Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games

on February 27, 2013
Color: Sensitive Skin NourishingVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a great body wash. I normally use the scented body washes, but gave this a try. It left my skin feeling soft, and moisturized, which is impressive considering the air here is devoid of any moisture this time of year. I've always had this experience with Dove products though.

As for how it works in the shower, the bottle has a convenient arrowhead shape. It's easy to pour the body wash out, and it doesn't run down the sides of the bottle. It lathers well and a little goes a long way. Also, it says it's unscented, it does contain fragrance and smells like a bar of dove soap. The fragrance is very mild though so it doesn't interact with my perfume later on.

I definitely recommend this body wash, or anything by Dove. They make great products.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I am a big fan of Dove beauty bars. Every (which is not that many) dermatologist that I've run across has suggested them for proper skin care, so there are always bars in our showers.

If you used these bars too, you know that they are very mildly scented and generally mild and non-drying to skin. So imagine my surprise when I tried this supposedly gentle wash for sensitive skin and found that it's not all that gentle. I tried it on my wind-whipped winter skin and found that it made me itchy. In fact, there was a slight burning sensation --although the burning was on my chapped cheeks. Arms didn't burn, but were itchy.

This left me wondering where the moisture was.

But the real negative to me was the smell. It wasn't mildly scented like the bars, and it certainly wasn't unscented. To me it had a very strong, too strong, chemical smell. It was strong enough that I feel compelled to warn people with the kind of asthma that can be 'set off' by chemical smells to avoid this product.

I can't recommend it to anyone.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I have a hard time finding washes that won't irritate my skin. This product works well and only a little is needed on a poof to make a lot of suds. It also rinses off well and doesn't make me feel itchy.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Color: Deep Moisture NourishingVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I tried the Regular and the Sensitive Skin. Both contain soybean and sunflower oils to help your skin. Both had more of a soap fragrance than anything else. I could not discern a difference with the Sensitive Skin version. I noticed that these bottles contained about twice the volume of the more specialized products like Axe. But the thinness of the soap is going to cause you to use more. This is typical of most body washes. The major difference between the Unilever products is the scent, the thickness, and whether you want any combination of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Its pretty much a personal preference.

I like the thick stuff better and the fragrance is like an after shave so 5 stars. I would compare this closely to Clear Shampoo for men. The creamy texture does not drop off your hands like the gels. You don't have to use much to get a nice lather so its not only economical but it won't begin to clog up your drains.
VINE VOICEon March 2, 2013
I like the Dove body wash, since it lathers up nicely, and it is soothingly refreshing while its nutrium moisture provides a pleasant shower experience. However, an hour afterward, and though not visible, my skin feels as if it has a bit of a dry, soap-like, Dove-scented film on it - perhaps the feel of clean?

It does its job, but I just feel a little dry is all. This could be a good thing for the upcoming Summer heat we'll be having - if so I'll come back to boost its rating by one more star.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The primary difference I've noticed between the expensive body washes such as those made by Bliss, and the cheaper ones at the grocery store, is that the grocery store ones are less concentrated, so you have to use more. This Dove body wash is more concentrated than most in its price class (but you still need more than you would of a more expensive wash), so if you want a good body wash (particularly in winter when soap can dry out your skin significantly) but don't want to pay a big price, this is the one you want.

This wash is also a good choice if you are looking for something without a strong scent.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
My normal family body wash is Simple Clean Simply Ivory Original Scent Body Wash, 24-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 6) which does a great job of moisturizing, cleaning, and providing excellent value. We buy it with Subscribe and Save. However, I got the Dove Body Wash to compare it and see what we were missing over the more expensive Dove Brand. To start, it is certainly a different formula than the Ivory, with a creamy feeling that is certainly different than the Dove. It didn't lather quite as well, but did do a good job cleaning. To be frank, the best word I could use to describe it would be "slimy", but perhaps that is because I am used to the more traditional Ivory soap rather than a super-moisturizer like Dove.

The scent is pleasant - not unscented, but true to Dove products, it is a gentle scent that didn't bother anybody's skin. Overall, it felt like it was moisturizing, but it's really hard to tell the difference between the Dove and the less expensive Ivory, or even the store brands which promise to be moisturizing. Different feel in the bath, but the same feel afterwards. I don't personally see the value, but it's a fine soap and if you like the creamier consistency of the more moisturizing body washes, then it's a fine choice for you as well.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
So this product did pretty much as it advertises. It cleaned me gently - it did not leave my skin dry like some soaps do.
Whatever moisturizers it has must have absorbed into my skin, because I didn't feel greasy. It had a nice clean fragrance. This is important to me because I don't want anything that either interferes with my perfume or is so annoyingly strong that it gives me a headache. The price seems to be right in line with other like products.

I think my skin is just too old to feel soft and smooth just from using a particular type of soap.

BUT, I will keep buying this soap for all the other positives it has behind it.
on March 3, 2013
I am a fan of dove products, but I'm disappointed in their labeling. Certain fragrances spark headaches so I went the safe route with the unscented body wash, only to find that it was heavily perfumed and even listed 'fragrance' in the ingredients. It's too bad that there aren't any images of that ingredients list or other close-up shots of the product; the situation could have been avoided.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 28, 2013
I was unexpectedly pleased with Dove Body Wash with NutriumMoisture. Typically I figure that all soaps are about the same; I usually prefer liquid soap because it is a bit more convenient than bar soap and it seems less likely to leave soap scum behind (which is a real pain to clean off of the shower walls and door).

But beyond the fact that this is liquid soap, I actually saw some benefits to the Dove product. It cleans OK and rinses off well, not leaving behind any type of oily residue. That said, it really does seem that after a shower using this product my skin feels a less dry than after a shower using my typical "whatever's on sale" liquid soap. I'm not sure I really need this extra conditioning or "moisture" all of the time, but it certainly can be beneficial during the cold winter months in the northeast.

In addition, the scent (similar to Dove soap bars) is not objectionable, and at least for this particular container the price is reasonable for what you get.