Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dorland's Pocket Medical Dictionary with CD-ROM, 28e (Dorland's Medical Dictionary)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on January 5, 2009
As a Radiologic Technologist student, I purchased this book to use in my clinicals when I need to find a quick medical definition or proper spelling. Its small enough to fit nicely in my backpack without taking up too much space. Even though its called a pocket dictionary it's too big to fit in anyone's pocket (5.5 X 7 and about 1.5 inches thick). Each listing has the proper pronunciation, definition, synonym, abbreviation, and any cross-references. It has more medical terms than any other book I have found in its size. It won't take the place of Mosby's Dictionary, but when I'm away from my home its perfect. In the back of the book are about twenty pages of color pictures of different human anatomy with each part labeled. Also, it comes with a disk that merges all the medical terms into Microsoft Word so that spell checking a paper is quick. I've used it in Office 2000 and Office 2007.
on March 22, 2009
This soft covered pocket dictionary will be great to take anywhere with me, but still packs an amazing amount of information and extra tidbits. The photos and other references are also extremely handy. So, far I haven't felt the need to pick up another medical dictionary yet. I also appreciated the bonus medical spell checker software for MS Word!
on October 30, 2013
I purchased this book as a required book for MED 1. I was really hesitant to first purchase it because we are live in the 21st century and we can look up things online! But I was mistaken. I really enjoyed the connivence of having this book on my bookshelf. It's small, lightweight and has basically has all the big words teachers say in class at your fingertips! A good purchase for anyone starting medical school! I actually still have this book on my bookshelf and use it as quick reference when I come upon a medical word I did not know!
on August 25, 2012
The dictionary itself is wonderful -- not only is it complete, it's compact! Perfect for us nursing students! HOWEVER, if you plan to use the CD-ROM dictionary that comes with it, it will NOT work if you have a new computer with Office 2010. I'll be contacting Elsevier on Monday -- if they make it right, I'll let you know.
on July 10, 2012
This item is a handy tool. I can take it everywhere. My only complain is the outdated CD Rom, version 4.0. It was not in the description when I purchased it. But for the bargain price, it is worth it.
on October 26, 2013
Unable to utilize the cd-rom that comes with dictionary. The cd-rom that came with the dictionary could not fit into my MacBook Pro cd-rom slot. It will be helpful to have a normal size cd-rom.
on June 16, 2009
I love that it is small enough to carry around with me but it only had half of the words that were needed for my class in med school.
on May 12, 2011
This product comes with a CD-ROM for spelling of terms that can be used in Microsoft Word. The problem with my copy was that it DOES NOT support Microsoft Word 2007, or 2010 only old versions. What a joke even supplying such an old program. This CD-ROM is a joke.
on October 24, 2014
easy to know medical words for ordinary people.
on April 14, 2014
Its like brand new, thank you so much, just like what the seller described. I had saved a lot of money compared to buying a new one. I am getting the best of it in my nursing schooling.