Double Clicking randomly? So I bought the RAT 7 last december, but since a month ago, my mouse sometimes just randomly double clicks, it might not seem like a big deal, but when your playing a game like starcraft 2 and you are selecting a worker to go somewhere but sudden pull all of your workers, that could potentially lose you the game...

So I was just wondering if anybody else has this issue, or if anybody have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks!
asked by W. Chou on December 8, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
Had the same issue with my RAT7. After doing hours of research I came to the conclusion that the switch for the button was failing and causing a double click. The only solution I came up with was a program called MouseFix. From the developer "the problem seems to be that the switch isn't "debounced" when you release the button - i.e. when you release it, it actually clicks again. Basically, the program intercepts "up" events for the left mouse button, and ignores any subsequent "up" events that follow within a very small time."
DanMI answered on January 8, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
oh...I thought that I fixed it with a spyware sweep, but then the problem came back pretty much after a restart hmmm anybody have suggestions?
W. Chou answered on December 14, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
an hour ago, the right button on the mouse also started double clicking...I don't understand
W. Chou answered on January 6, 2012

A
ive already tried re installing the drivers for it, and ive already changed those settings in the mouse settings area
W. Chou answered on January 6, 2012

A
wow...lol your the first person that told me that has had the same problem lol...but then other day, i openned it up, and i accidentally broke a plastic clip that was holding in place the wire that was connecting the profile button but after putting it back together, it worked perfectly...lol well other than that it says its a "unrecognized device" even though it did recognize it, it was back to normal hahaha
W. Chou answered on January 8, 2012

A
Just to add to the discussion: I also had this problem with my RAT 7 after just over a year of use. Seems to be not uncommon, I've also found threads on forums and the like via Google describing the same problem...
Luckily I was still in warranty (here 2 years are required by law), I didn't even have to wait for a new one as they just handed me a new one. Lucky me :D
Well I guess returning it (or sending it for warranty) isn't an option for you anymore as you broke it, but manufacturers do tend to handle warranty request that are just outside the official warranty time with good will, so it would've been worth a try ;)
Creat answered on February 7, 2012

A
oh didn't know that the warranty would still be active :/ oh well hahaha at least now it works, but sometimes it d/cs for like a split second, kinda annoying, but at least its not double clicking :P
W. Chou answered on February 7, 2012

A
You can verify if it's a hardware (switch) problem by temporarily switching the left and right click buttons. If it doesn't dbl click anymore using the right click button then the mouse has a bad switch.. A very common problem with the Logitech mice I've had.
Steven T Brotherton answered on February 24, 2014

A
it cant be the mouse its self unless you are feeling it hit the button under the pad twice. double check all your windows mouse settings if you havent already. you want the enhanced pointer precision off and i have the windows acceleration turn down to about half way although i dont think that will help you. have you tried deleting the software and doing a re install including the driver for the mouse. thats what i would do first. then call the company the mice have a two year warranty.
Cr4$h0v3r1d3 answered on December 18, 2011
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2011 9:09:53 PM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product