Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Black Kick Pleat Double Button Red Trim Pinup 1950s Rockabilly Pencil Women's Dress
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 27, 2012
It is a beautiful dress but it runs smaller than the listed size. If you decide to buy it, I recommend you select it one size bigger.
on February 15, 2013
Love the style. Size is O.K. at sholders but small is made for short/small. Being 5'9" Mid section is short making hips too high. Also, kick pleats need to be ironed good to keep from staying open.
on March 22, 2013
I love the style of the dress but it appears to be a cotton material which is very stiff. And really attracts lint! I cant find a tag inside with washing instructions which I found odd. I ordered a large because the other reviews said it ran small but I should have got a medium. (I am 5'7 and 135 pounds) I inquired about an exchange and was told that was just fine but I need to mail it back to Thailand apparently at my expense. :( For a $40 dress it probably is not worth my time. And it took a long time to get the dress because apparently it came all the way from Thailand. Not sure what I am going to do with it. Maybe just try to wash it and hope it shrinks.
on October 11, 2014
There is a lot of variety in the reviews for this dress, and many are misleading. I agree completely with the person who said many of these people must not be used to wearing Rockabilly style clothing. I will comment first on quality, then on sizing. Sorry for the long review, but I hope to be as informative and helpful as I can be...let's face it, ordering clothing online from overseas where the return postage costs more than the item you bought can be intimidating to say the least.
QUALITY: One person complained about the "stiffness" of the material, but this is a WELL made dress, and it appears, based on the threads and the chalk markings on the inside, that an actual dress maker made this. It is not your typical mass-produced, cheap, stretchy knit-type dress that is all you seem to be able to find today, at least for this price. This type of material was used back in the 50s when more women made their own dresses, so it is fitting with the vintage/retro style. And for those of you who have only bought dresses made with cheap polyester, please note that this is the good stuff, and it may affect sizing, so be aware...it is NOT stretchy. I was so surprised at the quality that I received for this price. And I will be shopping for more dresses of this caliber & style from this company. One note, which is not a complaint, just an observation: The picture shows the zipper on the side under the arm, but mine goes down the middle of the back, which means I have to have my husband finish zipping me up once it gets to the top. I can usually do this on my own, but because the dress isn't stretchy, I need help with this one. No biggie for me, but worth noting.
SIZING: I find that when reviewers give their measurements and the size they bought, it is really helpful. So, here are mine: 5'3", 108 lbs., 36B, athletic frame, not very curvy. I usually wear size 4 petite in dresses, size 2 to 4 in jeans, depending on brand, and XS or S in shirts, US standard sizing. With that being said, I originally ordered a small, but I kept reading reviews and remeasured myself and became worried that I might need a medium instead, so I contacted the company the next day before it shipped and requested a medium. Wow, they were super fast in responding and promised to make the change, which they did. I indeed received a medium, and quickly realized I should have stayed with the small. The measurements listed in the description were not correct based on my measurements. I would say to not order up a size but order your true size...true...be honest with yourself. True size means what you wear in non-stretchy clothing, like regular denim jeans with a non-stretchy waist. Stretchy clothing has a minimum and a maximum stretch. If you put on a medium dress but you are nearing maximum stretch, then your true size would be a large. If you put on a large dress and there is minimal stretching, then the large is your true size. Just be honest with your size and measurements. You're the only one who sees the size you ordered. :) Maybe order up a size if you have a large bust. I am not very curvy at all, but have more of an athletic frame, and pencil dresses look good on me. I am pretty handy with a sewing machine, and I alter or make a lot of my clothing, and I will have to say that this was the EASIEST dress to take in that I have ever altered. Probably because of the "stiffness" of the material, which is high quality. With that being said, if you are curvy in the hips, it will probably fit perfectly because that's where I had to take in the most. I took in a full inch on both sides of the dress, and half an inch at the collar (I have narrow shoulders), and it fits perfectly. It is so very attractive, but modest, which is what I'm always looking for. The length for my height (5'3") falls just below the knee. I saw what some reviewers said about the folds at the bottom (the red) staying open, but once I altered the dress, I no longer have this problem. So I think maybe that was a sizing issue. Taking in the hips really closed up the folds.
To sum it up: I should have stuck with the small I originally ordered, but I was able to make it a small in just a few minutes. If you are experienced in altering clothes....or if you are good with a sewing machine, and you are worried about the sizing, just order up a size and tailor to your frame. I can't stress enough how easy it was. I also can't stress enough how much I LOVE this dress.
on April 26, 2013
5/13/2013 Update:
Received exchange dress (Large); arm fit much more comfortable.
Will need to take in top portion but that's expected.
I agree w/ other review about the kick pleats.
The red piping in the middle of the chest is more rounded when on; not a V.
Not impressed w/ quality. Could not zip dress up entirely during try-on
due to red piping not being finished (sewn down) that obstructed the zipper.

Here is the Timeline of events:
3/30/2013: Ordered & Paid
4/26/2013: I requested Tracking Info and received within 24 hours
5/10/2013: Item delivered to my local Post Office
5/11/2013: Available for Pickup at local post Office
on March 24, 2013
disappointed about this dress I wear a large that is a size 12-14.my daughter wears a size 8. I gave it to her it fits her perfectly not true to size.
on September 30, 2013
I put it "fit as expected" because the size charts are totally different than most. As long as you follow those you should be OK. It is fitted and if you have a curvy shape it will give a whole new meaning to the term " wiggle dress."
on September 28, 2013
I got the medium and thought it wouldn't fit. It fits almost too well! Very sexy. I'm 5'7, 36D, 30 inch waist. My butt and hips are small so it fits like a glove. If you have any kind of curve in your lower half though, it will be too tight.
on June 9, 2015
Perfect! My best rules of advice I can give on this dress or others of this style is:
1. Forget society's silly ideas about size and weight and wear what makes you feel BEAUTIFUL!
2. Read the SIZE/MEASUREMENT charts in the description before buying and be real with yourself about your TRUE SIZE.
3. Realize what type of dress you are buying. It clearly has capped sleeves and a pencil skirt so don't expect to be able to cartwheel or do jumping jacks in it. ;)
4. Reading reviews that have specific details/explanations helped me determine if this would fit since we all know sizes are not universal.
5. Happy shopping!
My dress arrived certified mail yesterday, weeks before I thought it would arrive. I wasn't home to sign for it so I just picked it up. Immediately tried it on and it was better than I expected. I got a Large because I am 5 foot 7 inches, with an "hourglass figure" (busty, hippy, and booty), weigh 160-165 and my dress fit great, even a little loose. I probably could have fit a medium if I wasn't so busty and the cut of the top. It is well made and the fabric is not the cheap stuff we often see in stores. It does have a bit of a stretch to it as well. My only suggestion to the company is to include care and maintenace instructions, however I did send them an email and I'm sure I will receive that info shortly. I will definitely buy with this seller again!
on June 26, 2013
Every other dress I've ordered with my measurements taken into account put me easily in a size medium but this dress is SUPER tight. I rated it as "too small" although perhaps with the proper shape wear it may fit a little better. I love the style and I really hope I am able to wear it.

~Cheryl