Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Double Edge Safety Razor Blade Variety Pack - 100 Blades!
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 1, 2010
This is a great deal: buying this pack of 100 blades gives you 7 types of blades - if you look at this fact and think "I only need 1 type of blade; I can pretend to be happy with the largest amount I can buy at once," then consider the fact that all blades are made with different blade angles, manufacturing guidelines, etc. These blades give you both enough blades of each type to 'get used to' each, but not too many to regret if one type isn't for you. This is a much better idea than buying, say, 1,000 of some specific blade (say, 7 AM) and then realizing you can't get a good shave with it.

So why only a 4-star rating? Well, there's the 40 FEATHER BlueBird KAI GILLETTE ASTRA SHARK LORD DERBY Sampler Blades that has 20 types of blades, with 2 blades of each type. Honestly, this is probably a better idea for several reasons: It gives you more variety, and it costs less overall. However, this product is still a good deal, especially if you want to give each type of blade a lot of tries.
on March 6, 2013
I purchased this combo pack of different blades in mid-December, 2012 with an average cost per blade of 20 cents. I do believe there were a few extra blades in my shipment, so my cost per blade was a bit lower. At 3 shaves per blade, it costs me about 7 cents per shave. I had been using Gillete Sensor Excel blades ever since they came out, but a recent price increase at Sam's Club (to over $1.60 per blade) got me to searching around and I realized just how really not smart it was to continue to purchase multiple blade products. (And Sensor Excels are the CHEAP ones!) I shave in the shower, using glycerine soap and a brush, so I get good shaves from the Gillette Sensor Excel blades. I also bought a Merkur razor for the double-edged blades. It is not a mechanical razor, so I have to handle the blades more... cut myself slightly... once.. on the first of the packs of blades, the "Super Platinum" blades made in Israel. If I were to do it over, I would purchase a mechanical opening razor.

I marked the razor with a piece of tape so I could shave with one edge one time and the other edge next time to see how long the blades would last. The "Super Platinum" blades gave me three shaves before getting too dull. I used a Gillete Sensor Excel razor to get closer and some spots around my nose that I had a hard time getting to. I shave 3-4 times a week, with a heavy beard, and found I got 3 shaves from each of these blades with no problems. I did get re-introduced to a mole that I hadn't cut since Gillette Sensor Excel blades came out, but I believe I cut it because I just wasn't used to the double edge shaving system. By the time I got to the end of this pack, I could shave without needing to 'touch-up' with a Sensor Excel blade. There's a slight learning curve to the use of double edged blades.

I have now started using the "Gillette Wilkinson Sword" pack of blades made in India by Gillette India Limited. I like these blades slightly better than the "Super Platinum" blades made in Israel, but have only used 1 blade for 3 shaves so far. The blades are imprinted 'Stainless'. I don't know if that means they are without stains or made of stainless steel. As Gillette is a subsidiary of Proctor & Gamble, I would tend to believe the term is used to mislead consumers, but that's just my opinion. But I like the shave I get from them, so far

I will update other brands as I work my way through them.

5/18/2013 UPDATE
I have been using ASTRA blades and getting 7-8 shaves per blade. So far, I am most pleased with these... but I also believe my face is getting used to double edged blades. The Gillette Sensor Excel "touch-up" razors I have used to supplement the double-edged blades are lasting over 4 months. Unless something drastic comes along to change my mind, my next purchase will be Astra blades.

I have now opened a pack of 7 A.M. Plus blades and will start on them later. The packaging is deceptive, touting Swiss technical quality and never mentioning they are actually made in India. (I found this info on the web.) I generally will not support any company the tries to deceive me. For future edits, I will only post info if I find a blade I like more than the highly-rated (by me) Astra.

5/24/2013 UPDATE
I have thrown all 3 packs of the 7 A.M. Plus blades in the trash. I tried three different blades and none of them gave a me a good shave... too dull. The boys at Amazon ought to cut these blades out of the combo pack, IMO. Just not a good product. The deceptive labeling should have set off an alarm, but shaving did it just as well. BAD Blades, IMO.
on March 31, 2012
I liked the selection of blades for discovering what I like and dislike for blades. I expect that there are so many variables as to which blades are good for each person (which razor you have, how hard you press, shaving soap, beard type, etc). So I am not sure recommending any particular blade is helpful (although I like the Astra and Sharks).

