Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dove Advanced Beauty Clear Tone AntiPerspirant Deodorant, Skin Renew, 2.6 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 19, 2012
I know they cannot put that it probably wont work for women of color on the label, but I think they should have waited before putting this product out. Women of color tend to have darker underarms, elbows, knees, etc; and I don't think that they put everyone in consideration. Which is a shame because I REALLY wanted this to work. As far as just an anti-perspirant, it's decent. But I will not repurchase.
66 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2013
I sweat a bit and always wanted a deodorant that masked the smell. Repeated use of deodorant sticks and sprays had made my underarms a little darker than the rest of my skin. I am now using Dove Clear tone deodorant and I found that to some extent it works. I am not too dark skinned and so my underarms dark color used to look prominent.

After using Dove Clear tone deodorant my underarm skin has lightened in color and this product has a pleasing fragrance that stays for a long time. I wonder whether I can use this product for my elbows as they are dark and rough.

But in totality this is a good product and I would surely recommend it.
on May 12, 2014
Even after hair removal I'd have this dark shadow! Once I learned it was antiperspirant irritation in part I tried this product. It helped a lot and is very effective as a deodorant. Unfortunately it does leave white residue on clothes but that isn't one of its selling points.
on January 3, 2014
What an awesome product. I added it to my order and needed a good antiperspirant. Somehow I didn't even read about evening out the skintone (rarely do I not read reviews but I wanted this product) but now that I noticed the other comments I can say after short time use it is doing what it says. Mostly I notice that my underarm skin is softer and MOST IMPRESSED WITH HOW I NO LONGER HAVE AN ODOR. I can't remember when my other AntiPerpirant stopped working but after bathing and washing real well as always I would have to apply something right away and it only 1/2 worked. I figured since I have some health issues I was at a loss. NOPE..this works for me. If I'm rating I will share that due to my health I bath ever other day or 3 days and I never have to reapply this product at all. Bath put it on again and same thing. So very happy. I know DOVE has come out with a few new options and I would imagine they all work pretty well based on this new product. Seller 5 stars, arrived as promised.
on December 11, 2013
I am very thrilled with this product. Wish I could give it 20 stars. I have become allergic to any type of deodorant over 20 years ago. For 20 some years I have been dealing with baking soda as a deodorant and trying hundreds of other ones, I could not find one that did not make me itch really bad. So after reading about this product decided to take a chance and try it. WOW!!! I am NOT ALLERGIC to it. I can not express how wonderful this is. It smells clean and I absolutely LOVE it. Thank you!...........:)
on February 23, 2015
I love this deodorant, I had gotten dark spots and I heard about this product and decided to try it, well it took about a month before I saw
any difference but it did lighten up the spots. This is my second purchase and I got eight (8). Luv it
on October 2, 2013
This product would most likely work beautifully for an average woman, but it does not work great for me. I sweat. A lot. Literally half an hour after I put this stuff on, I have already sweat through it. I does keep me smelling fresh all day, so that part works! But putting 'antiperspirant' in the name is a stretch.
on April 3, 2012
I started to see results within the 2 days of me wearing it!Its just getting better and better, i would highly recommend this product.It seems just fine to me when i work out so also no sweating much (depends on your body though) love it going to buy this again!
on November 6, 2013
It actually works! :-) I had really dark underarms and now they are almost the same tone as the rest of my skin. I also love the fragrance of this product. And with the subscribe and save it is reasonably priced and I don't say that about many things. Score!
on July 19, 2012
Works great one me! I bought it as a lark at the grocery store - my dark underarms have always bothered me. While this hasn't made the darkness disappear completely, I've noticed that if I use it regularly, it is seriously minimized. I have brown skin, and my underarms were almost black before, now they are just a shade darker than the rest of me.

See 1 answered question