Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

HALL OF FAMEVINE VOICEon November 27, 2002
When Doom 2 was originally released on the PC, it was well received by fans of the original and virtually topped the original in every area. The same can be said for the GBA coversion of Doom 2 which beats the first GBA Doom in every way possible. All 32 areas are available, and the focus is more on running and gunning although there are more levels, switches, and puzzles to solve than before. Every level is full of tons of the 15 different types of enemies, while you get your faithful assortment of weapons ranging from the chainsaw to the BFG 9000. The best feature of having Doom 2 on the go however is the surprisingly tight multiplayer support. Every level offers a death match mode for up to four people, the only downside is you'll need seperate cartridges and link cables for everyone who's playing. The graphics are a bit better on the GBA this time around, as is the sound although it can grate on your nerves after a while. The only other downside to Doom 2 is the ever present green blood flying around thats left over from the original GBA Doom, but some will hardly notice. All in all, with the wave of first person shooters on the GBA now, Doom 2 is the leader of the pack.
on April 12, 2003
Admittedly, Doom II is almost a near-perfect port of the PC original for the Gameboy Advance. It plays just as intensely as the original version, is just as engaging, and is just as fun. The developers did an admirable job with the game. Do I recommend it to everyone? Most certainly. It's definitely worth owning on the system...just for the walk down memory lane. But, honestly, there isn't much here that makes it stand out more so than the original. The first Doom(by David A. Palmer Proudctions) pretty much laid the groundwork of what the series would look and play like on the GBA so there isn't much there to make you go..."Wow!". If you can get past that, though, you definitely got a game that is a blast to play through.
In fact, I'd like to recommend you try both Doom and Doom II.
Now, if we can just get the honchos at Activision to consider making Final Doom for the GBA...we'd have 'em all in our greedy lil hands to play. Here's hoping they're reading this.
on July 10, 2004
Doom II is the eight best FPS for GBA and the 8th released for the system. Doom is an awesome game, Doom II is an awesome. Which one is better. It's a tie! They both are so good that there is no dividing line. Doom II features more of the same running-and-gunning gameplay, finding switches and keys to open doors, and blasting everything away that moves. However, there are new enemies, a new weapon, and more levels than the original. Unlike the first Doom port which had some elements from it's original PC version missing, the Doom II port has everything intact! Get ready for another green-blooded slaughter-fest!
on May 15, 2004
This is one of the classic games that is a must for your GBA. I'm not on a mission to purchase every game, only the best ones. Others are Duke Nukem Advance, the Super Mario series, Metroid Fusion (I have yet to purchase Zero Mission), and Max Payne. Get Doom II now!
on July 29, 2010
Doom II on the GBA is one of the greatest examples of hand-held inginuity. Although the controls are hard to master, the game delivers great action that you can't stop playing. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
- 9 classic Doom weapons, including the shot-gun and chainsaw.
- 15 different enemies.
- Cartridge save (4 slots).
- Great sound effects.
- Different control schemes for different players.

Cons:
- Quite difficult, even on "Hey, Not Too Rough!"
- Tricky controls.
- Too many enemy shot-gunners.
- You can't save until the end of the level.

Final thougts: All in all a great game. I would recommend playing on a DS Lite, do to the fact that the game is really dark in most parts. Also, check the options menu before you play if you bought the game used, because the previous owner most likely configured it.
on July 4, 2005
The game arrived in perfect shape. I've tested it on both my Gameboy Advance SP and Nintendo DS and it plays perfectly on both machines. I am extremely pleased as this game is quite rare and has become almost impossible to find. In fact, most video game stores (that I have been to) don't even know it exists. My thanks to the seller for parting with it.
on May 13, 2003
I bought this game in December 2002 and I sorta liked it, but the major flaw was the annoying music and the green blood. You can't look up or down either. But still, I play it when I am bored or when I'm not anywhere near my PS2...
on January 14, 2015
Upon receiving this item. I found that it was a bootleg. I feel cheated and I want my money back
review image review image review image review image
on March 5, 2004
The best GBA game you can buy.While the graphics may not be everything,the best part is the maze-like levels,blood & gore,Super Shotgun,Lvl 13:Downtown,Lvl 16:The Suburbs,blood & gore,more blood & gore :).I love playing this game...I think it is way better than the ps,3DO,and Jaguar ports,since it has all the areas,and the GBA managed to get a port of Doom 2 anyway!I's play this over any PS2 game(except GTA:VC and RTCW,those good games....)but anyway,but it if your into shooters.
on January 13, 2005
Compared to the first it has better graphics, gameplay, sound, and levels, but it doesent have that lasting effect or replayability as the first one. Don't get me worng its one of the best fps on the gba but personaly i like the original the best. You travel on earth this time killing thousands of demonic creatures for almost no reason but its alot of fun. But once you complete it there is no need or want to do it again. Also why is the gore edited so much?? Aw well its still a good game regardless.