Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 13, 2008
I purchased my first set of these books when they were newly published. After 30 years of constant use, my copies had fallen apart. I used rubber bands to keep the parts together. I kept a special file for the stained pages that had fallen out. Was I happy to see these books available? You bet. I plan to be using them for the next 30 years. I even found copies for my 2 adult daughters. Our family favorite recipes are in these volumes.
on October 1, 2014
A fire in my house destroyed my original set which I bought over 30 years ago. In my opinion it is the best "Basic Cookbook" ever. This cookbook is excellent for the novice or beginner, and over time allows for adjustments and personalization of its recipes. I have given this set to many young brides, including my daughter. It has prevented many new bride cooking disasters. As a pretty decent cook at this point, with many cooking techniques under my belt, I still refer and use this cookbook set.
on March 14, 2013
I have been looking for this cookbook to replace the one I have had for many many years. so when I saw the exact one I had but in perfect condition I was thrilled. All the recipes are great and it has anything you can think of in it. I use mine a few times a week and love it enough to purchase again. very fast shipping too
on January 2, 2014
Our Doubleday Cookbook had over thirty years of use and was literally falling to pieces. Finding the used edition, and a complete set at that, was a very pleasant surprise. The 'new' edition is on our shelf and already put to use.
on October 14, 2009
My father was a publisher's rep for Doubleday while I was growing up, and the go-to cookbook in our house was the Doubleday Cookbook. We never had Joy of Cooking, or any of the other classics, just Doubleday. I got interested in cooking in my teens and read the book cover to cover. Most all of what I know about cooking today came from this book, and cooking is my primary hobby. The original had fun things like how to skin and cook a squirrel, or kill and dismember a turtle, but I don't know that the most recent ones have that. I still have the old, stained, falling apart Doubleday cookbook from my youth, and it is one of my treasures.
on May 19, 2016
So happy to make more yummy things, my mom's go to book for holidays and specials occasions.
on May 20, 2016
I received these books in very good condition as posted.
on December 14, 2014
Slight damage, but these are second hand.