5.0 out of 5 stars Double loaded fun!
Published on July 14, 2007 by M. ONeil

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun
I purchased two of these for my 4yr old as an impulse, since I found them on sale at a very low price ($7). OK, I admit, one was for me.

Published on August 17, 2008 by Jason_CT

5.0 out of 5 stars Double loaded fun!, July 14, 2007
This review is from: Double Shot Rifle w/ 6 darts & 4 shells (Toy)
My 12 year old son decided to buy this toy with his own money. I did my best to talk him out of it, but it was his decision (this time). He only paid $6.00 for it. I expected it to be broken within the first hour of use and warned him of this when he bought it. Well, we've now had two full days of fun and it is still going strong. It was certainly well worth the money spent on it. Even my special needs seven year old was able to operate it. My only warning would be that the darts do come out with a good deal of force. We have decided to purchase two more.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Basics, July 17, 2007
This review is from: Double Shot Rifle w/ 6 darts & 4 shells (Toy)
Attention All Readers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen many bad reviews about this product. Read this for the Basics
The Toy is not perfect, but not a piece of junk. First of all, the right barrel is more powerful then the left and loading take a little while. It is not good for beginners.
The gun is a good value, though. It has almost perfect accuracy and an easy cock. Another feature is that even though it is a double barrel gun, you have the option to shoot the darts one at a time or at the same time (if you shoot the darts one at a time, the left barrel is almost as powerful as the right).
This may seem weird to you, but the toy is very educational (children, do not bring this to school). My grandfather had a shot gun (not double barrel, though) and it loaded the same way as this gun. The gun includes darts and SHELLS, like in the real guns.
Cocking may be one reason why there are so many bad reviews. To cock the gun, you must press the rectangular orange button on the top of the gun. After it is opened, put the butt end of the gun on your lap and push the barrel downward until you hear a click. Let the barrel go.
Loading must be done in advance. To load, put the dart (foam rods with suction cups) into the shells (the orange plastic pieces). There are holes in the darts and rods in the shells. Put the dart's hole over the shell's rod and press down. Put the loaded shell into the right barrel and put the other one (if you want to) in the left barrel. To put the loaded shells into the barrels correctly, cock the gun, and push the dart through the back of the barrel (where you cocked) for as far as you can. Then let go. If it comes out, try again. It happens.
To shoot one dart at a time, pull the trigger softly. To shoot the darts at the same time, pull the trigger hard.
After that, you press the same rectangular orange button. But be ready; the shells are about to fly out! To "catch" the shells, have your hand near the back of the barrel, press the rectangular orange button and when you feel the shells (now unloaded), grab them and put them in the compartment in the butt end of the gun.
To open the compartment in the butt end of the gun, pull the blue part up.
The BuzzBee Ruff Stuff Air Blasters Double Shot Blaster Gun is truly a good gun. BUY IT! YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, August 17, 2008
Jason_CT (Connecticut, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Double Shot Rifle w/ 6 darts & 4 shells (Toy)

I have to admit the guns are a lot of fun. It is very satisfying to break open the gun and have the two spent shells launched out of the barrel. The range of the shots is about 15 to 25 feet, which is perfect for basement target practice.

I agree with other reviewers that this wouldn't be great for a mock battle, but it's for the same reason you never see pictures of any modern military forces with breech loading double barrel shotguns; they are slow and cumbersome to reload. Also, my 4yr old struggles a little to cock the gun, and pull the trigger, but I don't think it would be a problem for any child old enough to use it unsupervised.

The darts could stand to be a little more durable. As soon as they disform, even a little, they start getting stuck in the barrel. I plan to try some of the nerf brand darts to see if they are any better, as some others have suggested.

My wife initially raised concerns about providing simulated guns to our son, but she quickly learned that any attempt to discuss the subject would trigger the release of two foam darts directly into her midsection, and she has since learned to relax a little.

5.0 out of 5 stars A whole heck of a lot of fun!, January 2, 2009
This review is from: Double Shot Rifle w/ 6 darts & 4 shells (Toy)
This shotgun is just so much fun!

Cabin fever from the latest snowstorm means... Blaster Wars! And when the snow lets up that means... building up your arsenal!

First of all, this realistic looking shotgun which is different from all that Nerf sci-fi stuff means it gets a second glance. Secondly, loading your bullets into the shells means more realism. Thirdly, loading and cocking the shotgun means even more realism! Finally, you eject the empty shells by breaking the shotgun open, just like the real thing!

