5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!
Works great one me! I bought it as a lark at the grocery store - my dark underarms have always bothered me. While this hasn't made the darkness disappear completely, I've noticed that if I use it regularly, it is seriously minimized. I have brown skin, and my underarms were almost black before, now they are just a shade darker than the rest of me.
Published on July 19, 2012 by myohmy

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not work for women of color?
Published on June 19, 2012 by SugarFoot

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not work for women of color?, June 19, 2012
This review is from: Dove Advanced Beauty Clear Tone AntiPerspirant Deodorant, Skin Renew, 2.6 Ounce (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
I know they cannot put that it probably wont work for women of color on the label, but I think they should have waited before putting this product out. Women of color tend to have darker underarms, elbows, knees, etc; and I don't think that they put everyone in consideration. Which is a shame because I REALLY wanted this to work. As far as just an anti-perspirant, it's decent. But I will not repurchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Clear tone, smelly pits, July 15, 2012
Rebecca Chao (Hopewell Junction, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This product has definitely improved the underarm skintone, but it does not work as well as other Dove products as a deodorant. I either need to reapply many times a day, or layer another deodorant on top. I do not get heavy perspiration, and I have a pretty stationary job. I was surprised by how ineffective this is as a deodorant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, July 19, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!!, June 4, 2012
Ive been using this product for around 3 months now and the darkness I used to have under my arms is COMPLETELY gone!! I started noticing results after a few weeks, this product didnt work over night but the results are worth the wait so be patient ladies!

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT!, April 3, 2012
I started to see results within the 2 days of me wearing it!Its just getting better and better, i would highly recommend this product.It seems just fine to me when i work out so also no sweating much (depends on your body though) love it going to buy this again!

5.0 out of 5 stars really works!, June 5, 2013
I was skeptical but tried this anyway. It really had evened out the skintone under my arms. I saw a difference in the first 2 weeks!
It's worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars saw no change, August 8, 2013
It sucks that dove discontinued the clear tone deodorant they had before this one. This one doesn't seem to help with the darkness at all. I'm assuming it doesn't work for those of color. The smell is pretty nice, that's about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real AntiPerspirant., June 14, 2013
Its amazing how this deodorant stops sweat and finishes the marks on my clothes too.
I highly recommend it to friends.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, November 25, 2012
I am a woman who has been plagued with dark armpits since I was a teen. I am asian and a lot of asian deodorants tend to have skin whitening solutions, but they tend to be more expensive and hard to find. Once I saw the commercial to this new deodorant that helps lighten dark armpits, I thought of "Finally!! America is catching up!". But to my dismay I haven't seen any significant difference since I've been using it for a few months. It did lighten after two days of my first use, but nothing more happened. I really wanted this product to work :[

The smell can be quite powerful; it takes a while for you to get use to it. I personally think the pricing of the product is a bit too much, they need to knock down a few bucks. I read reviews on Xtreme Brite gel works on dark underarms, so I'm thinking about purchasing that next. Sadly, I will not be repurchasing this product. Big disappointment :tears:

1.0 out of 5 stars color bleeding on clothes, October 4, 2012
I have used this deodorant for a couple of weeks. This product caused the color to bleed on my red and white shirt. I have worn the shirt many times using other deodorants, so I concluded that there is an ingredient in this particular brand that caused the bleeding. Beware when wearing red!