Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on November 12, 2004
This is a very cute Dora book. I like the Trolls little rhymes throughout the book. It follows the usual Dora format, where they are following the maps trail, this time to find Trolls friend Mouse. It shows children some basics of manners and how they should behave. Ever since this my daughter tells everyone to "cover their mouth!" if they sneeze. So I guess it got the point across.
0Comment19 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 19, 2009
I was thinking this book would be a few more pages thicker but it wasnt. The story is really cute and does help teach manners to your child.

It can easily be read in 5 minutes so its great right before bed. It is your typical Dora story where they need to get somewhere and they use Map to find the path.

Along the way Dora, Boots and the Grumpy troll find some instances where good manners will help them succeed.

Overall a great story to read to your child before bed.

Thank you for reading my review.
on June 29, 2008
It was perfect! Good book - My 3 year old needed to be reminded to say "Thank you" and hearing Dora tell it did help her to remember. She loves Dora and this book she'll pull it out and can almost read it hearself now that she's 4. Good book, good price, good purchase.
on March 24, 2006
This book is great!! Aside from the fact that my daughter loves Dora the Explorer it allows you to teach your child good manners and shows them how important it is to treat their playmates. I would recommend this to a parent.
on September 12, 2009
My two year old LOVES this book. She begs me to read to her every day several times a day, which I actually enjoy, but I'm a little tired of reading this book. She loves it and listens quietly through the whole book every time I read it. I think it's a little long but it's cute. She consistently says thank you and I'm sorry which I have to give the book credit for her manners! LOL I would recommend it. Also, she loves Dora's Easter Egg book too. I highly recommend that one!!!
on January 16, 2007
I bought this book for my 3 year old granddaughter so I could read it to her. I have to agree with the other reviewer. It is too wordy to keep the childrens attention spans. Other than that, it has a good moral and my granddaughter does now think twice about her manners. So all in all it was an ok book
on November 5, 2006
It is... OK. We really like Dora these days but this book is a bit to wordy to really get the message across.
on December 16, 2008
My daughter loves the Grumpy Old Troll in the Dora stories. Books are always good for kids, especially if they like reading. My daughter loves to look at books, since she is still too young to read, she goes by the characters right now. She likes the troll in the Dora cartoons, so I figure she will learn by the troll in this story book that manners are important to have.
on October 25, 2007
We were having trouble with Please and Thank You until Dora made it the right thing to do. The Grandkids are all responding better with manners now and even will shush each other when someone is talking instead of trying to talk over them. All the Moms love this book and so do I. The kids love it and always ask for it.
on December 16, 2008
This is one of my daughter's favorite books! We read it very often, and she uses a lot of the information from it to help her with her manners. She says "denada" instead of "you're welcome" but she gets the sentiment which is great!