Published on December 14, 2011 by E. S. Stewart

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing
Published on February 9, 2012 by Jack Kirven

4.0 out of 5 stars Great coat with a very slim fit. Not very warm, but comfortable., December 14, 2011
This review is from: Doublju Mens Wool Herringbone Coat (Apparel)
IMPORTANT EDIT: Wanted to let everyone know that to ship the coat back for a refund, it was $22.13 for the cheapest shipping, so quite expensive. Obviously I won't be getting a refund on the shipping I paid to have it delivered, so after I get my refund of $59.99, I'll have cut my refund down to around ~$37. Make sure you get the right size, and if you can't get in contact with the company to get a suggested size, buy one size larger than what you THINK you need! Good luck! (This is in no way against the company, it's the nature of shipping and ultimately, the size issue was my own fault!)

The coat looks great but the fit is a very slim cut. I ordered an XL(US L) thinking that since I wear medium button down shirts (also slim cut) and all my coats are large size, a large would fit well. I also measured myself according to Amazon's size chart and fit under the medium size even though I have a broad build. Definitely get in contact with them before ordering if you really want to know what size you should be getting. They know more about the coat and can make a better judgement on your correct size, so take advantage of that. That said, I was still able to wear the coat, but the arms were hard to lift.

The fabric of the coat feels nice, but I was hoping for a more wool texture. The only minor issue I had was the bib located on the inside of the coat is not stitched to the coat, but connected by buttons. I just have an issue with buttons because at some point, they will break off. The pro to this is that the bib can be removed if you don't want to wear it that day. Also, it's great that the bib zips all the way up to your chin, giving a nice turtleneck feel and look to it, which I like.

The coat has two pockets at the bottom, and the zipper pocket located at the top is functional. The first three buttons on the coat are functional, but the other three seem to have no use other than for style.

The coat is light and probably not adequate for keeping you warm in very cold days. With some decent layering though, the coat should prove to be a stylish finish to your holiday ensemble.

EDIT:
I wanted to add a couple things that I felt I missed on before. There are actually two pockets (which can kind of be seen in the photos) at the top of the coat, both are functional and actual pockets. One zips up, while the other is a nice drop-in style pocket.

