1,108 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars more than awesome floating flashlight
Customer Video Review     Length:: 5:30 Mins
This vid shows the flashlight in action. It's an awesome buy. Very light, handheld, bright, and waterproof. It's well worth $8.
Published on January 20, 2011 by D. Javier

3.0 out of 5 stars Narrow and distracting light pattern
Published on February 26, 2011 by Pete Chen

5.0 out of 5 stars more than awesome floating flashlight, January 20, 2011
This review is from: Dorcy 41-2510 Floating Waterproof LED Flashlight with Carabineer Clip, 55-Lumens, Yellow Finish (Tools & Home Improvement)
Length:: 5:30 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Recommend!, July 6, 2010
Graymalkin "uilleann piper" (Roanoke, VA United States) - See all my reviews
The Dorcy 41-2510 model flashlight is one of those rare products that I have been absolutely satisfied with.
Small and compact, lightweight, yellow for visability, comfortable rubber grip, rubber lens cap, and bright, white, long-lasting (apx 20 hrs on 3 AAs) LED light. And the carabineer clip is a big plus.
My wife and I enjoy the outdoors, and I had been looking for a flashlight that was waterproof, floats and is affordable. It's astounding how few flashlights meet those requirements. So when I found this model, I ordered three of them, and I can say I am absolutely satisfied with them. They have survived drops on the trail, and dunks in the lake with shining colors. They float in a horizontal position in very shallow water, and are genuinely waterproof.
I highly recommend the Dorcy 41-2510 waterproof, floating LED flashlight!

5.0 out of 5 stars 32 lumens, nice smallish handy flashlight, October 27, 2010
Bought recently, and so far very good. Here's some info that (as of 10/27/10) is not included in product info above. Length about 6.5 inches. Body about 5 inches circumference, with head at widest about 8 inches around. Per icons on this Dorcy flashlight package, light output is 32 lumens, runtime 20 hours, beam distance 31 meters.

For a definition of these and other features, you can google "ANSI/NEMA FL-1 Standards" -- they help in comparison-shopping for flashlights.

This seems to be a good flashlight, and I will probably buy another. I like the partly yellow color -- easier to find than a solid dark color. Reasonably light-weight. Adequately bright light. But I prefer the larger and much brighter model I also recently bought via Amazon: Dorcy 41-4750 180-Lumen 4AA High Flux LED Cyber Light Flashlight.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, August 24, 2011
After 62 reviews for this flashlight, it sure did not need another. But I feel very strongly that this is important. If you or someone you care about has hand mobility issues or if lifting any sort of weight is difficult or close to impossible, then THIS IS FOR YOU. Just received this today & I have to tell you I can not believe the brightness of the light & the sheer "weightlessness" of it (I have big problems with that). I am able to get a good grip on this flashlight because of the black rubber-like sides.
I guess one reason for the "lightness" is that it only takes 3 AA batteries; a person my age only remembers flashlights that take several C or D cell, which suddenly become very heavy when you have physical issues. Also older flashlights had a button that would slide back & forth to turn on & off. If it got knocked around in a drawer the button could slide to the on position & you'd never know till you needed that flashlight that it went dead. No chance of that happening with this one; this has an easy to push on/off button.
I am buying another right now. Buy it, I swear it's GREAT!

3.0 out of 5 stars Narrow and distracting light pattern, February 26, 2011
I bought this after having read all the great reviews. I use flashlights a lot, and I own quite a few LED flashlights. I have to say this flashlight is average at best. I like its waterproof feature and big, bright yellow case, and the flat rubber top that I can put it on flat surfaces. But one thing bothers me most is the light pattern. It has a narrow bright spot in the middle, then a quite sizable dark ring, and then a thin bright ring around it, and then rings of light. You can see that in the video review posted here. Or you can go to you tube to see in the review someone posted. The light pattern is more visible in very dark areas in those video. The light pattern for my other flashlights I own and like has a bright center with light fading away from it. The light pattern for this flashlight is very distracting. I can only see the bright center spot clearly. I have to move the flashlight to see the areas next to it. It limits the area the flashlight covers. Yes, the center spot is very bright. But overall, this flashlight is not very useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice wide center area, May 27, 2011
I have a number of flashlights, but I got this one because some reviewers described it as having a wide center area of illumination...which is indeed correct. I don't like flashlights that give a small (but usually bright) center spot, along with a 'grayish' spill area. This one is more to my liking with JUST a wide center spot.

1.0 out of 5 stars It leaks, August 28, 2012
The flashlight was rated as "waterproof." The product contains an entirely inadequate O-ring which allows the flashlight to get enough water inside to short itself out and die.

4.0 out of 5 stars Led's have come a long way!, January 17, 2011
P.M. (AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This appears to be a rugged little flashlight. I purchased this as the emergency flashlight for our home. It has a fairly wide beam and is surprisingly bright. For the price, I think it's a steal. I would recommend this flashlight to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and great product, October 19, 2010
What can you say - a bright, waterproof, floating flashlight for under $10 from a reputable company. And batteries are included! I'm extremely impressed and would recommend this item to anyone looking for an entry-level, dependable light.

5.0 out of 5 stars good and simple, June 15, 2010
this light is nice gives out good light water proof long batt. life and the price is right. I have had very good luck with Dorcy flashlights

Rate and Discover Movies