Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 8, 2006
I was initially very excited about this book after reading other reviews, knowing my pink-loving 3 year old would be excited, too. However, after reading the book myself I was quite disappointed. The book describes how a little girl that loves pink gets whatever her heart desires (dress, tights, headband, sunglasses, painted room & ceiling, bedding, rug, toys, birthday party, gifts, etc. all in pink, of course) until her mom can't find her in all of the pink. Only then does the little girl miss some other colors. But this is only one page of the book, after page after page of all these things she wants and gets in pink. At the end, when the mother finds her she gets a big red kiss, and it ends with "Madison loved red...", as if to indicate the whole scenario all over again. Does she then love red so much that she gets whatever she wants in red? Seems to me the author missed another important lesson. Besides the fact that there are other colors in the world to enjoy besides your favorite, there also could have been a lesson about getting whatever you want (like everything pink) isn't always a good thing. I'm not even sure I want to read this book to my daughter for fear that she'll think it's ok to have everything she wants (pink or otherwise.)
on December 17, 2005
"Double Pink" is a delight in every way: its writing is witty, engaging, clever and compelling and its illustrations are pure visual confection. Our daughter received it as a birthday gift and even though it's a relatively recent addition to her bookshelf, it's already a bedtime favorite and is destined to remain so. The book's gentle message of "be careful what you wish for" is a great lesson not only for the eight-and-under crowd, but also a good reminder for parents! We've received such an overwhelming reaction from the young friends to whom we've given copies as gifts, that we bought a few extra to have on-hand for the holidays, birthdays, etc.
on July 8, 2007
My daughter loves pink so I thought this would be a nice book for her. Well, she loves the book but I cringe each time I read it as it basically encourages kids to whine and their parents will give in.
on December 3, 2005
This book is a total delight! From its very pink cover to its shockingly pink pages, it is clear that this is a book for serious lovers of pink. My 5 year old daughter loves it, and will not let it out of her sight. The engaging story is well written, and you will enjoy it as much as your daughter does. This is quite fortunate because if your daughter loves pink (and what little girl does not?) you can expect to be reading this story together night after night after night.
on January 27, 2007
I was excited to get this book after the Pricsilla and the Pink Planet and Fancy Nancy, etc. This book is really annoying. First the artwork - it uses a shade of pink so horrifying it's hard to read about 5 pages of the book. Second, the writer over uses the girls name Madison and a few other words - it's abnoxious. I understand what she was shooting for, but she really misses. The writing lacks maturity - there are so many better books out there, I recommend passing on this one.
on August 13, 2013
I Love pink. so i checked this book out at the liabary And Im SO glad i did! its a great book, it really is. I like books that seem to keep going on and on. some people thought it had a bad mesage, but i didnt think so! ~love it~
on January 26, 2013
We truly enjoy this book. My daughter loves pink, and the book is a playful take on pink. I actually think that it is somewhat filled with sarcasm. How much can you really like pink? I do realize that we somehow socialize our girls to favor the color pink, however I do not see this book as a threat to the color institution. I agree with some of the comments to some degree.
on May 20, 2012
I don't want to repeat other reviewers here who agree this book is not worthwhile because they've already summed up the important (negative) points about this book.

The book might as well just be a list of things the girl asks for and then gets, no questions asked.

I hid this book from my kids after we read it once.
on August 9, 2010
Very cute book, my 5 year old loves this book and it is always checked out at the library so i decided to buy it for her, we read it all the time.
on October 4, 2007
We've had this book for about a year now and it is still in regular rotation when we have story time. It can be a little monotonous after a while but we have found that by changing the words from Double Pink to Double Purple or Orange or whatever catches the attention of my daughter and us as parents since we have to think of how to make it different. My daughter always giggles when she catches us reading it "wrong". Ultimately she shouts for us to "read it the right way mommy" and we settle down to see Madison figure out a little bit about life. It's a fun book even after a year.