The other thing I wanted to add is that, to me, the coat seems like a slightly darker gray color than what's in the picture, but it's a very minor difference, if even noticeable at all to you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome coat!, January 13, 2012
This review is from: Doublju Mens Wool Herringbone Coat (Apparel)
I am 5'9" and 150 pounds and have a slim athletic build, and the medium(us small) fits me very well. I have only just received this jacket but can already tell that it is a near perfect match for the rather mild climate that we have here near Seattle. Looks great, fits great, feels great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, December 29, 2011
This review is from: Doublju Mens Wool Herringbone Coat (Apparel)
I am about 6'4 and 170 pounds. I bought the XXL of this jacket and it fits Perfectly.
Definitely a little thin, but this coat looks great.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, February 9, 2012
This review is from: Doublju Mens Wool Herringbone Coat (Apparel)
The fabric is extremely thin - I would consider this more like a flannel shirt designed to look like a jacket. It is extremely light, so wear it for flair, not for warmth. The bib is so cheaply constructed and attached that I may simply take it out altogether. The fit is not particularly good, and it looks shapeless around the middle. The picture shows a tapered/fitted torso, but it looks frumpy and saggy in person. The collar does not sit as shown in the picture. The pockets are not properly sown, and there is one that is unattached inside. Perhaps wearing more layers beneath will make it sit square and take on more of the appearance of the mannequin? I am a fit person and a model - it isn't my body that makes this piece of clothing look dumpy. I am also concerned that the buttons will come off, as they do not feel particularly heavy or well attached. I would not suggest this for staying warm in the winter, though it may add a nice superficial layer of styling to an autumn outfit if you luck out and get one that fits properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket, December 31, 2011
Beautiful jacket. Great design, I love the herringbone pattern. I've gotten many compliments already. It does feel a little short though and it's not too warm. But, a great deal nevertheless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Go Wrong When Wearing THIS Coat!!!, January 22, 2014
I bought this peacoat for my son for Christmas this year since he's been hinting...not so subtly...that he wanted one. When it came in I was shocked and very happily surprised since it very clearly said it wouldn't be delivered until the beginning of January. It was about a week before Christmas.
When I found the package at my door and inside I found this beautifully made, with fabulous material peacoat I thought for sure I had hit the peacoat JACKPOT, that is until I started really looking at how it was cut! I thought for sure it was going to be too small for him and I was going to have to send it back. However, I went with my gut instinct, wrapped it up and put it under the tree. Christmas morning came and when he opened his gift, he was thrilled beyond words! He jumped up, slung that jacket around him and when his arms slid into the sleeves, his shoulders shrugged to adjust it just right, it was like "BUDDUA"!! (For all you non Northerners out there...that means "BUTTER" ;D)
OH, I'm so glad I went with my gut and kept it! He LOVES it, I LOVE it on him, and he looks FABULOUS in it! All you girls better watch out, cuz my boy's gonna breaks some hearts wearin' this thing out in public! That's all I'm sayin over here!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fit is too small, November 30, 2013
I wanted a "fitted" wool jacket but this was too much. The armpits were so high up you could not move your arms. If I had to do it again I would get another size or two bigger. On the other hand, the customer service was the best I have ever experienced. It was a pleasure actually.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, March 12, 2013
Very Stylish, sort of thin but adequate it wrinkles easily which is something I didn't like about it. However everything else about it was great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just to reiterate. . ., January 30, 2013
Matthew Zich (Irvine, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doublju Mens Wool Herringbone Coat (Apparel)
Its a fine coat for $60, but just to reiterate what other people have said, this is a VERY slim fit. I bought a large London Fog coat the same day I bought this coat in an XL, and while that coat was loose, this coat is very tight. The shoulders especially are narrow, so I wouldn't recommend buying if you have wide shoulders.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, stylish coat, especially for the price, July 8, 2013
This review is from: Doublju Mens Wool Herringbone Coat (Apparel)
For a skinny guy like myself it is near impossible to find a pea coat that doesn't fit like a blanket. I was so happy to find this coat because I know this brand fits me well, and I absolutely love the color and herringbone pattern. I was still worried about the size, but I tried it out and it fits very well. Not perfect, but by far the best fitting coat I will find for myself. Lucky for me, it's also one of the most stylish pea coats that I came across in my search.

As other reviews have mentioned the coat is not super thick, so don't order this thinking it'll keep you warm in freezing climates. I live in Texas, and this coat does the job for our milder winters, but if where you live is notorious for more extreme cold, then you probably want to consider a thicker coat (unless you wear some thick layers underneath).

The black bib is attached to the inside of the coat via small buttons, which makes it easy to remove. The inside of the coat is polyester, which I did not expect, but don't mind, and the outer material is nice. Some other reviewers have complained that the buttons don't seem well attached, but they seem fine to me. Besides, sewing a button back on is an easy fix if one does happen to come loose.

The coat has five pockets - the two hand pockets on the waste, a vertical zipper pocket on the right chest, a smaller pocket on the left chest, and an interior pocket on the left.

I have three very minor gripes with the coat, but they are basically non-issues. One is that the collar doesn't really stay upright very easily like it does in the pictures. I'm sure I can think of a remedy for this however. Second, I thought the armholes would be a little higher. I have a shirt from this brand and they are perfect, but on the coat they are slightly lower. This, however, is probably to accommodate for the layers you will be wearing underneath the coat, so again, no big deal (as I said, the coat pretty much fits me perfectly - the armholes are still great for people with slimmer builds). Lastly, there are two buttons that can be used to adjust the tightness of the straps around the wrists. If you use the tighter button then the end of the strap barely reaches to the loop that keeps the strap fastened to the sleeve, so it is prone to coming loose (like when the end of a belt is just short of a belt loop). It doesn't happen very often, though, so it's hardly something to really complain about.

I highly recommend this coat for anyone needing a slimmer fitting coat and doesn't live in a freezing cold environment.

Doublju Mens Wool Herringbone Coat