5.0 out of 5 stars awesome
love the nice fit...im a size 12 right now...got a large...fit great! these are worth the price which isnt even that high compared to others i seen online
Published 20 months ago by shopaholic4life

1.0 out of 5 stars review of five types of leggings
Published 21 months ago by DisneyDenizen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars review of five types of leggings, November 20, 2012
DisneyDenizen (Celebration, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doublju Women's Crop Leggings in Stretch Cotton (Apparel)
Finding the "right" leggings is almost as difficult as finding the right bra or swimsuit or pair of jeans! The price of my favorite leggings shot up to $29.95 since the last time I bought them, so this time I bought four different kinds to test. Herein, I shall review all five options. As a point of reference, I am 5'7" and weight 137 pounds. Black leggings are a staple in my wardrobe; I wear them all the time.

1. Athletica "City Lights" ***** (five stars)
Hands down, my favorites. Length, cut, and fit are all absolutely perfect. But as of this writing, the price is $29.95 for a pair. Leggings just shouldn't cost $30!

2. Moontree "Cotton Spandex Jersey Legging" ****
The length is good. The waist is in the right place. The cut is good. But something about these leggings makes me feel like "this is what wearing Spanx must feel like". They are snug, but not in a way that makes me feel like I'm wearing the wrong size. It feels like the snugness is part of the design, like in control-top pantyhose. (Remember those?) Only the snugness is in the entire pair of leggings, calf to waist. They look great, but frankly they are almost a relief to peel off at the end of the day. And leggings just shouldn't feel that way. To me, one of the huge advantages of leggings is their comfort; it's like wearing a second skin. Still at $12.99 the price is right and they do look good.

3. Anne Klein "Women's Cotton Leggings" ****
I expected less from these leggings because the waist band is nearly twice as wide as what I'm used to. It turned out not to bother me at all! The fit is perfect. Length and waist are great. But the leggings started pilling almost immediately! Usually, if I run my hands over my leggings, everything feels smooth. Within an hour of the first wearing (I washed them first), these leggings had pervasive pilling. Still, they look great, feel good, and they are only $15.

4. Doublju "Women's Stylish Casual Ankle Cotton Span Leggings" *
The name of these leggings makes me wonder if there's such a thing as formal leggings! The waist is low. No, thanks. I want my leggings to stay put. I returned this pair.

5. Spalding "Women's Ankle Legging" *
I returned this pair also. The waist band was about two inches wide (!), yet the elastic inside the waist band was only about one centimeter wide. Picture that! Anyway, because of the thin waistband which only looked seriously oversized, as I moved around the waistband pretty much went wherever it wanted. Thanks, but I like my leggings to stay put!

ADDITION 3/30/14: After writing the original review, I continued my never-ending quest for the perfect leggings. I now find that I can highly recommend American Apparel. As I write, they cost only $19.60 on Amazon; shipping is directly from American Apparel for $5 but free if you spend $50. Available in multiple colors and sizes, the fit is exactly PERFECT. I own 3 pair and I'm about to buy 5 more... I have also found that Victoria's Secret leggings for daily wear aren't half bad, although the waist is just a touch lower than I'd like, so I find myself tugging on them to keep them up! That said, the waist band is also looser than on other leggings, which is good for those days when you might find yourself carrying a few extra pounds and don't want to feel like your leggings are cutting off your circulation... :) I should also add that I was never again able to buy the right size in Anne Klein leggings. They literally sent me the wrong size repeatedly. I contacted the Anne Klein people. They told me they license out the product and have nothing to do with it. I waited a while, tried again, was sent the correct size, but even the L turned out to be very small. ... Also, Athletica City Lights leggings apparently no longer exist.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doublju Womens Stylish Casual Ankle Cotton Span Leggings HORRIBLE PRODUCT, October 31, 2012
Grand2day (Stoughton, MA United States) - See all my reviews
I have purchased MANY leggings over the years. These leggings were almost sheer, see-through quality. The size i ordered was large ankle length and they were more like medium size capris. Very Poor quality. BUYER BEWARE, stay away from these!

2.0 out of 5 stars I got ripped off, September 1, 2013
It said it was a 3 pack but I only got one. What the duece? I am upset with that!

2.0 out of 5 stars It was not as large as it was advertised, October 30, 2012
This item was advertised as an adult legging and it will be Ok if used by a small adult but if you are above 5 7 it is too small.

3.0 out of 5 stars does the job, May 10, 2013
Good leggings. not the best but for the price they do the job. I wanted them to be light weight and they are. they aren't as fitted in the waist as i need but they stay put. I would buy them again for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, December 13, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Leggings, November 19, 2012
These are great leggings; they are very comfortable and fit well. The only disappointment was that the color is a little off and rather than what I would consider 'nude' they look almost lightly orange tinted. Other than that, they are great!

1.0 out of 5 stars Something is messed up, June 8, 2014
I ordered doublju leggings and received zenana outfitters leggings. The package says doublju and the label on the leggings says zenana outfitters. What's up with that? To big they are going back. What a hassle!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, comfy, stretchy cotton!, May 12, 2014
I am happy with these leggings, the cotton is soft and stretchy and the nude color is really nice! I used it for a costume and would definitely buy another pair!

5.0 out of 5 stars quality level medium, comfort level perfection, March 31, 2014
A.O. (LAS VEGAS, NV, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doublju Women's Crop Leggings in Stretch Cotton (Apparel)
These are INCREDIBLY comfortable!! most amazing leggings ever! I'm about a size 9, 5'5" tall and 150lbs... There's no muffin top in these, they sit perfectly in the middle - not too high where it strangles your neck but not so low that you're always pulling them up. They have a great shape and are seriously the most ridiculously comfortable leggings ever. The quality is medium..they are really really thin so after washing a few times, they get pretty shady. I wear them too much proabably so they got holes in them pretty quick. But I'm about to buy 8 more pairs just to cycle them through more often! I love these things!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›