp visuals and pulse-pounding single and multiplayer gaming. The second game, Doom 2, was not as good as the original -- it was better. A host of new, more deadly, foes and even more creative maps make it a worthy addition to the Doom franchise. The last game of the set, Final Doom, is an interesting work. It was not made by Id Software, but rather, a set of maps produced by a team named TeamTNT. It's essentially two 32 level episodes that are based off the Doom storyline. The maps are of the highest quality and due to their difficulty on the higher skill levels, they're great co-op games.

In short, if you don't have all three of these games, buy this collection. It's great as a single player game, but when you've got a LAN party going, coupled with one of the modern source ports (Doom Legacy is a good one), you can have some of the most intense gaming moments you've ever experienced -- outdoing today's top titles.

I state again for clarity: buy it.
on August 7, 2004
This set contains the best computer games ever made, DOOM, Ultimate Doom, Final Doom and Doom II what else could you want, all in one package with a great price!! Works with Windows 7/8/OSX and still played online today with new mods and levels all the time. Still the KING now and forever!
on October 11, 2007
I get sick of people who play "classic" games for the nostalgia value. DOOM is far and away one of the greatest shooter games of all time, even when compared to current games. The game is nonstop action without any tricky plot turns or other garbage. All three games are so fun you will want to play them again and again. I have played "knee deep in the dead" so many times that I have lost count, but I still enjoy playing it. If you have never played DOOM, your life is not complete.
on May 19, 2014
This collects all 3 Doom games on 1 disc, and plays perfectly fine on Windows 7 or XP. You might need to adjust the file a bit *I had to do a bit of leg work via google and renaming a file, but it was not hard*. I have been playing this all week and I enjoy it. It is classic doom, what more could you want?
on November 6, 2015
I have been as games addict ever since playing computer games in my home in 1973 when I was given Pong as a birthday present so I have seen how games have progressed over the last 42 years. I have played thousands in my time...everything from Star Raiders on the Atari 400 to Monkey Island on the PC to Call of Duty on the PS4. I have old favourites that I return to and still love but for unrivalled fun and playability Doom easily ranks in the top three.
I return to play Doom at least once a month and have done ever since its release in 1993. Doom wasn't the original FPS but its the best. For me, Wolfenstein 3D was the first FPS and I remember that game appearing as a Shareware disk on a PC game magazine nearly two years before DOOM. But it was the same developer and the precursor to DOOM with German troops hidden behind doors and chasing me down corridors as I frantically sought fresh medical supplies and ammunition.
Purchasing and completing the full Wolfenstein game plus the extended levels left me wondering where to go next and it was sight of an early advertisement for DOOM in a computer gaming magazine that caught my eye in 1993. I rang a supplier to enquire about it and he had been lucky enough to see an early beta of the game. After excitedly talking to me about it for 20 minutes, he strongly recommended that I pre-ordered it there and then as in his words "its the best game I have ever seen and if you liked Wolfenstein, you are gonna want to marry this one". Say no more, pre-order placed and six weeks later it was in my hands and I have been addicted ever since.
Yes, more advanced games with better graphics have followed....Dark Forces, Quake, Call of Duty, Star Wars Battlefront but pound for pound in terms of excitement, atmosphere and playability, no game has ever supposed Doom and never will. I remember reaching the final level on Doom 1 and having to shut down my pc and down a couple of beers because hearing that last boss without seeing it scared the hell out of me.

Doom will always remain in my top 5 list of games and despite being in my 50's with several divorces and children behind me, Doom will always be a game etched in to my heart and will be a game that I will take to the grave.

If you have played it back in the 90's then get it again and bring back what you didn't know you were missing.. All you need is this product, ZDOOM and a 50" plasma for a true Doom experience. If you are a youngster that has never seen it or heard of it then get it as it will etch an experience in to your memory that you will carry with you for life.
on September 4, 2010
I've bought this product twice before, but I seem to lose it whenever I move. So I'm buying another. I've seen this game for cheaper but I'm buying it online since it's been difficult to locate here in Tucson. The best part about this game is that you don't have to deal with dialog or interacting with annoying people. You can go postal and kill anything that can be killed. I LOVE IT. Unfortunately, DOOM-3 was a major let down because it had dialog and interaction with characters and reading journals. Unacceptable.

I can't live without this game. DOOM is the only PC/video game I'll play. I've been striking fear into the hearts of Zombiemen and Imps with my chainshaw and BFG since I was 12 It's my personal goal play all the games on each level of difficulty every couple years. This task became a lot easier when my boyfriend in 2006 showed me how to strife.

I like to listen to the Doom Fan Fic [...]before I start playing.

Buy this and keep it safe! You won't regret it.
on September 27, 2009
Doom was the original game that got me into first person shooters,and what a dark and delightful game it is.In the collectors edition you get Ultimate Doom,Doom II, and Final Doom.The graphics are outdated by todays games but were talking about games that were made in the early 90's here.Doom is a purely dark rush of adrenaline for the 1st person shooting gamer,it's been years since I've played Doom and I don't recall this feature but I love the fact you can randomly start off on any level you want to-especially if there was a level you personally found to be unique:)
on February 26, 2013
I loved this game when it first came out, had a hard time finding it,
It arrived quickly but it would have been nice if the seller had removed the original price tag since he only payed 15.00 for it and I paid... a lot more.
Doesn't work on newer systems so have to use an older os
on December 31, 2014
Works great! What a trip down memory lane. Hadn't played in 15+ years and somehow still remembered where a bunch of the secrets are. Takes a little setup work on Windows 7/8. Used zdoom and 7zip to get it working. Look online, there are youtube tutorials on setup that walk you right through the process from start to finish.