Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on July 3, 2013
Aside from the Greatest Hits and the Christmas albums I have every other Joe album. I was counting the days and until the release date...the wait was worth it. If you're a Joe fan already, then you will love this album as Joe's sound on this album is amazing. True R&B. if you aren't a Joe fan, then what are you waiting for? Joe, though underrated, is by far one of the best singers out there. An unbelievable talent! A friend of mine asked me to give a rating of the album on a scale of 1 to 10. I said it was too early to rate it, as I had just gotten the CD and had only listened to it once on the way home from the store when asked for the rating. So rough estimate, I said 8 after listening once. That 8 is becoming a10 the more I listen to it. This album will make you remember what real music sounds like.
on July 2, 2013
The new Joe album....... %^$&&&! I said to myself that this must be weak. Wrong! Joe, I have much respect for you! Not only did your change up your style you place it in a way that you knew would benefit your vocals. Double Back is perfection! I can't put it in any other way! He took an old vintage sound twisted it up with a flavor that you must hear. While using live instruments and smooth vocals, he recreated in my opinion a new sound. He has a classic duet with Fantasia that will be played for a long time. He took the 70's atmosphere and placed you into a time museum of R&B utopias. That is the only way I can explain it. The only cut that I didn't care for that much was Magic City outside of that this album will be played in my radio for a long, long time. If you liked the Signature album, this album will definitely have you shaking your head again!
Joe, I have heard a lot of artist and I will say that you are in the elite top 5 bar none! I just wish that you and R. Kelly could put aside your differences and make a duet album! I would call EASY NIGHTS! This album is another classic!
on July 2, 2013
This is R 'n B singer-songwriter Joe's 10th studio album titled 'Doubleback Evolution Of R 'n B' (12 tracks). The album is produced by the California based D. O. A. Joe still has a great vocal range that he demonstrates in this new CD release: e.g. wonderful high pitched vocals in the sweet slow-tempo/ballad track "Love & Sex" (a beautiful orchestral base track, great melody and a duet featuring Idols winner Fantasia), low range vocals as in the track "Magic City" and goes through his full vocal range as in the track "Compromise". He has great harmonies as in wonderful opening track "Something For You" (a wonderfuf track with great melody and an incredible horn section arrangements in this track: horns thrown in inteligently at appropriate intervals. Great job well done!) & the first single "I'd Rather Have A Love" and overall entertaining romantic lyrics as in the beautiful closing/title track "Double Back" (wonderful orchestral base track, great melody and lyrics about taking one's lover for granted until the lover is lost or gone).

Stand-outs/gems/my favourites are "Something For You", "Love & Sex" & the title track "Double Back". The album has some highs and lows but on overall good compositions, great execution of the music and good production by D.O.A.

Singer-songwriter Joe still has got it in this new 10th studio CD release 'Doubleback Evolution Of R 'n B', a recommended CD listening.
on July 3, 2013
If you're a fan of r&b music and have been disappointed by the genre the past few years, you must get this album. I've been a fan of Joe basically since day one- I've been listening to this guy for nearly 20 years now. He's always had talent, but it takes time to refine, hone, and grow talent into focused, disciplined, mature art. If you listened to his "signature" album four years ago, it was an unveiling- a Joe with talent, depth and polish you probably hadn't realized he had. This album builds on everything he accomplished with that album, yet is more focused, disciplined and polished. In a phrase, this album is "state of the art" in terms of being the zenith of current r&b talent. Granted that in itself isn't saying a whole lot- this genre has been lost and confused since the late 90's. But, Joe is calling on classical influences in finding his own sweet spot and setting the standard for what r&b music should embody right now. I can't say enough how impressive it is to see how far Joe has come in his career- a talented young player with swag become refined and polished enough to be the standard bearer of the genre. "Easy," once heard will be the r&b track of the genre. His comfort and mastery of the emotion involved in this song is simply breathtaking. The landmark album of the 2000-2009 era was D'angelo's "Voodoo" album. This decade? This album is an easy early pick. More food for thought- if you followed Marvin Gaye early in his career you know he started out in the 50's doing doo wop stuff, then went on to be the godfather of modern r&b. Joe started out as a talented young player following the crowd in the New Jack Swing era and has emerged as the one singular talent that could very well save the genre. Think about it.
on July 2, 2013
"DOUBLEBACK!" Ok, now I am a true Joe Fan! I have any and everything he has Greatest Hitsever put out, seen him 4 times in Concert. Of course I love this CD, just purchased it today. I like all the songs on this CD! I do have my favorites, already. (2) Easy (3) Baby (6) I'de Rather Have A Love (12) Doubleback! "When I hear Joe's voice, It just brings a smile to my face as well as to my heart!" I think you will love this CD, just like me! Don't even think about it. Order it today, and you will have a nice summer CD, to play! Love You, Joe!!! Fan for life!
on July 5, 2013
In his two decade career, Opelika, Alabama native Joe Thomas has maintained a level of consistency. He made a career off being the sensitive loverman and hasn't strayed too far from his roots. After he left high school, he signed a deal with Mercury Records to release his 1993 debut "Everything". While he scored a few top 20 hits, Mercury didn't know what to do with a singer who was the complete opposite of his onetime labelmate Brian McKnight. He asked for a release from his contract, while writing and producing for other artists- notably Hi-Five and Usher. He landed a huge hit with "All The Things (Your Man Won't Do)" while still being an unsigned artist. He landed on Jive Records in 1997, where he would release his classic sophomore effort "All That I Am". While still writing and producing for other artists (Profyle, Ideal, Xscape, The Temptations) and dueting with Big Pun and Mariah Carey, he saw his biggest success right around the corner. In 2000, he released his third album- the most successful of his career "My Name Is Joe". The next few years saw him release three more records for Jive- the underrated "Better Days", the middling "And Then..." and his final album for the label "Ain't Nothin' Like Me".

