4.0 out of 5 stars Very well written
I am expecting twins and have bought several books on this subject. This was the first book I actually read from cover to cover! It was well organized and informative on the things I felt most important (like how will I shop for groceries with twins?). I reccomend it highly and I believe that it will keep your interest throughout.
Published on November 17, 1999 by Kellie Hart

3.0 out of 5 stars To be bought with other baby books, don't just rely on this
Initially I thought this book was great but then realised some of the impracticalities. To suggest that you take your twins to the supermarket using two shopping carts (pushing one in front and pulling one behind you) made me laugh... I can't see how this is possible when you have four little hands grabbing things out of the cart and off the shelves!
There are...
Published on August 22, 2000 by Angela Sargeant

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well written, November 17, 1999
Kellie Hart (Novato, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Double Duty : The Parents' Guide to Raising Twins, from Pregnancy Through the School Years (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars To be bought with other baby books, don't just rely on this, August 22, 2000
Angela Sargeant (Sydney, NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
There are some really good tips though, such as how to keep the twins amused. Also the section on statistics and twin types was very interesting.
I suggest parents also buy books such as "What to Expect the First Year" by Arlene Eisenberg.

3.0 out of 5 stars Been there, Done that, October 29, 2001
By A Customer
My identical twin girls turned 2 in September. I bought this book when they were about 4 months old. It's taken me a while to get around to commenting as I've been, well, kind of busy although it does indeed get easier. I found some of the information helpful, some obvious. When I read the comment about the possibility of the two babies crying at the same time discussed as: "Actually that doesn't happen too often..." you could probably hear me close the book. Honestly, with the best care and complete attention, it happens OFTEN! They are two people who want ALL of your attention NOW! It's understandable and still very challenging. Would I want it any other way? Absolutely not, but it's still exhausting and sometimes very frustrating. Twins are not double the experience. It is exponentially harder and exponentially sweeter. More hugs and love and more fuss. My answer to this? Take a deep breath and love them more.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good quick glide over a large territory., July 19, 2007
If you are expecting twins and only can choose or take the time to read one book, this is the one to buy. As we have a pair on the way, (at a rather late time in life for me, I already have three adult children), I am keenly interested in what is in store for my wife and me in the months ahead. Having now read several books about twins, I would say that Baglivi-Tinglof's "Double Duty" is perhaps the most readable, if not the most in depth, review of events to come. She clearly sets forth what to expect in the pregnancy stage, what to do in preparation, and perhaps just as valuable, what you don't need to concern yourself with on hearing about the upcoming 'doubly blessed event(s)'. She doesn't stop there but also provides a succinct summary of what to expect in the next phases of their lives. You won't regret the practical and straightforward information this book provides. It is also performs another valuable service: calming the expectant parents. So much on the internet focuses on the challenges and potential complications of the twin experience, this balanced view is very refreshing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the Basics, February 7, 2002
Daryl T. Johnson (Bonney Lake, WA United States) - See all my reviews
As almost all mothers of twins, I have read numerous books on the subject. This book is good for a quick rundown on the basics. It doesn't go into a lot of detail, but offers a few basic suggestions. Unfortunately, my twins seem to always cry at the same time. I have tried the two carts (push and pull), it works, as a last resort. It's organized in a very mother, friendly, reading manner. By that I mean, it's easy to leave off on a page while you chase a child, and then pick up where you left off.

3.0 out of 5 stars A quick, simple read, August 27, 2006
Becky Pourchot (Middleton, Wisconsin) - See all my reviews
This quick read would be ideal for a tired new mom, who needs the occasional quick reference, however as a pregnant mom with a bit of time on my hands I was left wanting something more in depth. Included are lots of "Top Five" lists, quick and easy recipes, and basic survival advice, but the book still feels like a compilation of simple parenting magazine articles. It's hard to get into depth, when you're covering pregnancy through the school years in 191 pages. I recommend this book only to parents who are looking for a basic, light read that summarizes early life with twins.

2.0 out of 5 stars Why do I get overwhelmed by just reading this book?, February 3, 2010
As soon as I found out I was pregnant with twins, I was on the hunt for twin-specific advice. My other books (What to Expect, Girlfriends Guide) were helpful on a general pregnancy level, but weren't addressing my concerns about being pregnant with twins. Although Double Duty did provide some interesting tid-bits about twins (that fact that 25% of identical twins have "opposite traits" like one will be right-handed and the other will be left-handed) was interesting. But, every time I put down this book I was overwhelmed and discouraged about my future life as a mother of twins. It's enough to be pregnant for the first time, but with twins it's even more exaggerated. More encouragement, more positive reinforcement would be nice. I'm reading this for information and advice, not to feel upset and overwhelmed. A friend who has been through twins recommended Dr. Barbara Luke's When You're Expecting Twins, Triples or Quads. I'm going to pick that one up and hope for something better!

4.0 out of 5 stars good place to start, October 16, 2009
I loved this book. My twins are now 4 and this is always the book I recommend to expectant moms of multiples as a starting spot. It's a quick, easy read. Lots of practical info, not stuffy and condescending like some others I read. It gave me the courage to overcome my fears of going out into the world alone with my twins at about a month old. I loved the reference section in the back that led to other great resources to check out. It also made me think of good questions to ask of other moms of twins I met along the way. It is a bit light on medical issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, December 19, 2007
Mama of Twins (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
Best twin book out there by far, except for one thing.... it hasn't been updated in almost 10 years! Their tips are great, but their price estimates are way off... Other than price estimates though, the book is still very practical and gives perspectives of those who have raised kids through adult-hood, not just still in the middle of it. i like the fact she talks about birthdays and presents at the holidays and other things you wonder about. Overall, great general guide with helpful hints.

4.0 out of 5 stars liked the book, June 26, 2009
I recieved the SECOND EDITION to this book and found it had good information even for a mom on her 4th pregnancy, but first time with Twins. I particularly found the advice on individualism helpful because would have made a lot of those mistakes and not even known how it could have affected my babies. Although I am really interested in more pregnancy related information it was a good book with a lot of good information.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›