5.0 out of 5 stars My 4yr old love it
My daughter loves this Dora app. Its age appropriate for her to learn and feel challenged without being too easy or too difficult. She loves typing her name at the beginning. This was worth the price but we wish there were some add ons or additional levels she could do.
Published 17 months ago by Melissa K. Cortes

3.0 out of 5 stars ok
Kids got bored with the game to fast even though it is at the appropriate age group. Need More interactions.
Published 8 months ago by Carol

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, February 15, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars My 4yr old love it, April 30, 2013
Melissa K. Cortes "MKC512" (Pocatello, Id United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dora ABCs Vol 2: Rhyming Words (App)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but wish it had more options and levels., March 17, 2013
This review is from: Dora ABCs Vol 2: Rhyming Words (App)
I love this app for my daughter. She loves it but is going to get bored of it because the whole game is based off of one level.

3.0 out of 5 stars Only for the right level reader at the right age., May 6, 2012
This review is from: Dora ABCs Vol 2: Rhyming Words (App)
I was so excited to finally find a Nickelodeon app for the Kindle fire. I've been keeping my eyes on this for several months hoping for some of the same great apps I've used on my iPhone in working with my kids.

I'd like to give this a higher rating but it has a very limited audience and I was disappointed to have paid $2.99 for it. Here is why: I bought this app thinking of my 3 year old who enjoys Dora. The app is after all titled "A B C" and he is learning his letters. This is not geared at all to this age group. This is really for kids who have already learned to identify letter sounds and their associated phonic sounds. If you buy this for a younger child they will be frustrated and you will spend all of your time supervising because they won't be able to play any of the games without your constant supervision. My five year old could play this app but not easily and he is a stellar reader for his age. My seven year old who is already reading chapter books was able to play.....but at this age is he really interested in Dora? NO!

The app starts out very cute. You have Dora and Boots approaching the grumpy old troll. He tells you to get past the troll bridge you need to earn some coins. You earn them by playing the first level of game - Rhyming Words. What you get is a picture in the center of something and a bunch of pictures in a circle around it rotating (similar to the way backpack is on the television show). The child can touch the pictures to hear the words. They are supposed to pick the word that rhymes with the word in the center. Rhyming is a more advanced concept for little ones, this is why I say the age must be right. The pictures aren't intuitive either so even as an adult I had to press some of the pictures to be certain. I mean, most kids aren't going to know a picture of "Rice". In addition, it's trickier because the answers are all moving and this is distracting.

The second level of play is exactly the same except instead of looking for a picture of a word that rhymes you are looking for a picture of a word that starts with the same sound. An example would be Mit (as in baseball Mit) with the matching word Mop. The 3rd level of play is again the same and you are looking for a letter that ends with the same sounds. The fourth final level is testing "inside sounds". The example the app provides is "pot" and "Frog". REALLY? They not only need to recognize that it's an "O" but also that it is an O making a slightly different sound that matches.

Ughhhh. What was Nickelodeon thinking making this the first Dora app that I've found for the kindle fire. Some of the others are so great and this was a great big disappointment. Can anyone tell me if I can have my money back!

2.0 out of 5 stars not enough variety, January 10, 2013
This review is from: Dora ABCs Vol 2: Rhyming Words (App)
It repeats the same thing over each time. the game never moves on. my kids want the story to continue. Very boring app not worth paying for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandbaby loves it, September 2, 2013
This review is from: Dora ABCs Vol 2: Rhyming Words (App)
My 2 year old hacked the password on her Kindle fire and downloaded this along with about $100.00 worth of others. I locked her down and changed my password. She loves them though so I kept it for her. Plus it is her Kindle anyway so I'll have her feed the dogs for a few months and make her think she earned them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter Likes It, August 13, 2013
This review is from: Dora ABCs Vol 2: Rhyming Words (App)
My daughter likes it. She is 3 and this app is easy for her to use and she is so happy when she gets the answer right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dora, August 4, 2013
Mark Hall (China Spring, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dora ABCs Vol 2: Rhyming Words (App)
we ordered this free app for our kindle fire for our granddaughters to play with. They love this learning game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for learning, July 10, 2013
This review is from: Dora ABCs Vol 2: Rhyming Words (App)
I love that it helps the kids learn. I hate that its limited to three different levels. Not very man y things to to on the app once you have mastered it. Great app though!

4.0 out of 5 stars my 4 year old loves it!, June 8, 2013
This review is from: Dora ABCs Vol 2: Rhyming Words (App)
It would have 5 stars if there were a few more games to play. I bought both volume 2 and 3 at the same time and together they keep him busy! He's gotten much better with rhyming and sounding out his letters for words!

Dora ABCs Vol 2: Rhyming Words