In our latest Blaster Wars, this is the weapon that everyone wanted. Forget about shooting, just loading and cocking the gun was so much fun that everyone wanted to do it. You can keep doing it a hundred times without being bored. The range and accuracy is quite OK, on par with your regular Nerf stuff. Nothing sold in the USA is very high in range or power because no manufacturer wants to get sued. Having said that, this is quite accurate and quite painful, since the spring is quite strong. You have to get the gun just for the fun of loading and cocking it. You get two shots by pulling the trigger twice or once very hard and you can shoot two bullets.

However, in blaster wars, this means you have a 2 bullet gun before you have to reload, and reloading takes a long time because you have to eject the shells by breaking open the gun and then inserted two new shells. If you don't have a buddy or another gun handy, that's the time when you'll get shot! But it's just so much fun that everyone still wants this gun even though it's a 2 shot gun. It's so much fun that I'm going to get the Rapid Fire Rifle next. It uses the same bullets and shell and I'm going to get extra ammo for the next round of blaster wars!

It does take some strength and co-ordination to load and cock this gun so I wouldn't recommend it to any kid under at least 7-8 years old. And remember to play safe and not to shoot anyone in the eye!

(For the geeks, this is quite a sophisticated gun with quite complex mechanisms inside. Just peek into the barrels and you'll see the parts which make the shells go into the barrel and how they are ejected out. There is a lot of thought and engineering which went into designing and making this gun work as good as it does. It's well worth the money.)

100% recommended!!!

Postcript/100 shot review:

Power: Not as powerful as airpump or spinning wheel.
Grade: Adequate, not bad.

Speed: Slow, I have a lot of extra shells, but it takes time!
Grade: Slow.

Accuracy: Quite good, it depends on the dart.

Jamming: I've now found that the dart has to be very straight. Probably because of the long barrel the dart has to travel through, any dart crookedness will mean a great decrease in distance and power. I've even had misfires. When the gun and darts were new, everything was great. Now the darts are old, I have to examine each carefully before I load them.

Fun factor: Still loads of fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, Solid Fun, February 6, 2007
Atharan (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Double Shot Rifle w/ 6 darts & 4 shells (Toy)
My friends and I love this thing! It's very sturdy and satisfying to hold. The breach-loading never gets old, especially with the shells popping out like a real shotgun. I ended up buying the rifle, pistol and shotgun because they're as much fun to reload as they are to shoot!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, February 14, 2009
This review is from: Double Shot Rifle w/ 6 darts & 4 shells (Toy)
It works!!!It Is amazing. i am writing this 60 min. after I got it and I highly reccomend it. My only warning is it is very powerful. Unlike some dart guns it is not a piece of junk. It's amazingly accurate and very powerful. It is very fun and you could have hours of enjoyment with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but mine was faulty, May 29, 2007
This review is from: Double Shot Rifle w/ 6 darts & 4 shells (Toy)
Well I bought mine at walmart and it works all except my left barrel doesnt fire. My nephew bought one and his works fine so I think mine just had a faulty part Im probably gonna return it for another one. It's pretty fun to mess around with even with only working barrel. The breach-loading system is fun and it I love how the shells eject when you open it. Also it has a storage compartment in the butt of the gun which is nifty so you don't lose the other darts. A great toy for kids I got this one for when my nieces or nephews are over here and they like it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money buy nerf., June 13, 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Double Shot Rifle w/ 6 darts & 4 shells (Toy)
First off my son bought this with his own money. It only worked the first day of getting it. Now it won't fire the bullets. Just a cheap knock off toy to nerf. I wouldn't waste any money with this company and my poor soon won't get back his 10 bucks on the stupid thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome!!!!!, August 4, 2008
This review is from: Double Shot Rifle w/ 6 darts & 4 shells (Toy)
I bought this gun at Wal-mart its very very very accurate and fun.
The only bad part is that if you pull back the barrel too far, the elastic
band snaps.
tough-ness-8
accuracy-10
fun-ness-10
overall-10
(on a scale of 1 to 10)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made; did not work, December 26, 2010
This review is from: Double Shot Rifle w/ 6 darts & 4 shells (Toy)
It simply didn't work. Neat concept with the shells and darts, but it never did fire both barrels and only occasionally would one barrel work. After a few times it wouldn't fire either barrel. I definitely would not purchase again.

Double Shot Rifle w/ 6 darts & 4 shells