What I thought was great however is that I get to try an assortment of blades and prove to myself that different blades really do have a different feel to them. I get a better shave with some and not with others. Also, some last a lot longer for me.

There are several sample packs out there and I am not sure this one is better than others. At about $0.25 per blade, when I did not like a type (like the 7 AM's) I could just toss out the whole package and not feel like I had lost out.

The package contained the brands shown and I got 100 blades as promised, so I am happy. I would recommend this, or other sample packs, to others starting to shave with a safety razor.
on June 30, 2012
I am brand new to using a safety razor, coming from disposable cartridges so I was a little overwhelmed when trying to figure out what kind of blade to use since I read that one blade may be perfect for one person and a different blade works better for someone else. I did some research and found this variety pack. Other variety packs had people saying that they were shorted and to check upon delivery. I did that and came up with 105. The reason was that the Sharp stainless blades must have been out of stock and they subbed Sharp hi-chromium Durablades which come in 10-packs instead of 5. They tossed 2 of them in, giving me 5 extra blades. Everything else was exactly as advertised.

Some of the other reviews say that all the blades in this sampler are low quality... Well, this is the cheapest sampler pack out there for a reason. If you decided to start shaving with a safety razor to save money, this is a perfect sampler for you. These blades are all inexpensive in a large pack and you get a nice sized sample of each brand. It is nice to have 7 different brands to sample too.

I also ordered a higher end sampler, but it was more money for less blades and less selection. This is a fantastic sampler and it is a very good price at 24 cents a blade. I will update when I sample the blades.
on April 7, 2011
Believe it or not, these blades all perform differently. This is a great way to be sure that your DE shave is all that it can be. I personally have settled on the "Sharp" brand blades.

Throw out that Makemecrazy3 or whatever those are called, spend a few more minutes giving yourself a treat in shaving.
on October 8, 2014
I wish I would have thought more carefully about the variety in this sampler pack prior to making my purchase. Seven types of blades seemed like such a good way to explore the variety that is available to double edged shavers. But you really don't need 3 tucks of each type to make a judgement about the blade. Two blades each would have been sufficient. What I found very early on was that there were 2 good blades (Astra and Crystal), 3 OK blades (Both Sharks and a Chinese made W&S blade sold in the Indian market), and 2 horrible blades (the Sharp and the 7 a.m.). Now I'm left with 10 Sharps and 5 7 A.M. blades that I have little interest in using.

I typically replace blades after three shaves. The Astra and Crystal blades are great through all three shaves and I could probably stretch and get two more good shaves out of them. The Sharks and W&S blades aren't consistently great. Day one of shaving with the Sharks is a little rough, they bite just a bit, but after day 1, they shave very well and are comparable to my experience with the Astra and Crystal blades. The W&S blade has a good day one shave but quickly deteriorates. I can't say anything good about the Sharps or the 7 A.M. blades.
on October 28, 2014
Excellent trial pack. Has enough variety to help you find that blade that truly suits you. Give it a try, theres one brand of blades in this pack that will stand out above the rest for you. Then you can stock up in bulk on that one.
on February 5, 2016
I ordered these before I began growing out a beard. These provided a close shave every single time. The old school razors are bar none in comparison to today's expensive razors that break and irritate your skin after every shave. Now, my wife uses these for shaving her legs. No complaints her way, either. The cost for the quantity is the best perk. Highly recommend.
on June 8, 2015
Selection sent did not match description 110 total received - 15ea Astra Superior Platinum, Astra Superior Stainless, Shark Super Stainless, Gillette 7o'clock, 20ea Sharp Hi Chromium and Treet Platinum, and 10 Crystal Stainless
review image
on November 24, 2015
An excellent assortment of razors, most of which are very well made and shave nicely. Be aware, though, that the super-cheapos they send you will be just that, and I used a single blade from that Crystal Super + pack and had to wait two weeks for the cuts I had to heal. Just throw that one away if you want to avoid problems.