He went independent for his next three albums on the reactivated Kedar Entertainment. He started with the uptempo "Joe Thomas, New Man", followed by the live instrumentation of "Signature" and 2011's "The Good, The Bad, The Sexy". He was handpicked by LL Cool J for the song "Take It" from LL's recently released album "Authentic". Joe's longtime manager Kedar Massenburg started a new label after the folding of Kedar Entertainment called Massenburg Media. It would be there where Joe would release his newest album "Double Back: Evolution Of R&B". While the album's title speaks of evolving, it's really a continuation of his 2009 album "Signature". Joe handles the writing and production of roughly half the album, though he brings along a few familiar names. The production team Stargate- who previously worked with Joe on the song "If I Was Your Man"- handles the song "Compromise", in which Joe tries to find common ground with his significant other. The production team The Ambassadorz (who previously appeared on "The Good, The Bad, The Sexy") contributes the sensual ballad "More". Producer Derek "D.O.A." Allen (Best known for Blackgirl's "Krazy" and Tyrese's "Lately") handles production on four songs- "Easy", the Fantasia Barrino duet "Love & Sex", the Too Short featured "1 To 1 Ratio" and the first single "I'd Rather Have A Love". Finally, Joe sings of making poor decisions while falling in love on the ode to strippers "Magic City". Joe's "Double Back: Evolution Of R&B" is another great album from the veteran talent. With twenty years under his belt, he shows that he still has it and hasn't lost a step in his music.
on July 2, 2013
JOE, has out done himself. Since receiving an early copy last Thursday, that's all I've been listening to. Upon it's official release 7/2/13, I made my way to Target first thing in the morning when the opened and purchased three (3)three copies... that's right, 3 copies!!! I need one for my car (even though I burned to my car CD system), one for home and one for work. And since I'm feeling generous, I got an extra copy for my friend. If you are on the fence about this album, take a leap of faith and jump over. THIS ALBUM IS EXCELLENT from start to finish! Joe, if by some strange reason your curious about how your fans are receiving Doubleback Evolution of R&B and decide to read your reviews; let me tell you that it's incredible. Signature was and is still dope, but this right here is off the charts. You are R&B. Ten stars from me.

Your Heavenly Father has truly blessed you with the gift of music. May He continue to richly bless your talent and may the great music keep coming until the end of time.

A JOE FAN FOR LIFE!!!
on July 18, 2013
With the lack of quality R&B music on the market today, it's made me go back and notice artists I missed the first time around. I just recently got into Joe over the past year or so. I've been listening to all of his albums, trying to play catch up. Some albums have been better than others.

I purchased "Doubleback" the day it was released and I was not expecting to enjoy it nearly as much as I did. I found myself giving it a second spin the very first day I listened to it! I have to give him his props, I think this is the strongest album in his catalog.

Joe delivers a very strong, fine vocal here. But, the main thing I love about this album is Joe sounds very contemporary here, yet, still manages to keep a more traditional R&B sound intact without having to depend on predictable, "sex-you-up", cookie-cutter material. Unlike many of his peers, the music is actually geared towards adults (Yes! He's actually using real musicians on some of the songs!). It's sad to see artists who are 40+ years old singing songs that would be better suited for a 20+ year old singer. Donell Jones fell into that trap with his latest album. Although you may find Joe casually chasing a trend or two here, he pretty much keeps things very simple, traditional and classy.

This is a very strong record. I highly recommend it to anyone who is tired of hearing the hip-hop laced, techo-pop sounds that have plagued so-called "contemporary" R&B for so many years now. For those of you who are ready to go back to some real, authentic R&B, "Evolution of R&B" is the way to go!
on August 4, 2013
I had heard one song from the DVD and knew that i wanted to hear more. And this DVD doesn't disappoint. His songs remind me of when singers sang! This is my first Joe DVD and certaily will not be my last. I am now a fan for life.
on August 11, 2013
I heard clips of this CD on my local radio station so I ordered it. I was not disappointed. Great music. Reminds me of 'OLD SCHOOL' music. I would recommend this CD. Great music that you can dance to.